• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Hated/Annoying Holes Period

Hole 11- Madison Meadows(One guy thought 450 ft shot through 20 trees was too easy of a 2 so he requested that it be made a 525 ft hole around a baseball field and roller is the only way to get a 2 unless your that guy from Discraft who can through the overhand 500+ ft.)

Hole 6- Central Park

Hole 9- Madison Meadows

Hole 12- Jericho Lake(If you want to include a hole put into a course because they need to have 18 holes and have 110 ft of land left over).

#16 at Z boaz Tall grass all along the hole and only viable drive is over a very thick forest of trees to the left and trees blocking anything right.Z boaz also has an issue with all the holes being par 3's when some of them should be 4.

Off the top of my head, I'd say Jordan Creek Hole #7. You have to throw through a narrow gap between two trees from the tee, over a really scummy pond and then hope your shot was straight as it has to make it through another tree gap on the other side of the pond. The possibility of losing a disc on this hole with a slightly bad shot is pretty high.

What about #2 at Z-Boaz. Narrow tee shot, blind uphill 2nd(unless you have a cannon arm) Par 4 for mere mortals.

Annoying Holes

I'd agree on number 7 at Jordan. There's also number 10 at that course. That 45 foot hill will give anybody a headache, and give scorecards a headache as well.

That hill on #10 was a killer but I found it fun in a masochistic way :)

What about #2 at Z-Boaz. Narrow tee shot, blind uphill 2nd(unless you have a cannon arm) Par 4 for mere mortals.

Yeah that hole is a beast,but it gives you more than one option off the tee.God,Hole 2-4 in the long at Z-Boaz is a beast stretch.If you want a real challenge come play Z-boaz from the tips around the time of the Z-Boaz open.

If I'm choosing between 2 and 16 at Z Boaz for most annoying, I'm picking No. 2, but it's close. The combination of a tree right in front of you off the tee, gnarly woods on both sides of the fairway and a steep uphill throw on your approach makes this hole a beast.

No. 16 is no picnic, and it's made more annoying because the hole it replaced was my favorite on the course and one of my favorites anywhere.

I have two:

Blue Valley #3 (Kansas City, MO), 700' of uphill, many blockers that I've never even 5'd, much less par at 4.

Blue Valley #9: 936' of brutality across a valley/uphill/dogleg right, gotten a 5 once.

I think its #7 at Jim Mozola in Houston. The one where the gazebo is on your left, and you have to shoot over the river that drains into the bayou, which has trees lining either bank. You thread it through a small hole in the canopy. If you nick any tree, come up short, or it breaks right at all, you are in the bayou. Goodbye disc. Unless you have laser accuracy for long shots, you have to do a lay it up right before the river, and chuck a midrange through the eye of the needle hoping it doesnt touch even any leaves and roll back down river bank into the abyss

#8 Finesse at Spring Valley, in Spring TX is pretty wicked too. The employees at the proshop were way better golfers than me and told me that they have only heard of 2 birdies on it. Ever.
Its in the wood. 10 ft wide before it slopes sharply into Water moccasin- infested muck (buddy almost got bit trying to retrieve his lost innova viper here, ironically). Lined with trees growing at an angle on either side. Canopy shot with row of gnarly, disc grabbing trees and thorns on either bank. After 120 ft or so of this, it takes an abrupt 90 degree turn to the lfet. Still a canopy shot, but only water on your left now. Once it turns, its still really narrow, eventually kinks right before 150 ft to the pin. I think I got a 3 over, my buddy got 5. Brutal

Mozola #5

I think its #7 at Jim Mozola in Houston. The one where the gazebo is on your left, and you have to shoot over the river that drains into the bayou, which has trees lining either bank. You thread it through a small hole in the canopy. If you nick any tree, come up short, or it breaks right at all, you are in the bayou. Goodbye disc. Unless you have laser accuracy for long shots, you have to do a lay it up right before the river, and chuck a midrange through the eye of the needle hoping it doesnt touch even any leaves and roll back down river bank into the abyss

After the course redesign due to the skate park that's the new #5, see the map here:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1397&mode=lf

That's 390' to the basket from the short tee. I doubt there are many Am players with the arm to go for that off the tee. Top Open guys, that may be another story. Am's are pretty much forced to lay up. You can see from the groved in grass that there's a spot that pretty much everyone goes for.

You don't have to go through the trees after laying up. Last time I played there I threw the best spike hyzer of my life up over the trees and landed 15' from the basket. Heck, that may have been the only spike hyzer I've ever intentionally tried to throw ;)

If you've got a Hydra in your bag that's a great disc with which to try and cross through the trees. If it drops in the bayou, the stagnant water there isn't usually moving and it's easy enough to retrieve.

I didn't like Mozola the first time I played it and had no desire to go back. But after several rounds there (and slowly becoming a better player) I've grown to appreciate it more.

ERic

#17 at Dover. A row of trees on both sides of the tee til the hole and a sizable downhill to the right. Sucks everytime.

If you've got a Hydra in your bag that's a great disc with which to try and cross through the trees. If it drops in the bayou, the stagnant water there isn't usually moving and it's easy enough to retrieve.

ERic

Even still, theres no way I'm swimming in it, and my golden retriever will get insta-snagged on the mounds of crap on the bottom of the bayou (you know, cars, gators, dead bodies, pay phones, tires, etc). I don't know how I would retrieve a disc floating out in the middle of the bayou. However, you do make a good point about the spike hyzer. Didnt think to do that, probably because didnt trust myself enough to loft it that high AND get across creek. Well played, EricJ.

Hole #10 at "River Bends" in Utica, its a long left fading hole with a cliff drop off into the river on the entire left side of the hole, I lost my brand new "Sirius Orion" last week in it.