• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Gratifying Shot

Which shot makes you feel the hottest?

• 160' Ace

Votes: 35 21.0%
  • 500' Roller for an easy par

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • 100' Dead-nuts straight putt

Votes: 61 36.5%
  • 260' Off-hand/sidearm gimmie bird

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Tough 260' up after a bad drive for easy par

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • >100' Tight, get-out-of-trouble technical roller

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • 150' Scoobie park job going under super low branches

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Making the narrow double mando at 260' on a 400' hole

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Hammering the top of the basket on a 240' downhill hole with an overhand

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Any time I don't go OB

Votes: 11 6.6%

• Total voters
I hit a sweet long putt yesterday, best part was that I had to laser it b/w two trees about 5 ft in front of the basket.

Get out of trouble shots and long putts are amazing. I've had both aces and long trouble/putts in tourneys and I think aces still take the cake, especially the one I had.

The ace I had in tourney though was really sweet, the two guys on my card were backhanders, and I forehanded. There was no forehand line really to the basket, a backhand slight hyzer route was perfect. There wasn't enough room for a big anhyzer, so I did a hyzer flip with a beast. Went just to the right of the tree blocking my path, flipped left, then leveled out dead center into the chains 295' away. It was not only "oh wow nice shot!", but it was also funny to hear them say, "Wow, I never would have thought a sidearmer/lefty would ace this. I never thought of that line". It also helped it was the first throw of the second round :D It was far better than a 165' ace in leagues, I can say that much.

Jukeshoe said:
Maybe peeps should only count aces that they call before hand?

"Yo punks, watch dis...[ching] I's gots mad skillz!"

"Off the Eucalyptus. Nothing but strong side, biznitch!"

Dammm Bra! You got juice........:thmbup:

I was laughing so hard I got tears in my eye, thanks.
I voted 100 putt, love it every time.

It's all about the blind ACE, when I thought I badly overshot. Turn to my buddy as the disc dips out of sight over the hill and sheepishly say *ching?* A split second before hearing the chains.
Only made sweeter by having a witness.
Not likely to happen again anytime soon!

I've been working on my rollers lately and there's nothing like seeing a nice roller turnover, hit the ground, getting on edge, and roll for 400+ feet.

i find rollers crazy sexy. nothing like exerting half the energy of the competition and out-driving them by 30%. that, and you have to have a well-groomed, beautiful fairway to work with.:thmbup:

i find rollers crazy sexy. nothing like exerting half the energy of the competition and out-driving them by 30%. that, and you have to have a well-groomed, beautiful fairway to work with.:thmbup:

That was a NICE 500' roller you had on 9 @ HB the other day.

yeah the stars were aligned. nice tailwind for a sky-roller with the ole 175 star wraith. ;).

My rollers blow, Im ok accurate with it, but distance rollers arent any further than my air shots really and thats pathetic. :'(

Gotta go with the upshot save for par. Especially if the bad drive is a tree 30 feet directly in front of the tee and you smack it dead on. Its like parking for a birdie.

My rollers, uh, need some, let's just say, a little work. :\

My rollers are all accidental :wall:

I've had a few "field aces." Those are the most fun for me, but if you want to call a 100' shot that goes in a "putt," that's fine too. I just can't use a putting motion from that distance, and I agree with Apothecary about aces. I'd rather throw a dozen parked birdies in a round than 4 aces. Well, maybe not, because 4 aces in a round would make me feel like Chuck Norris's little brother, but I'm still going for the parkage rather than the aceage.

Chuck Norris does NOT have 'little' brothers, although he may have younger brothers. :clap:

My most gratifying so far have been the 300' hyzer flips that I've just recently been able to do. If i could just find a hole around here open enough to try one on...

Depends. Ace runs are always nice but any ace is sweet. 160' or 400' they all feel great. Right up there with sex, maybe even a little better.

any upshot that lands within 5 feet of the pin is pretty rewarding especially if it comes from a bad drive.

approach putts from outside 50' that go in are great as well, especially when they come in tourney play and you know you just shot fear into the minds of everyone else on your card. ;)

A 400' drive in the woods. Ever.

I'll agree that the rollers are awesome though. But not a 500' roller for par. If you throw a 500' roller and only get a par, there's something else wrong with your game.

Any ace would be great, 100' putt is cool, and any metal hit from the tee is awesome.

A 400' drive in the woods. Ever.

I'll agree that the rollers are awesome though. But not a 500' roller for par. If you throw a 500' roller and only get a par, there's something else wrong with your game.

im talking a TOUGH par. THIS par:

825fdff6.jpg

6fff4481.jpg

Other - the 300'+ long turnover with a Comet that just keeps turning - probably my favorite shot of all time to watch.

Latest posts