• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Most Boring Disc in Your Bag...

jcassidy1990

Reptilian Disc Golf
We all have that disc in our bag that is just not fun to throw...

You can't kick the disc out of the bag because it is exceptionally reliable at performing its job.

For me, the Scale is really boring to throw. I know I designed the mold but man oh man is it just a boring disc to throw. It isn't capable of tons of distance or eye popping drives.. but it does its job well. Bring on any winds and conditions, the Scale WILL be the disc I grab for the upshot. Time and time again I will toss the Scale into winds that would eat up other PnA molds and it just settles on down by the pin. I love it... but is a snoozer :|

What disc sits in your bag and is just not fun to throw... but you cannot take it out!

I like throwing all my discs. Some are more predictable, sure, but I haven't ever equated that to boring.

Yeah, that's an odd question. I don't know if I could throw a disc that I don't enjoy throwing. You can throw a goofy line with all of them, so there's no boredom there. When it comes to executing shots on the course, they all fit their roles and as long as they get the job done there's nothing boring about it. Maybe the courses can be boring, but I can't fault the disc for that :)

If I had to pick, well thats a hard one. I think either the xxx or trident ( very similiar discs) would be on that list. But the tridents that I have are pink, lighter weight and in grippy gold line plastic that melts into my hand. So I guess that wouldn't really be on the list.

I guess I would have to think of yesteryear and that would absolutely be the rhyno in dx plastic-so boring! Consequently a disc I don't bag much anymore..

Yes., I'm all about the fun too..

I was thinking Scale before I opened this thread and saw Jamie's post. But then again, sometimes it just amazes me (big floaty pin-seeking flex lines to 200'?). So I'm going to say none. No boring discs.

I would agree the scale is a boring disc. I would also say my 12x kc champ firebird is a boring as well.

Firebird does three things. Heavy fade, skip shot and s shots that don't hold the anhy for long.

Scale even has less jobs. Short holes or upshots that are straight with fade. It doesn't skip reliably so no skip shots. Sometimes I may throw a flex so it'll be straight with less fade if there is OB on right. But usually just throw a trust nova straight.

Prodigy PA4. Sometimes you just need that understable putter, but, it's never a "fun" shot... Just an out that needs taking.

Interesting question. First of all, it's the shot that is exciting... figuring out what the challenges are, what the best shot is, then what available disc is going to best help get the job done. So to that end, there is no such thing as a "boring" disc.

However, I understand what you are saying, so I'd say the discs I least want to throw are the discs I only go to when I'm in trouble and am trying to get out of that bad situation. And that usually means my Thunderbird and/or Roc3, which I throw the least often, and usually when an overstable hyzer or skip shot is needed.

I'd agree on the scale. It's good at being a OS brick, but it's the only putter I trust to crash through vegetation close to the basket. Only sees the light of day once every round or two, but when it does I sure do like to have it.

I would probably say my Buzzz. I've bagged them for years, tried other options countless times just because, and always went back. I doubt I'll ever stop throwing them and I'm still in my 20s.

I play wooded courses and prefer the tougher more technical or risky shots as far as fun-level goes. The really hard recovery shots (not that I'm ever off of the fairway:rolleyes:), mandos, doglegs, and other similar design options are holes that I usually use a different disc than my Buzzz. I use it for straight and subtle hyzer/anhzyer but those aren't fun holes to me. Some gaps or certain holes a lazer straight shot is nothing short of beautiful but generally speaking the Buzzz gets use on more simple/easier fairways.

Last year I would have thought this a ridiculous question. I love throwing discs, it's certainly not boring. Then I got my beautiful, blue cryztal flx Zone. I use it almost exclusively for FH approach shots. It's useful, but I don't enjoy throwing it. I thought I was crazy feeling that way. It's almost always a nice shot, but still just not that fun.

My firebirds. Boring to need that dumpy hard fade rather than working another disc on a hyzer. But it's not leaving my bag nor am I using anything else on that shot

Any of my OS discs. In the last year or so I've really moved to playing Big Dumb Hyzer golf as much as possible. Great for me scores, not so much fun. So whatever OS disc I'm ranging for a BDH. Scale, domey Roc3, brinster bird, FD3, meathook destroyer.

The Scale is too much fun to throw. It's by far the disc I get the most "wait... what did you just throw?" reactions from. I refer to it as my irrational confidence disc. Not sure how to get there? Just throw the scale in the neighborhood as hard as I can, it'll get there somehkw.

I have a backup Atom putting putter. Just sits in the putter slot, jealous of his brother. Only gets pulled out for practice rounds and warmups.

Buzzzes I suppose. I use them on the majority of my shots from 150-250' and it's a variation of the same thing: laser beams! As I carry two, it's just a matter of which one I want to throw with a straight line: the beat Buzzz (for slight anny finish) or the fresh Buzzz (for slight hyzer finish).

Easily Firebird. Never gets tons of distance and doesn't have a pretty S line. But it's far too reliable to ever leave my bag.