• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mt Airy DGC Alert! Threat of closure!!!

I'm pretty sure LaSalle and McAuley (local high schools) both are setting up student run Disc Golf Clubs. Might be able to set up a deal with the clubs to get them discounts on PTP price for rounding up a certain amount of students.

Someone should talk to Anderson and Turpin students about setting up teams/clubs. With Woodland Mound right there I know there are a TON of kids that play over there. I should know, I was one of em years ago. (I know woodland mound isn't a great course but it is a good beginners course and draws lots of locals)

Interesting how the city magically just found another $17,000,000.00 to put towards the street car project but have a hard time finding money for police, fire dept and grass cutting. :wall:

Stupidity my friend, that is your answer.....

^^^If you replace "street car project" with "more bicycle lanes for hipsters" it sounds just like Portland. :|

Just wanted to say thanks to all for the support. I have been the club`s appointed course pro for Mt.Airy since 2005 and have been able to build a great relationship with Cincinnati Parks Directors and staff. We have been working on renovations ever since and have spent hundreds of hours volunteering and working on the upgrades and helping them with usual maintenance.

In the very near future the GCFDA officers and The Nati pro shop will be meeting with the Parks Directors to work out all the details of making this course Pay to Play. As soon as we have more detailed and accurate information we will let everyone know. Thanks again for all the support and help, it means a great deal to me and to all our members and our disc golf community.

In the very near future the GCFDA officers and The Nati pro shop will be meeting with the Parks Directors to work out all the details of making this course Pay to Play.

:clap: :clap::thmbup: :clap: :thmbup:

Glad to hear everything is working out for now. Thanks for all the hard work you (and everyone who helps) put in to keep this course in top shape. Summer would suck without Airy. Is there any way to get involved improving the course?

Just wanted to say thanks to all for the support. I have been the club`s appointed course pro for Mt.Airy since 2005 and have been able to build a great relationship with Cincinnati Parks Directors and staff. We have been working on renovations ever since and have spent hundreds of hours volunteering and working on the upgrades and helping them with usual maintenance.

In the very near future the GCFDA officers and The Nati pro shop will be meeting with the Parks Directors to work out all the details of making this course Pay to Play. As soon as we have more detailed and accurate information we will let everyone know. Thanks again for all the support and help, it means a great deal to me and to all our members and our disc golf community.

Thanks for the heads up Adam. I hope that making it pay to play will help the course. P.S. I like the pay to play episode of DGTR Live because a lot of great points were made that I would like to see go into effect with this course.

Latest posts