• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Most stable Valkyrie?

Fast forward to 6 months later we see Sillybizz flipping over his champ Valk, "Dang, those retards were right, I should have gotten a Viking."

Went to Mandos today, Mary had all the Valks you could want there.
Star, champ, 150 class,flat tops, even some nice Christian Sandstrom discs, if Keith doesn't have what you want , they do.

Yeah I'm planning a trip to Chainbanger'z quite soon. :)

Went to Mandos today, Mary had all the Valks you could want there.
Star, champ, 150 class,flat tops, even some nice Christian Sandstrom discs, if Keith doesn't have what you want , they do.

I don't think they have any echo star valks though. I visited there Monday.

and the valkyrie has the same general flight characteristics as a viking but doesnt turn as much which means its a slightly more stable disc than the valkyrie...but its not a valkyrie.

BINGO!:clap:

Ok guys, you've convinced me to put my 150 DX Viking in my bag. I am finding the Valks too understable and its gotta be the most unpredictable disc I've ever thrown.

I only recently started throwing the 150 class and I'm getting hella distance so I'm sticking with it. Good option you provided!!! Thanks :clap: I'll let you know how it goes!

I have to agree. I also have an early run CE Valk - flattest disc I've ever seen. Stable as a mo fo.

I believe there were some Champ Vikings that were accidentally stamped as Valkyries. Maybe that is what you need.

I believe there were some Champ Vikings that were accidentally stamped as Valkyries. Maybe that is what you need.

Lol, yeah there you go. Get one of those and you can pretend it's a Valk yet have the superiority of a Vike. Everybody wins, good thinking Lep.

If you don't want people to discuss their true opinions and to continue the conversation without you, then you shouldn't be asking on a forum.

I really am not trying to be a jerk, and if you look at my first post you'll see that while I also suggested a viking, I also suggested other answers. Just because you wanted to know which plastic is the most over stable for a Valk...doesn't mean we're not going to suggest other discs that do the same thing. And why would that upset you?

If I asked which magnet was most overstable and somebody told me that the focus was a more over stable putter...well then that'd be great to know. Nobody was trying to upset you or inflame you in any way.

I personally throw more valks right now than Vikings....though I have a deep seated love for my vikings...but in order to keep my Valks as stable as possible I throw champ plastic. Also make sure your valks aren't out of tune (bent or folded in some way) I know that mine are a bit sensitive to that and they get flippy when that happens. You can generally just keep them on a flat surface with a little weight and straighten them back out.

I hope this has helped, and I think you'll enjoy a champ valk if you're willing to baby it a little and maybe add a bit of hyzer, as steady ed always said "flip flat flies straight"

\/\/

I got an x-out champ from Disc golf values, that thing was super stable. If you are picking one up in a store just look for a stiff champ 175. I have thrown JK's, Stars, DX, Glo's, CE's, and the newer stiffer champ ones are the most stable out of all of them in my opinion.

I got an x-out champ from Disc golf values, that thing was super stable. If you are picking one up in a store just look for a stiff champ 175. I have thrown JK's, Stars, DX, Glo's, CE's, and the newer stiffer champ ones are the most stable out of all of them in my opinion.

Except the Viking.

Got about five throws in with my new 172 echo star valk and found it more overstable that my 171 champ. It's more domey than any other valk I've seen. Nice stable valk with that good star grip.

Latest posts