• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Courses Played in a state you haven't lived

135 in Illinois. There was a time when it was a goal to have 3 or more states with 100+; but, I just never got around to it...

Northern IL is just ripe with courses. It's kinda crazy. I'm guessing I could still pluck about 70 or 80 in the greater Chicagoland area.

I decided to 'export' my courses list into Excel... kinda cool to see some graphical data. Here's my course distribution excluding Illinois.

Total courses: 501
Minus Illinois: 357

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Chart 501.jpg
    Chart 501.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 116
  • Chart 501 no IL.jpg
    Chart 501 no IL.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 113
Heh thanks.... it was 95% copying into excel and 5% making a chart TBH.

Yeah, for sure... 15-20 minute drive between each one would add up quick.

I wonder what the most efficient bagging day would look like around Chicago... probably the grouping from like Glencoe to Buffalo Grove and up north toward Gurnee. Just don't look at the course ratings!!!

Watts
Fink
Keller
Willow Stream
Twin Creeks
Diamond Lake Slough
Leo Leathers
Fremont School
Central Park
Warren Township
Joy Lutheran
Adler

I wonder what ol' Mashnut would think....

attachment.php

Attachments

• Chicago Route.jpg
    Chicago Route.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 100
Click on most anyone of those Chicago area courses and you'll most likely find 2-3 within 3 miles. And there's quite a few Blue courses (less than 9 holes) to mix in. Play 9, drive 5 minutes, play 9, drive 8 minutes, play a 5 hole course, drive 15 minutes and play an 18.

At my age now, i'd be aiming at six a day. 8-9-10 in a day is reasonable for anyone in decent shape as long as you're willing to play whichever course you come across. Expect a lot of 1.5 and 2.0 courses that can knock off in 20 minutes or less. Just understand you aren't playing great courses. You're just racking em up. I have to admit, it got a little old after a week of the same thing.

Click on most anyone of those Chicago area courses and you'll most likely find 2-3 within 3 miles. And there's quite a few Blue courses (less than 9 holes) to mix in. Play 9, drive 5 minutes, play 9, drive 8 minutes, play a 5 hole course, drive 15 minutes and play an 18.

At my age now, i'd be aiming at six a day. 8-9-10 in a day is reasonable for anyone in decent shape as long as you're willing to play whichever course you come across. Expect a lot of 1.5 and 2.0 courses that can knock off in 20 minutes or less. Just understand you aren't playing great courses. You're just racking em up. I have to admit, it got a little old after a week of the same thing.

Let's see, that was back during your "Push to 1000" wasn't it?

You can easily play 6-9 of those Chicago niners a day. I knocked about 50 in 8 eight days.

I've done as many as 11 down there in a day, and I'm guessing I could map out days where I could get more if I tried.

Hell, I got 11 on Sunday in central WI, and that wasn't nearly as concentrated.

I've done as many as 11 down there in a day, and I'm guessing I could map out days where I could get more if I tried.

Hell, I got 11 on Sunday in central WI, and that wasn't nearly as concentrated.

No new ones I hope 🤬

All new ones!!

I have three to add to the site. Apparently the Eau Claire folks don't love to use DGCR, but do love them some uDisc...

3 new ones in Eau Claire? Nice, did play Cadott? That was the first one I ever added.

They must've just added that Pinehurst course. Of course too, I was there a month ago.

Last edited:
3 new ones in Eau Claire? Nice, did play Cadott? That was the first one I ever added.

They must've just added that Pinehurst course. Of course too, I was there a month ago.

Actually, I guess it's only two I need to add. The Pinehurst one, and a school course in Wittenburg near Panic Park.

Actually, I guess it's only two I need to add. The Pinehurst one, and a school course in Wittenburg near Panic Park.

Gotcha, I saw that Wittenberg one on Udisc but haven't played it yet. I played the Pines Sunday and it was actually pretty decent. Highbridge the last 2 days and my hungover, sore self is now off to Sandy Point.

Let's see, that was back during your "Push to 1000" wasn't it?

Wow, I can't believe you picked up on that. I had to go back in the archives and figure out that all those Chicago miners were played in June of 2016 and after a cross country road trip in August, I played # 1000 soon after in Cali.

For what it's worth, i'm heading across the state tomorrow and knocking off about 23-24 courses and then i'll Be pushing 1500.

Latest posts