• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Axis

I Love my N-Ion, 173g

They putt the same as the old ones, but slightly more stable on drives.

What's that have to do with it?

I would assume he was out on an especially cold day and the plastic got brittle. One good rip into that tree and it split.

Who knows. Maybe Throwasurge will tell us the story.

I could take a pic but it's nothing too interesting, just a 4" split in the flightplate, it's the same one I took a gouge out of. It was a little chilly but above 7 C, it's my primary driving Ion 3yrs old, so it's taken a lot of abuse, top domed in perfect and a bit yellow (from the white), to be fair I might have left it in my practice basket for a couple weeks this summer.

Does a neutron Axis fly like one that`s broken in nicely?

Last edited:
A question about the progression of the Axis mold since the first run...

I have a nice green one (FR) and a after a while I bought another Proton Axis since the FR seemed to be wearing in.

My question is regarding the mold, not the flight. The lip of the first run Axis seems deeper and, to me, more comfortable in the hand. I can't really explain it, but the latter run Axis I bought afterwards seems more shallow, and I just don't like the feel of it.

Did they make the rim more shallow to resemble most mids (like the low-profile Buzzz)? And if anyone else has noticed this, does the Neutron Axis have that same, shallow feel?

I mean, that FR green Axis is just money, as you all know. But I want the stability of a Neutron Axis without the discomfort I found in the latter run Protons.

I'm holding a FR clear Proton Axis, and a flat blue Neutron Axis in my hands. If you want to hyper-analyze the two, the bead seems less than a half a millimeter bigger on the FR. And the Neutron is a little flatter. That's it.

For all intents and purposes, they are the same disc. I haven't thrown this FR in a long while, so I can't comment on its flight, but both discs feel the same in my hand.

They have changed the mold somewhat since the first runs, my new eclipse axis is different from my old FR axis, the PLH seems tiny bit higher and the shape of the under-wing is a tiny bit different, i dont have them in from of me right now, but i think thats what i noticed mostly when i compared them.

Sorry to ask a question that has prob been answered here, but I can only read so many pages.......

What (if any) is the flight differences in a proton axis vs a nutron axis vs eclipse axis?

Currently i only have a proton and eclipse. I use the eclipse more bc it seems to hold the line i throw it on better.. (Straighter) Of course i do like the color better too... :) Lol

Thanks all!

A question about the progression of the Axis mold since the first run...

I have a nice green one (FR) and a after a while I bought another Proton Axis since the FR seemed to be wearing in.

My question is regarding the mold, not the flight. The lip of the first run Axis seems deeper and, to me, more comfortable in the hand. I can't really explain it, but the latter run Axis I bought afterwards seems more shallow, and I just don't like the feel of it.

Did they make the rim more shallow to resemble most mids (like the low-profile Buzzz)? And if anyone else has noticed this, does the Neutron Axis have that same, shallow feel?

I mean, that FR green Axis is just money, as you all know. But I want the stability of a Neutron Axis without the discomfort I found in the latter run Protons.

The Axis was designed as a flat/very mild dome mold. FRs are always a little screwy, not good to compare to subsequent runs anyway. Comfortability is all about what you are used to, so get used to the newer Axis!:D Seriously though, they aren't that much different.

Sorry to ask a question that has prob been answered here, but I can only read so many pages.......

What (if any) is the flight differences in a proton axis vs a nutron axis vs eclipse axis?

Currently i only have a proton and eclipse. I use the eclipse more bc it seems to hold the line i throw it on better.. (Straighter) Of course i do like the color better too... :) Lol

Thanks all!

As of the latest few runs the Protons and Eclipse should fly exactly the same. The Neutrons seem to be a bit faster and more HSS in general in my experience.

I lost my 171 Axis yesterday and now I can't find any lighter weight dark blue ones to buy online. Anywhere! Are they gonna re run these?

I've had an Anode for a few months now and it's been the best putter I've owned and I love it.

I've been wanting to try out some other MVP stuff and luckily at a small tournament last weekend one of the guys in our group had a bunch of different MVP stuff in his bag. I asked if I could try some.

The first disc I tried was a 175 Neutron Axis on a open dead straight show 170 feet. I lined up and fired a sharp flight shot straight at the basket. It glided like a laser beam and BAM.

Chains.

My 1st Ace ever.

It wasn't during the round but I don't care. So now I'm going to order one but can't decided between a 176 Neutron or a 174 Proton Axis. I usually throw more towards the low 170 and the 174 Proton was the lightest I could find (that's not black).

Suggestions?

I've had an Anode for a few months now and it's been the best putter I've owned and I love it.

I've been wanting to try out some other MVP stuff and luckily at a small tournament last weekend one of the guys in our group had a bunch of different MVP stuff in his bag. I asked if I could try some.

The first disc I tried was a 175 Neutron Axis on a open dead straight show 170 feet. I lined up and fired a sharp flight shot straight at the basket. It glided like a laser beam and BAM.

Chains.

My 1st Ace ever.

Dang, should have tried to throw the guy some cash and held onto that disc that popped the ace cherry. If I was that guy I would have given it to you!

I tried like crazy but he would not let it go. Tried buying it outright and I even offered to let me go through my whole bag and pick what he wanted.

No dice.

I'm pretty big on the hard proton seems a little less stable once you break it in and more laser like, instead of a real tight S. As far as weight goes I think you can afford to add a couple grams to an Axis without going too far out of your comfort range. The only Axis I could find at first was a 176 which is still my favorite, I went from Buzzzs at 172-174 and a 176 Comet and it throws almost the same and the heavier weight carries better once it gets movin.

Latest posts