• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Axis

Does anyone have an Axis and Servo and can tell me how different the shape is?
I once had a Servo (lost it sadly) and I am thinking of buying a Servo again or an Axis. These discs would be my Sidearm Short-Range Discs. I tried the Theory for Sidearm, but was struggling with the depth of the disc. The Servo was thinner and I could grip it better with FH than the Theory.

But the Axis seems to fit the flight numbers I am searching for better. Sadly I have no shop here in Germany where I can go to and just grab both discs. So if anyone can lighten me up on that matter....would be cool. ;)

Does anyone have an Axis and Servo and can tell me how different the shape is?
I once had a Servo (lost it sadly) and I am thinking of buying a Servo again or an Axis. These discs would be my Sidearm Short-Range Discs. I tried the Theory for Sidearm, but was struggling with the depth of the disc. The Servo was thinner and I could grip it better with FH than the Theory.

But the Axis seems to fit the flight numbers I am searching for better. Sadly I have no shop here in Germany where I can go to and just grab both discs. So if anyone can lighten me up on that matter....would be cool. ;)

They're quite different in shape and flight. The Servo is a fairway driver that's around a speed 7 in Innovas #'s. It has just a hair of turn and a reliable fade. The Axis is a straight flying midrange with no turn and minimal fade.

Now I too am curious which is the freak. I was assuming it was the blue one but I don't have enough experience with the Axis to know.

If you want I can take some photos when I get home. I have FR Axis, FR Vector, Neutron and Eclipse unthrown Axis, and unthrown eclipse Vectors.

If you want I can take some photos when I get home. I have FR Axis, FR Vector, Neutron and Eclipse unthrown Axis, and unthrown eclipse Vectors.

Thanks. If you get around to it, that would be much appreciated. :thmbup: If not, no worries at all.

First run proton vs throwback neutron [2015]

1454950240229.jpg

I haz no morez axiiii.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1454950153108.jpg
    1454950153108.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
yo aim... if you ever want to come off that grey throwback let me know. Mines getting a little flippy now :D

I'll be heading in to gggt on Wednesday or Thursday for a plastic touching fest. I'll take some profile pics of the axis and try to find some freaks.

Ya'll bumping this thread made me take the Axis out to the field for a spin tonight. It's going back in the bag for my round tomorrow.

Haven't thrown it in foreeeeeever but I don't remember it being this fadeless. Or maybe I got better. Probably not.

I'd love to see a firm Electron Axis for seasoning, or a legit understable mold out of this class. Long ways off I am sure, but I can dream. Warrant will be the US complement in the meantime.

Thanks Aim. I think that blue Proton of mine is FR. They have a similar overmold. Not so sharp and steep. Also wider. Unless all protons are like that, regardless of run?

^ if the Proton Axis is a first run it will say first run on the stamp

I honestly have no idea. That blue one does look like the FR (would be stamped right under the name if it was a real FR but I don't think blue was a color) I posted and white more like the newer run throwback stamp. it has the softer neutron plastic too with the swirly grey core. Wouldn't surprise me at all if MVP tightened up the mold/process some how like with volts/shocks/ions etc and FR's style wings like that are a thing of the past.

Might do the same as Koda and peep out GGGT. wanted to go down there anyway.

DISC NERD DATE!!!

welp, i didn't take pics. but i will say this.

i looked at every axis in the store, proton and neutron. there was nothing anywhere CLOSE to a difference like what was in your pic, mike.

sounds like you got a real freak, but i don't know which one. probably the proton.

Last edited:
i didn't. :( was too busy comparing everything else.

however, i'm pretty sure it's impossible for mike to have gotten a vector if it says axis on the OM.

they share the same core, right? and the raised lettering is part of the mold used to create the OM itself, correct? which means a vector with an axis stamp on the OM is just an axis. correct me if i'm wrong, please.

it seems there's been a trend of MPV's first releases sometimes flying with more HST than later iterations. the volt, the shock, (was there the amp too?), the ion and now maybe the axis? i dunno. correct me if my history is wrong here too.

obviously the vector FR were notorious for being beefy.

Last edited:
Yeah no way its a mixup regardless of the core stamp overmold will always be the "mold" ... I was just curious about current flatness of runs. I like domey vectors hope they are not getting rare.

Thank you Kodachrome. I guess the world will never know, for sure, which was off. Maybe the White is just a beefier older run?

Thank you Kodachrome. I guess the world will never know, for sure, which was off. Maybe the White is just a beefier older run?

I'm pretty perplexed by that. I looked at all my Axes and none, even the 1st run, looked remotely like a Vector. :confused:

Latest posts