• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Axis

So my red is definitely in between that pink and green. it's got dome but less than the pink. It's definitely more OS than I was expecting.

So my red is definitely in between that pink and green. it's got dome but less than the pink. It's definitely more OS than I was expecting.

I threw a red/orange Axis today and I was surprised that it was more stable than my green...Not overstable, but legitimately 0 HSS rather than the -.5 that I'd give my green. It would still hold any teeny amount of anny I gave it.

I threw a red/orange Axis today and I was surprised that it was more stable than my green...Not overstable, but legitimately 0 HSS rather than the -.5 that I'd give my green. It would still hold any teeny amount of anny I gave it.

Yea it's definitely not OS but when thrown flat it starts to fade out sooner than I expected, Im definitely not complaining though.

Anyone throw the Ice Blue color yet? I just ordered one and was wondering how it compared in stability to the other colors.

Curious about how the neon yellows are molding up too. My buddy has a B-day coming up and I might need to surprise him with the greatest disc he's never thrown.

My orange is more OS than my green but I figured it was because of the 2g difference.

Either of you notice any difference in the PLH as well?

I have noticed that my Pink Axis has "popped" up and become more domey. the first and only flights I've had with the disc we're straight out of the package where it was flatter than my z buzzz. Now that it has sat on my floor it is about the same dome as both my X and Z comet

Last edited:
Just sell it and buy another, or keep it and have two for different shots.

What I do to flatten my Buzzz's reguardless of the plastic is take something heavy with a small diameter. I usually use a large jar of pizza sauce.then i get a bowl that the disc fits in tightly. Put about 2 cups of water in the bowl and stick it in the microwave for a few minutes. when it is done place the disc in the bowl stamp side up to flatten. If the disc creates a seal the cooling water will create negative pressure and suck the dome of the disc in, and the heat will give the plastic memory to hold it's new shape. If it doesn't seal just put your heavy object in the center of the disc.

I have 2 pink one's. I flattened the dome on one and left the other. The domey one flips easier and fades more whereas the flat one is straight straight straight. Either disc could hold a line very well whether it be an anny for hyzer. In a decent head wind it handled it slightly better than a glow z buzzz, but I wouldn't throw them into a strong headwind as both the domey and flat flipped noticeably and rose a lot making tunnel shots difficult.
I am suprised how fast this thing is as well, I threw it side by side with a z buzzz and saw a significant speed difference. I didn't test max distances.
So far I am very pleased and will continue to test it out.

As far as flattening a disc I wouldn't put it in a microwave. I boil water put it in the disc stamp down and put heavy pan on top with some tooth picks so there isn't a suction from the cooling water. I have see the suction concave a disc. The axis turned out super flat without being concaved, it also let a tiny shoulder, just like the views I have seen of the normally flat one's

Last edited:
Just sell it and buy another, or keep it and have two for different shots.

I'd do this...MVP's plastic has incredible memory, and I believe that reshaping the dome may work initially, but it will slowly creep back to original form over time. Back when the Vector came out I beat one up on trees and pavement to the point where it was getting high speed turn. A month later the disc had actually become more HSS again and would no longer turn like it had for a couple of weeks. I've also seen domes on Vectors caved in from shipping, only to come back in a couple days.

IMAG0075.jpg

Both were domey until flattened, I will have to see if it stays flat. I'm leaving the other domey one alone and sitting it in the closet for now. I'm not impressed with the domey version.

I'd do this...MVP's plastic has incredible memory, and I believe that reshaping the dome may work initially, but it will slowly creep back to original form over time. Back when the Vector came out I beat one up on trees and pavement to the point where it was getting high speed turn. A month later the disc had actually become more HSS again and would no longer turn like it had for a couple of weeks. I've also seen domes on Vectors caved in from shipping, only to come back in a couple days.

This. Had an soft ion show up in the mail that the post office beat up, it was all warped. After a couple days of putting practice i checked it out again and now it looks perfect.

Alpine Ski Center just got a shipment in of Axes and the newer Ions if you ever want to drive that way and check them out.

Whoa whoa whoa, when did they start selling discs? The one on glenwood? How much are they there and what colors did they get?

Also, is it "supposed" to be domey or flat? Which one do I want to try if I want consistency through subsequent runs?

Also would like to know if those UV blues are flat or domey...

Last edited:

Latest posts