• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most unpopular/uncommon disc you throw?

probably the DGA Quake or DGA Tremor.

both newish, not getting a lot of talj but solid discs for their role

The Berg is the only mold I use that isn't really popular. Not sure if too many people throw Servos or not either.

The Berg is the only mold I use that isn't really popular. Not sure if too many people throw Servos or not either.

Played a round today and latched onto a group. One of them saw my K3, showed me his and we shared a Berg moment. First time either of us had seen another one in the field.

There are so many discs on the market now that it's easy to end up with a disc that sticks in you bag for a few years that becomes a local rarity. Remember when Katana's came out? Everybody was throwing Katana's. Now there are a bunch of discs in that high speed hyzerflip class and people are throwing Freedoms and Cannons and such. A Katana at this point is getting to be uncommon.

I always carry an XD and Cyclones are my main fairway driver. 20 years ago that would have made me typical. Now they seem uncommon.

Uncommon was never my goal. I was always an Aviar/Roc guy. Just your ordinary average frolfer.

Demon, Scale, Serpent, and Stego are all considered rare locally, even if well known on here. Pretty sure I'll also be the only one with an Alpha, but won't know until it's warmer.

love my XDs and QJLS

also carry some common molds in uncommon plastics: proline leos, KC pro teebirds and eagles (10x & 11x). i love the way they feel but they are also my preferred combination of durable and seasonable. they're well-seasoned for my noodle arm!

Played a round today and latched onto a group. One of them saw my K3, showed me his and we shared a Berg moment. First time either of us had seen another one in the field.

Ha ha. I am picturing two people behaving like the Crocodile Hunter enjoying that once in a lifetime sighting of a species never before seen in the wild.

I think mine would be the Flow, can't believe more amateurs doesn't throw it. The perfect in between control and distance.

Or the Sarek, though it seems like the Mercy is an amazing throwing putter and slightly more HSS or cleaner our of my hand and might replace it completely eventually.

There are so many discs on the market now that it's easy to end up with a disc that sticks in you bag for a few years that becomes a local rarity. Remember when Katana's came out? Everybody was throwing Katana's. Now there are a bunch of discs in that high speed hyzerflip class and people are throwing Freedoms and Cannons and such. A Katana at this point is getting to be uncommon.

I always carry an XD and Cyclones are my main fairway driver. 20 years ago that would have made me typical. Now they seem uncommon.

Uncommon was never my goal. I was always an Aviar/Roc guy. Just your ordinary average frolfer.

I have 3 buddies that bag XDs. They are almost religious about them.

I also have an Elite X Cyclone and ESP Cyclone, ESP Cyclone is the one I use the most. Never seen anyone else throw this mold here in Finland. I think it's just like you put it, I did not know that they were already old school when I bought them like five years ago. And I'm glad I didn't, it's a great mold!

Latest posts