• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mosquito Repellent

ChaseTheAce

Double Eagle Member
It's going to be a bad summer in Texas for skeeters.

What's the best bug juice you can buy? Something that stays on with a lot of sweating and actually works.

I use the orange can of Off. I think it's a Sports variety. It works pretty well and doesn't reek.

Anything with DEET.

Heck, you can get 100% deet if you wanted.

Anything with DEET.

Heck, you can get 100% deet if you wanted.

I'd stay away from the 100% Deet....I used to use that when I would trout fish some very buggy streams up here in Wisconsin. It works great, but if you put it on your skin you can taste it in your mouth in a few minutes. That can't be too good. The 23% Deet formula works well enough.

I'd stay away from the 100% Deet....I used to use that when I would trout fish some very buggy streams up here in Wisconsin. It works great, but if you put it on your skin you can taste it in your mouth in a few minutes. That can't be too good. The 23% Deet formula works well enough.

If you drink enough, maybe it will stay in your system and you will always be keeping the mosquitoes away.

DEET is super bad for you, try finding something that doesnt have that.

I have actually found that a dryer sheet works really well and doesn't have the smell or harsh chemicals with the bug spray. I wipe my arms and legs with it and stick one in my pocket and am off to the course.

I have actually found that a dryer sheet works really well and doesn't have the smell or harsh chemicals with the bug spray. I wipe my arms and legs with it and stick one in my pocket and am off to the course.

Interesting... I'll have to try that. I hate the way most bug sprays feel on my skin. I just bought some "Deep Woods Sportsman" made by Off. It is in the pump sprayer. The pump kind seems to work better than the aerosol for some reason. Btw, it has 25% Deet.

Nothing better than smelling like clean clothes.

I was at Walmart the other day and OFF makes a device that clips to your belt and uses these propane charges to emit a cloud around you. We had a guy with one at the tournament on Saturday, and the skeeters were horrible, and he said they didn't bother him at all.

I was at Walmart the other day and OFF makes a device that clips to your belt and uses these propane charges to emit a cloud around you.

Just leave the Marboro's at home. I don't suggest firing up with a cloud of propane surrounding you!:D

Rose geranium essential oil works amazingly well....others that work well are Citronella, Eucalyptus, Lemongrass, Cajeput, Pepermint, Nepeta,a nd bergamot. Most of these can be found at a health food store.

I like to make a spritzer of these oils(40 drops oil) mixed in (8 oz) distilled water.

Haven't tried it yet......but I will.

i'm kinda lucky bugs don't like my blood :) but i still spray on a bit of lemon eucalyptus made but cutter works great.