• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Axis

get to throw mine in a few minutes:D ive been fondling it since i got it in the mail yesterday lol

is it bad im already anticipating dropping the buzzz?:rolleyes:

Ran into a local pro in Clearwater, FL (Taylor Park) who was testing the Axis and was blown away that he let me toss a few holes with him. I loved the disc! Up to 325 (for me) and 350 (for him) the disc went straight as an arrow and landed flat. I found that throwing it flat, it flew and landed flat. On hyzer, it faded well and held the curve. On anyhzer, it turned and held the turn. I had trouble flipping it from hyzer to flat, but felt that there was really no need, for it didn't seem to turn over on its own.

I ordered two today...

Hope that helps...

Ran into a local pro in Clearwater, FL (Taylor Park) who was testing the Axis and was blown away that he let me toss a few holes with him. I loved the disc! Up to 325 (for me) and 350 (for him) the disc went straight as an arrow and landed flat. I found that throwing it flat, it flew and landed flat. On hyzer, it faded well and held the curve. On anyhzer, it turned and held the turn. I had trouble flipping it from hyzer to flat, but felt that there was really no need, for it didn't seem to turn over on its own.

I ordered two today...

Hope that helps...

Discspeed?

Ordered mine today and can't wait to get it. I just really really hope it's here by the weekend so everyone at the Ohio DGCR Meet can try it out. Damn I should have ordered two.

I ordered two today...

Hope that helps...

Discspeed?

Yep...He saw me throw the Axis and came over a bit confused as he thought it was a Vector that I was throwing like that. I was loving the Axis, but I always like to see how a disc works for others when I'm testing them. It was great to have someone to share my enthusiasm with!

Yep...He saw me throw the Axis and came over a bit confused as he thought it was a Vector that I was throwing like that. I was loving the Axis, but I always like to see how a disc works for others when I'm testing them. It was great to have someone to share my enthusiasm with!

LOL!!! I thought this was you! I'm in your debt bro, you opened my eyes with the Axis. I ordered 2 and anxious to get my own! (Tried to talk him out of oen of his; he didn't budge :))

Kiss that beautiful daughter of yours for me and keep chucking! I'll catch you net time I'm in town. Nice to meet you bro!

Jeremiah

LOL!!! I thought this was you! I'm in your debt bro, you opened my eyes with the Axis. I ordered 2 and anxious to get my own! (Tried to talk him out of oen of his; he didn't budge :))

Kiss that beautiful daughter of yours for me and keep chucking! I'll catch you net time I'm in town. Nice to meet you bro!

Jeremiah

Yeah...I don't usually introduce myself as Discspeed.:D It was good playing a few holes with you. PM me next time you come to town and maybe we can get a round in. Enjoy the Axis!

Up until recently my whole internet reputation was staked on the Buzzz...I argued it's virtues with Blake and DGR to death, got titled "resident Buzzz expert", and even co-wrote an article with Timko for the Disc Golf Magazine talking about how the Buzzz was the most groundbreaking and influential discs of the past decade. I've thrown Buzzzes since the first runs came out up until recently...But somehow I knew after I really got into Ions that when MVP made an overmolded gyro neutral mid that it would potentially be better than my Buzzz.

This has me thinking, but still have a few questions. Is this summary based off of premium plastic buzzzes, or is this considering pro D and x? because I feel that the premo's totally need almost fairway driver speed to work, and will fade out way too early if you're not throwing them on the 250-300' lines. However, the Pro D's are MONEY shorter than that, especially with any kind of seasoning.

I'm curious as to how far you can power down the axis before you start to see the fade kick in; what's the difference in distance that you can throw your true "mid" shot as you say with the axis where the buzzz would need more power? just curious, not judging, and totally open for feedback. Thanks!

The Axis does better than the Buzz does when it comes to powering down. I've used mine on 150-250' approaches with a lot of success.

This has me thinking, but still have a few questions. Is this summary based off of premium plastic buzzzes, or is this considering pro D and x? because I feel that the premo's totally need almost fairway driver speed to work, and will fade out way too early if you're not throwing them on the 250-300' lines. However, the Pro D's are MONEY shorter than that, especially with any kind of seasoning.

I'm curious as to how far you can power down the axis before you start to see the fade kick in; what's the difference in distance that you can throw your true "mid" shot as you say with the axis where the buzzz would need more power? just curious, not judging, and totally open for feedback. Thanks!

This is based off premium Buzzzes. IMO, pro D is not a viable option in anything other than putters. I've messed with pro D Buzzzes, and I just can't stand my disc feeling like a dog got ahold of it mid round after it hits a couple of trees...The plastic just tears off in chunks. They glide a bit better at low speeds for sure, but they are still super flat and suck at anything but straight shots (compared to other mids). For some reason X Buzzzes mold up less consistently than premium Buzzzes as some are quite domey, some are flat, and most are in between. I've messed with them as well. They are slower and better for lower shots, but they just didn't glide for me like I thought they should. Not only that, but they didn't take power well. I don't like carrying mids in a bunch of different plastics as I prefer a consistency of feel. They still suffer from the same problems on hyzers/annies that other Buzzzes do.

I agree with Mike C. that you can power down the Axis to about 150'...And these are max weight. I'm betting that when we get some lighter ones they will power down even better.

*taps foot waiting impatiently for lighter Axis*

Damned it max weight people! Get out there and buy all these up so some lighter ones can hit stores!

*taps foot waiting impatiently for lighter Axis*

Damned it max weight people! Get out there and buy all these up so some lighter ones can hit stores!

That is the only reason why I am holding off on ordering. The Disc sounds great I just want something lighter.

I threw the Axis for the first time yesterday. It was more stable than I originally thought. If you give it some good snap it will hold any line that you release it on, even into the wind. I'm sure that once the disc breaks in a bit it will turn into that wonderful understable mid.

i thought it was going to to a little more stable

It was more stable than I originally thought.

This is funny...It is really hard to understand just how neutral a disc can be before you've tossed the Axis. Most "straight" discs either turn for power players or fade for those with less power. Not this one...The angle that it leaves your hand on is how it will fly...From 150' to 400', and these are the MAX weight discs.

Discspeed, do you think that the axis is going to end up like that ion in a sense that lighter weights won't actually make it more understable, just lighter? I tried EXTREMELY hard to get my axis to flip but it would have none of that nonsense.

This is funny...It is really hard to understand just how neutral a disc can be before you've tossed the Axis. Most "straight" discs either turn for power players or fade for those with less power. Not this one...The angle that it leaves your hand on is how it will fly...From 150' to 400', and these are the MAX weight discs.

I threw my buddy's Axis which was max weight.....I don't throw very far..Max D is around 380'....my buddy who consitently throws at 400+ threw the Axis for the first time yesterday.....the first three throws he even said that it was a bit more stable than he was led to believe....I think it's a great disc :thmbup: and can't wait for a lighter Axis to come out...around 170 to 173g.. I was putting what I consider snap on the disc and it did go where I released it.....I got it out to about 345' to 350' on a golf line....now my buddy was crushing it once he got used to it....but then again he can get his Vector out to about 385+ on a clean rip!! :hfive:

Latest posts