• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Courses Played in a state you haven't lived

Well, with 265 courses played in my home state of Texas.

Next up is Oklahoma with 41
Arkansas with 39
and Tennessee with 24

I have family in TN, At one time I had played every course in Arkansas, but they are adding them faster than I can play them.

I have a lot in OK to play, but my current goal is to play every course I can in Texas.

That's funny. In 2009 Texas didn't even have 265 courses. Same for Lion and Cali. Lion is just relentless about hitting up all of those California courses. You both are complete addicts.:D

Your pretty close to 300 played in one state, I know only 2 people that have played over 300 courses in one state. You could be the 3rd. Playing all of texas would be tough, its like California. There are literally a thousand miles you could travel between courses in the state.

Well, with 265 courses played in my home state of Texas.

Next up is Oklahoma with 41
Arkansas with 39
and Tennessee with 24

I have family in TN, At one time I had played every course in Arkansas, but they are adding them faster than I can play them.

I have a lot in OK to play, but my current goal is to play every course I can in Texas.

2, NJ.

I've played as many in the Netherlands. And if you include Germany that makes 3. So I've played more courses in Europe than any State other than NY.

Currently, California (23), but I suspect Alabama (5) has a good chance to beat that number a year from now.

I have 7 each in WI and OR. You guys are impressive.

Trying to get that number in TN and NC up this year.

16 in Iowa (brocation trip and AmWorlds)
16 in Oklahoma (US Masters and in-laws live there)

Heading back to Des Moines later this year, but I suspect I've already played all the courses that will be part of this US Masters.

Live in MI (71 played in MI)

13 in IN, live close to "border"
9 KY, 2 OH, 1 IL, I AR

total of 98

245 total played... I've lived most of my time playing disc golf in TX (75) and VA (33), but it's right on the MD border, so add another (11) to that...

States I've never lived near with 10+
PA - 17
NC - 14
TN - 12
CA - 11

Even though I have played in 26 states, I haven't played more than 6 in any except WI. I've also never played in IL or IA yet - guess I'm just not a bagger.

The ones with 6 are MA and MN.

I know this is the most played in a state that you have not lived, but I just noticed that Wisconsin and Minnesota have passed california in total courses. It used to be Texas and cali. Now it's a different landscape. Texas is only 4 courses away from having 400 total. Since 2009, Texas has more than doubled it's total courses. No telling what the percentage increase for wisco and minn is. There may be a couple of other states that I left out, sorry

At the moment I live in Florida, but I'm located fairly close to Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, and even Louisiana. AL is currently the highest non lived in state at 24 and is the most likely to pass Florida, which is sitting at 27, to become my most played state. That being said, the state I yearn to throw the most in the area is Georgia. I plan on traveling to ATL in the next few weeks

At one point back in August of 2010 I had played EVERY course in Illinois. I try to play as many of the 18 hole courses that go in now. I won't travel out of the way to play 9 holers like I used to.

I've played quite a bit in Wisconsin as I live right on the border.

Last edited:
update with DGCR totals only, not counting unlisted courses:

California where I live: 364

Top 5 States I don't live in:

1. Oregon 74 courses
2. Arizona 73 Courses
3. North Carolina 35 courses
4. Nevada 31 courses
5T. Colorado 21 courses
5T. Wisconsin 21 courses

update with DGCR totals only, not counting unlisted courses:

California where I live: 364

Top 5 States I don't live in:

1. Oregon 74 courses
2. Arizona 73 Courses
3. North Carolina 35 courses
4. Nevada 31 courses
5T. Colorado 21 courses
5T. Wisconsin 21 courses

That's amazing. There are 298 courses in Cali and you have played 364 because of the large number of RIP courses. Pretty neat dude.:clap:

Latest posts