• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Axis

I think the main reason these FRs are not going that far for people is because they are max weight. I can throw a 160s Ion just about as far as my 179 & 180 Axes if height is not issue and especially if there is favorable wind. I see the heavy Axes kind of drop in the last part of the flight for me, and when I get some a few grams lighter I can see them holding in the air a lot longer at the end of the flight. The heavy Axes are incredibly easy to range though.

The reason I was throwing Ions farther than the Axis is because the Ion could handle a little more anny. And yes, is was max D without height considerations. The Axis is certainly better for low ceilings.

anybody got a pic of a pink axis.. i'm thinking i want a pink one.

there's only the (so far) regular color runs... Neon Green, Neon Yellow, Neon Orange, and that Red color they have which almost looks like cranberry.

Just ordered myself a S and M Ion, Vector, and Axis. Once they all come in they will be auditioning themselves for spots in the bag. I am a Wizard guy, like Mike C used to be, and this is the first time I think there's a fair chance something may make a run at their spot. I also am a Buzzz guy. With Discpeed's description I think they may not replace the Buzzz, as much as they'll be the mid equivalent, where the Buzzz is used as a fairway driver for me. I've struggled a lot at true mid distances, and Im hoping this helps out.

Is it a lg. diameter like a buzzz?

Yes, it is the same diameter as the Roc and Buzzz.. Also, when I look at the Axis I see a bead. It's not anywhere near what the Vector has, but the bottom of the core is rounded and sticks out in a more beadlike fashion than the bottom of a Buzzz. It also flies like a beaded disc. However, in the hand it does not feel like a beaded disc.

@ Discspeed: Sorta like that tiny bead found on a Voodoo? So as that bead wears in, it may get slightly faster and loose some fade, sorta like a Roc does?

@gcrussell: I'm a Buzzz/Voodoo thrower and like my Buzzzs because they almost cover fairway driver shots as well. I plan to audition the same MVP trio, we'll have to compare notes. I like the Voodoo for true putting and driving when they are brand new, but they beat in and loose some stability a little too fast.

Last edited:
Here's some edge profile pictures

h3B8f.jpg

PN8m5.jpg

4EvPF.jpg

2bfRr.jpg

6lAGr.jpg

Great pics, thanks! I just found them. Quoting to move further along in the thread.

The Axis is really looking like a Roc/Buzzz hybrid...the wing radius is in between the two, with a small bead. If I'm interepretting Discspeed correctly, that's how it seems to fly, a faster mid with high levels of control.

Latest posts