• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most unpopular/uncommon disc you throw?

Been throwing Spiders for 15 years. Primary upshot disc that requires some late fade. Most Hyzer shots under 200 ft. All straddle putts and primary windy day putter. My last 5 aces are with Spiders. Carry 2-3 in the bag every round.

At this exact moment, it's probably the Punisher. Can't find much info on it at all or people who are currently throwing it. It's just in a test slot in the bag anyway, probably won't beat out my outlaws (and if they do will still have to pair it with like a crank or something) Looking for it to hopefully be a longer PD type disc - straight to fade while still being workable.

My wife bags the Pearl as her main midrange. Flies very true for her in the 160 weight. She pairs it with a stingray and gobi for less/more stable shots. Those 3 discs I don't see many people throwing in my area.

I have a Bard and a Stego and don't see those in any bags.

Stego is rare enough that I get that though.

One of my buddies does as well, but if all the people I play with/talk to now I know of tell more if I count your buddy, it's mainly a roller for bigger arms, I use it for shaping fast hyzerflip type shots, roll it or air it out for big anny shots it's touchy though

I don't think Slinger uses it for rollers. He uses it in the woods for shaped shots.

I like the feel of Westside plastic the best. So...
I've have/had a Tourney Longbowman, VIP Hatchet, VIP Air Hatchet, VIP Tursas.
I also bag an Axiom Vanish.

Daredevil Buffalo. I picked one up when I was just starting out. Didn't take long to figure out it was a great sidearm disc. It's basically a Firebird. If Daredevil molded their discs in better plastics I would consider picking one up again.

I received a Whitler received a Whitler recently from Mike in Nanaimo, some weird prototype run that is less bouncy I plan on rocking that crazy lid for a while just have to tuck it in front of my comet so it doesn't eat other discs.

Proto star Destroyer. Bagged it for about a decade. I don't think anyone throws those anymore. I also have a Flick in the bag. Don't see many of those. A Torrent as well.

I used to bag a dx skeeter back in my lesser informed days. Also rocked a 150's class dx viper that had lost pretty much all its stability.

Latest posts