• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Most recent plastic loss

Ugh, horrible night last night. Very windy, and the normally "easy to retrieve disc out of the creek with Golden Retriever" creek was HIGH, DIRTY, and FAST....so...my Aviar on my first shot...buh bye :-( That's 3 aviars gone in 3 weeks. Thinking about getting a new driving putter. (though it's just my form that's off i think) Then to finish things up on whole 16 I threw what started as a great looking Vulcan shot turning slowly to the right...and then the wind got it and flipped it over horribly into a backyard....argh, another expensive night on the course for Rob.

See pg. 1.

how is that any different then the lost disc thread? We I mean I guess more people have posted in that so it's harder to keep up, but this is basically the same thing as that thread without asking a question like "Should I return this?"

157g BRAND SPANKING NEW Star Vulcan

1st day throwing it .... was at three courses yesterday and none of them had anywhere I could really lose a disc so I probably just left it on the ground after a putt ... didn't have a marker with me so someone in Dayton Oh just got an early Christmas present.

That this was throwing great for me as well

DAMMIT MAN

This isn't a loss, but it's an extreme almost loss. I had a free couple hours before work so I grabbed a 6-disc casual bag. I didn't realize it was as windy as it was and didn't really grab any overstable plastic. Hole 17 is a 600' open fairway with about 300' open to the right of the teebox in a shared fairway with Hole 18 that comes back up in the other direction. My drive carried about 350' out but went about 150' right as well. The teebox is in the woods so it's hard to test the air in the open unless you walk 50' or so out and check it. Apparently it was more of a crosswind than I anticipated. The pin is slightly right of the teebox anyways, so carrying that far over still only put me maybe a touch over 300' for the second shot.

Here is where I mention that after the 300' of open fairway along the right, it's bordered by a small swamp line and then a road. So…for some reason I felt like taking out my 166g Opto Sparkle Saint. WHY I felt like taking out a 166g disc is not something I could answer for you. The end result, however, was not very pretty. It lifted. It turned. And it carried. It went straight for the road and traffic was not light. It literally hit the top of a passing car flat, skipped off and hyzered deep into the swamp line. I had no idea WHERE it hit the swamp because I was too busy making sure I hadn't caused a 10-car pileup. Luckily they probably thought they hit a bird or something and kept driving. I spent 20 minutes trudging up and down that line, convinced my beautiful Saint was gone forever. Call it a gift from the disc gods, but I stepped down right on the rim and the other end popped up out of the muck just as I was getting ready to leave and spend the rest of the day thoroughly upset.

The lesson is, my Starfire goes into my 6-disc bag next time.

I lost my yellow champ Augusta Wraith in the corner of the lake at Winthrop during the US Am dubs championship a few weeks ago. It's been my main go-to driver for a long time. Now I see it being auctioned on ebay by 777salvage. I've sent this guy two emails offering a retrieval fee or another disc plus any shipping cost but I've yet to get a reply. It clearly had my info on it as well. I googled him and see that he's been called out on here before. Lame sh*t imo

That's pretty crappy hop, I'd be pissed too. I lost my yellow star sidewinder on hole 3 at Monroeville Park, late release + tree = somewhere deep in the woods where I couldn't see it land. Also threw an F2 champ roadrunner in the pond at Deer Lakes, hit a damn twig and the disc hyzered out into the middle of the water.

I lost my yellow champ Augusta Wraith in the corner of the lake at Winthrop during the US Am dubs championship a few weeks ago. It's been my main go-to driver for a long time. Now I see it being auctioned on ebay by 777salvage. I've sent this guy two emails offering a retrieval fee or another disc plus any shipping cost but I've yet to get a reply. It clearly had my info on it as well. I googled him and see that he's been called out on here before. Lame sh*t imo
That guy is no good. If I had money to blow, I would try and get discs back for people from him. I mean a finders fee for the dive and maybe shipping would be fine with me, but to auction the discs off is a DB move if you ask me. Just my 2 cents.

pink z surge ss. in my backyard. :doh: should be in plain sight as i saw exactly where it landed. but no... :wall:

Posting in this thread might be bad luck. I posted yesterday, then got a roadrunner stuck in a thick pine tree this morning. I hit it with a rock and it just went deeper in until I couldn't see it anymore. :mad:

Latest posts