• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Courses Played Per State?

I should easily crack the 100 played in FL in 2018 (currently at 84 DGCR). I'm coming for you PeterS! Trying to figure out how to incorporate the Cemetary Point course into a road trip!

Notable Reviewers
33/92 The Drake (37 total)
27/92 Martin Dewgarita (30 total)
26/92 wericsson (26 total)
25/92 Enraged mullet (25 total)
24/92 Mr Butlertron (24 total)

If I could live vicariously thru Mr Butlertron who's knocked out almost all of southern Alabama in under a year, I could probably have the whole state completed next year. or vice versa. GMcAtee is going to be hard to catch.

Just added 3 more today, which completes my occupation of Mobile. That puts me at 27. Pretty soon I'll be creeping up on the top 10

Who knows, I just may choose to race passed 30 by the end of the year. Playing the courses is easy, driving same-day trips is the exhausting part.

Updated Alabama completion numbers.
There are now 99 current listed courses in the state.
1. 61/99 GMcAtee (66 total)
1. 61/99 wellsbranch250 (61 total)
3. 60/99 bjflash (60 total)
4. 48/99 Estephens (54 total)
5. 39/99 Jeremymurry (41 total)
5. 39/99 AplhaGenerator (39 total)
7. 38/99 Sugarfree310 (41 total)
8. 37/99 Broncofan99 (39 total)
8. 37/99 The_Wood (43 total)
8. 37/99 Aufantastic (38 total)

from Dec 2017
Alabama completion numbers. There are 92 current courses in the state.
1. 51/92 GMcAtee (55 total)
2. 48/92 Estephens (54 total)
3. 44/92 bjflash (44 total)
4. 40/92 Jeremymurry (41 total)
5. 39/92 AplhaGenerator (39 total)
5. 39/92 Broncofan99 (39 total)
7. 38/92 The_Wood (43 total)
8. 37/92 Aufantastic (38 total)
9. 36/92 Sugarfree310 (39 total)
9. 36/92 wellsbranch250 (36 total)

GMcAtee is going to be hard to catch.

I was at or close to 100% of Maryland until about 2000 (when there were only 9 courses).

Buddies who grew up playing object Frisbee golf in the 1970s used to get together once a year to "Disc Golf Across Maryland." When we started we could play everything in a day. Eventually it took all weekend.

Although I'm not absolutely sure we ever played Pine Grove Middle School . . . :confused:

says there are 69 courses in Arizona, but there are actually 70 on the site.
says there are 300 courses in California, but there are actually 308 on the site.

course completion percentages aren't always correct.

I remember seeing that you were once over 100% in cali. It has to be scripting error.
there's actually 100 permanent listed courses for Alabama. not sure why it computes to just 99.

says there are 69 courses in Arizona, but there are actually 70 on the site.
says there are 300 courses in California, but there are actually 308 on the site.

course completion percentages aren't always correct.

I'm still trying to catch all the courses in Washington. I'm currently at 119/121. Somehow, I got credit for playing the same course twice so there's actually three left. I'll hit the Bainbridge Island course this weekend with Monty and the new Lincoln Park course in Blaine will be an easy get as I get up there often to see my grandkids. But that leaves Hoodport Hills in Shelton which I can't bring myself to tackle. It's a 1/2 completely course which is long and terribly overgrown.

And I have a trip planned to knock off 25 Oregon courses which would get me to 125 played out of 132 but I have no plans to try and get them all. A couple are too far off the beaten track and probably three or four are ski resort courses which I'm trying to leave for you younger guys.

26/46(28 wth 2 RIP's) in MT for 56.5%. One might think that clearing a state with only 46 courses should be easy. They would be wrong if that state was MT where you can drive for 10 hours and never leave the state. I'll be pushing to get closer though as I moved to a more centralized location last fall.

Up to 34/53(39 with 1 temp and 4 extinct)

Next closest I'm aware of is Mtn Huckin with 23/53

Still dreading clearing the two high line courses with one being a likely overrated 3/5 9 holer in Glasgow, MT, a short 6 hour drive northeast of Bozeman.

The DGC coverage in southern WI/ Northern IL is shocking. A place like Madison has over 250 Courses within 100 miles (as the crow flies.) I'm very jealous HC. I'll be back up there this week end for a wedding in Oshkosh. I've been meaning to hit WARP and Zobel but I doubt I'll get either on this trip.

232 out of 329 total in Wisconsin. Getting hard to find anything within 100 miles that's not private.

The DGC coverage in southern WI/ Northern IL is shocking. A place like Madison has over 250 Courses within 100 miles (as the crow flies.) I'm very jealous HC. I'll be back up there this week end for a wedding in Oshkosh. I've been meaning to hit WARP and Zobel but I doubt I'll get either on this trip.

If you can only get one, get Zobel. One of the best courses in the state and you'll most likely have the place to yourself.

WARP is a fun spin for sure, but has a little bit of homerism in its high rating. VERY short course.

Thanks for the nudge hc. Zobel was awesome. I did have the place to myself at 615 am this morning.
If you can only get one, get Zobel. One of the best courses in the state and you'll most likely have the place to yourself.

WARP is a fun spin for sure, but has a little bit of homerism in its high rating. VERY short course.

I've never called to find out. Have you? Its the only listed course within an 80 minute drive that I haven't played.

Is Quail Creek still closed for the season? Could that be it?

I've never called to find out. Have you? Its the only listed course within an 80 minute drive that I haven't played.

I haven't either. I guess I will. Their website suggests there are either 36 or 54 holes, with 18 more coming, but only 9 playable regularly???

Last edited: