• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Axis

What I am wondering now that you have got a little HS turn and are using these more, how much use is your Fuse getting? With something like this, would it maybe be better complimented with something more like a Stingray than a Fuse? (although, better or worse, I doubt I could give up my GL Fuse)

I'm using the first GL Fuse I grabbed to throw, which is close to 2 years old now. It's lost some stability and is a true turnover disc. So it rounds out my trio quite nicely (Vector/Axis/Fuse).

Alpine Ski Center just got a shipment in of Axes and the newer Ions if you ever want to drive that way and check them out.

That would be good. I was disappointed last time I made my way out there and they only had 2 Vectors left.

I'm using the first GL Fuse I grabbed to throw, which is close to 2 years old now. It's lost some stability and is a true turnover disc. So it rounds out my trio quite nicely (Vector/Axis/Fuse).

I was planning for the same Mid lineup. Seems like it would cover the bases well. Vector/Axis/Fuse

I was planning for the same Mid lineup. Seems like it would cover the bases well. Vector/Axis/Fuse

Same here. I have soft Ion for putting and approaches and Vector/Axis/Fuse for mids. I have Stratus X for rollers and 150 class Z Flick for overheads. It is the fairway and distance drivers that I kept meddling around... Decisions decisions decisions Why would I keep Flow, Archon, PD, Pro Wraith if I could throw Star Teebird/River as far as those... I'll keep Pro Wraith as it is reliable stable driver for me. Now I am trying OLS/OLF... I def keep Tsunami, ESP Pred, GL Vision, Opto Trident in my bag.

Ok, you got me I am very curious to throw this disc. But if it makes the bag I will have a bunch or angry buzzes to deal with.

Cheers - Koffee

so anybody got a profile view of what is considered a flat axis? and then one of what is considered the domier pinks?

Ok, you got me I am very curious to throw this disc. But if it makes the bag I will have a bunch or angry buzzes to deal with.

Cheers - Koffee

Same here. Going out tonight and giving the axis a chance to show what its got. I have 4 buzzzes, and they better be watching their backs (no I don't carry all the buzzzes at the same time).

I'm currently stuck at work also, but there is absolutely no chance at me leaving because I'm the only one with keys to close up, so I might as well help another MVP fan out! Haha.

Just got my 180 pink Axis from disc golf center yesterday. It flies exactly how i wanted it to.

If put on just the slightest hyzer it will flip and go far. If thrown on a hyzer it will hold it's line decently although it has the urge to flatten out. It has decently low fade and is one of my farthest flying midranges.

Fits perfect in-between my ESP Buzzz and my Z comet.

AS far as compared to other disc I would say it flies like a D Buzzz, it is just a tad straighter than a Buzzz SS and I prefer it alot over the Buzzz SS.

Midrange setup is now ESP Buzzz/Axis/Z Comet/crazy beat up D Buzzz that flips

I might have missed it in this thread, but can someone tell me how the domier pink ones differ in flight to the rest of the Axes?

Got my 179 pink Axis in the mail today. I gotta say, i'm pretty bummed out with the flight. Me and jongoff09 threw my pink, and his flat green for two rounds. Mine is WAY!!! more stable than his. We switched disc's for a round to make sure it wasn't user error, and he noticed the same thing, the Domey Pink one is WAY! more stable......what a bummer :(

Got my 179 pink Axis in the mail today. I gotta say, i'm pretty bummed out with the flight. Me and jongoff09 threw my pink, and his flat green for two rounds. Mine is WAY!!! more stable than his. We switched disc's for a round to make sure it wasn't user error, and he noticed the same thing, the Domey Pink one is WAY! more stable......what a bummer :(

Pm'd :D

My flat green one fits perfectly b/w my Pain and Fuse. It seems as if my mids are finally complete. :D The Axis is such a linear, push forward kind of disc, it's so idiot proof for anything that's not an extreme dog leg left of right. It's just remarkable how flat this disc flies, just stays up like crazy. It also really zips out of your hand, the weight ratio is just great. Loving it.

Latest posts