• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Axis

My new run blank 177 Axis is a bit of a different animal from the others I have...It is much more Buzzz-like as it feels flat and lower shouldered than the FRs. I'm loving it, throwing it hard on whatever angle I want it to fly. It is feeling a whole lot like my 2FR Buzzzes were when new. It seems a little faster than my other Axis as well. Today I parked a 340' tunnel hole by throwing it high and turned over, which it held very gradually and then faded gradually. I threw it pretty hard and there was no high speed turn, it just held the slight angle I gave it. This is exactly how I used to do it with my Buzzzes, but until today I'd never gotten an Axis quite on that line. I noticed most of the new runs we just got at CDGS feel like this. I think I'm going to be trading in some of my backup FRs in favor of these newer ones.

I bought my Axis yesterday and threw it 10-15 times.. It's good. I can't see it replacing my Buzzz because of Grip.. I need to try it more once the snow is gone.. Axis vs. Vector competition is growing to be my 2nd night disc.. I have an Ion and am only looking to carry 2 discs.

So i got 2 first runs and I really like them more than the 2 newer runs that I have. I seem to be able to get the same lines that I was getting with my Buzzz.

Just got an Axis and I'm pretty impressed. I'm going to get a vector soon to try it as well. I hope that if I put both MVP mids in my bag, I will still need my rocs. Ive spent so much time getting the rocs I want.

I have been throwing rocs for a very long time, but picked up a vector a while back because, why not, right?
I will say this, the vector flies like a freshly stable roc but better. Which is why I took it out of the bag, I want to put it back in the bag, but i still have a stack of rocs at the house.

Ok, I now have 3 axis. A FR orange, FR green, and a 179g green eclipse. They are all different. I have also thrown a FR pink and it was different than all the rest. I have posted about my FRs before, but here they are again.

FR Domey Pink (I threw this when it was new)-a hint of turn at high speeds and had a decent amount of fade as it slowed.
FR Flat Green-a hint of turn at high speeds like the pink, and no fade at all. As it is getting beat, it is getting just a bit more turn.
FR Orange-no turn at high speeds, and a decent fade as it slows. Get the nose up and it will stall and fade pretty hard.
Eclipse Green-really understable, almost gl fuse like. It flies the furthest because it can be hyzer-flipped the most. I was really surprised at how much it turned the first time I threw it. I am glad I had my FRs with me to be sure that it wasn't me and that the disc was really that understable.

Having all of these be different makes me wonder how the production protons fly.

So I got a vector a few weeks ago and was super impressed. I was skeptical at first because of how much I loved my wasp. I know this is an axis thread... And I just wanna know why I should pick one up. I have 3 buzzes that are seasoned to be right where I want them at the moment. What is an axis really good at? Especially compared to a year-old Buzzz that I love like it was my child. (basically this is me really wanting to try an axis but just looking for some outside influence to help ease the buyers anxiety.) thanks in advance!

I hate to be the bearer of good/bad news but in my case the Axis was an immediate replacement for my beat and new buzzzes (of which I kept 4 in my bag at any given time). After a week or two I wasn't pulling the Buzzzes out to throw at all and eventually I made the heartbreaking decision to shelve them for a long time.

Axis flies just like a Buzzz. But until they make some opaques, I will keep throwing Buzzz.

I hate to be the bearer of good/bad news but in my case the Axis was an immediate replacement for my beat and new buzzzes (of which I kept 4 in my bag at any given time). After a week or two I wasn't pulling the Buzzzes out to throw at all and eventually I made the heartbreaking decision to shelve them for a long time.

This^ almost exactly. The only difference is that I had 3 instead of 4 buzzzes in my bag at any one time. My mid lineup is Vector, FR Orange Axis, FR Green Axis, fuse. My new understable eclipse may or may not take the place of my fuse.

This^ almost exactly. The only difference is that I had 3 instead of 4 buzzzes in my bag at any one time. My mid lineup is Vector, FR Orange Axis, FR Green Axis, fuse. My new understable eclipse may or may not take the place of my fuse.

You carry close to what I do....or used to. Nebula, FR Orange Axis, FR Green Axis and an Opto Fuse. Neb got switched out for a GL Pain and both Axis got a rest while I tested out others. may put them back in soon.

When I first decided to try a vector it was after I had experience with an ion and didn't like it. The plastic was too slick for me and for shots that require touch and feel like obviously putting and approaching I couldn't get past it. But for midranges I felt like it would be different and I was right, I don't mind it. I like it actually. And plastic was my only reason for not trying one sooner. So I'm thinking I don't really have a choice at this point. Probably should get one ordered or try to pick one up on a trade. Thanks guys!

I got a FR green axis in the PIF thread and I am in love. Almost no turn and no fade. Even when I release with too much hyzer, it still goes dead strait and doesn't fade. Amazing disc.