• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Axis

theyre straight for you? mine are pretty flippy. well i guess thats bound to happen when im slangin them out there to 350 consistently. there ok discs, much more distance potential in a buzz

fwiw I throw my Axis over 400' consistently and I'd describe them as straight / stable. If you search my youtube for the MVP midrange comparison vid you'll see those sorts of throws.

fwiw I throw my Axis over 400' consistently and I'd describe them as straight / stable. If you search my youtube for the MVP midrange comparison vid you'll see those sorts of throws.

I'm with you on this, with the exception of a beat up N 176 I've got, that flies a lot like a Theory.

thanks but you can always count on Justin at community discs to have the cool stuff! ;)

If I don't order myself that's where I tell anyone to go .

I'm with you on this, with the exception of a beat up N 176 I've got, that flies a lot like a Theory.

I'm bagging the reddish orange eclipse Axis I've been throwing since they sent me testers, and it fits perfectly between a fresh Axis and Theory. That disc is the only reason I don't bag a Tangent.

I'm in love with my Axis. It can really do anything you want it to, and hold it to the end (even sometimes when you don't want it to at times).
So far Ive got 300ft rope shots and 350ft drives that are almost the same just more left fade once its out that far, And boy do these things love spin. Crank on one and it will hold straight for days, Annies as well. Hyzers I need to work with, with a 12mh wind going against its left fade I watched my disc today with a hyzer angle in the air fading right.

I can't say enough good things about it and feel its been lost in the MVP line up amidst other discs. I cant wait to get one beat to see how its flight is! Hope they make a Plasma so its slightly more stable.

One of the things I really like about the Axis is how long it can stay in the air on a hyzer angle...I suppose neutral mids are like that...but for sweeping hyzers it's better than any driver I have.

Lovin my axis also.

My orange/amber 174 is a bit under stable, but will flip to straight and go like a laser with virtually no fade. It annies nicely with more distance than my theory.

My red/pink eclipse 174 is a bit more stable and will snap out of an anny line easier, thrown straight powered up it fill flex nicely and finish with a easy fade.

Anyone else have that difference in eclipse vs. other plastics?

Odd, I've found the exact opposite, the domey ones were much more understable when I threw them.

I also found the Proton to be a tad more overstable, but this seems to be the consensus.

When the vector and axis had a first run stamp many of them had some of the largest dome of any MVP disc to this day. Those FR vectors especially flew overstable. I have had many neutron vectors with similar dome that are OS as any other protons except my DGCR stamp (proton) which is flatter and straighter (more like an axis) ... If you go back to the release time in 2011 it was stated the flat ones didn't have the same LSS by MVP directly.

Love the Axis I have. It's one of the new throwback stamped ones. Has an ever so slight amount of dome, basically it would be considered flat if it wasn't MVP. It is the best "hold any line" disc in my bag. Beat DX Classic Cobra has been locked in as my understable mid for a long time, but I always struggled finding a straight/stable one that worked well for me. Got the Axis a couple months ago and it hasn't left my bag since. If an approach is a bit too far for my Envy, it's always the Axis now. Also love it for short forehand approaches.

Ive got a FR which has more dome then any of the other Axis or MVP discs Ive seen.
I Currently trying to beat my Neutron for most my straight / US
Fresh E Axis for OS Shots
FR Axis can get a little more S out of it because that added dome.

I hope they make a plasma version as the plastic seems to be more stable and the grip rocks.

When the vector and axis had a first run stamp many of them had some of the largest dome of any MVP disc to this day. Those FR vectors especially flew overstable. I have had many neutron vectors with similar dome that are OS as any other protons except my DGCR stamp (proton) which is flatter and straighter (more like an axis) ... If you go back to the release time in 2011 it was stated the flat ones didn't have the same LSS by MVP directly.

Source? I would be curious to see this.

I bag several Axis/Vectors and I have yet to find a domey one that was more stable than their flat counterparts. Granted I don't throw any FR, and all of mine have been made in the last 1-1.5 years.

Latest posts