• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most unpopular/uncommon disc you throw?

Alas, the MRX was finally kicked out of my bag the season following this post. I still bag my Ontario CRs in DX and Champ. Thanks to McBeth, Barsleby, and ODRB my Roadrunners are becoming moar popular, grrrr. Serpents are hip on here but not particularly ubiquitous throughout the DG world. Eagle Ls seem to have more of a cult following than anything but have gained some notoriety a la Big Jerm and the Infinite Exodus release.

i would love to have a conversation with you in person

One of my favorite discs is a Westside Seer. It's money on hyzerflip tunnel shots, and also for sweet annys. I also use it for rollers that need to get right kinda quickly.

I get asked a lot "what did you throw there?" and when I tell them a Seer, it doesnt register and they just stare blank faced.

One of my favorite discs is a Westside Seer. It's money on hyzerflip tunnel shots, and also for sweet annys. I also use it for rollers that need to get right kinda quickly.

I get asked a lot "what did you throw there?" and when I tell them a Seer, it doesnt register and they just stare blank faced.

That is actually a great disc. It's a lot like the Leopard, especially in that a lot of newer players or lower arm speed ones could really benefit from it but think they need more speed or beef.

Gateway shaman. Its my go to putter. I dont know anyone else that bags them

I have one in the bag, putt with a Wizard, but the Shaman is great in the woods, easy to lazer line or anny at short distances, a little faster and less touchy than a Magic.

I recently got a seer to replace a leo3 that i chucked into a lake for some reason.

Not sure how 'unpopular' it is elsewhere, but I love the Axiom ALIAS and most people I know never heard of it and assume its stupid, haha. Also the Mayhem, I don't think anyone around here throws them - Discmania CD (most ppl throw PD or CD2) - and of course the Element IRIDIUM and RDG SERPENT.

great discs by the way

Not sure how 'unpopular' it is elsewhere, but I love the Axiom ALIAS and most people I know never heard of it and assume its stupid, haha. Also the Mayhem, I don't think anyone around here throws them - Discmania CD (most ppl throw PD or CD2) - and of course the Element IRIDIUM and RDG SERPENT.

great discs by the way

Mayhem seems to be pretty popular in MVP circles, but agree on the Alias, little known but great mid. Was my favorite for a long time until the Proxy stole its shots. I still prefer the Alias for one disc rounds though. It just does it all so well.

How many of you have friends who play less than once a year and still have all their Discs in their bag from like 1994? I LOVE it when they join us and out comes the Scorpion or the Birdie without the thumbtrac, etc...

I put a seasoned Champ Beast in the bag this past weekend. Not old mold or new old mold. Great hyzerflipper

The Mongoose is probably the least popular mold that I throw. Really solid disc that I'd compare to an Innova Sidewinder. I throw them in Legend plastic, which tend start out with a bit more HSS and LSS than Icons. Makes for a pretty workable driver that is easy to throw and can do anything from dead-straight hyzer-flips to long turnovers. Apparently they make great roller discs, but I suck at rollers.

Mayhem seems to be pretty popular in MVP circles, but agree on the Alias, little known but great mid. Was my favorite for a long time until the Proxy stole its shots. I still prefer the Alias for one disc rounds though. It just does it all so well.

yeah im the only one who throws Gyro of all the people I know - the only time I see gyro on the course is when a couple chuckers come chucking through. haha. Which is why I think most ppl think their discs are no good - it attracts the chucks:\:p

The WOLF!

DX-Wolf.jpg