• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm all 5 of my SE Teslas and my Skulboy Tesla were perfectly fine. I got two from AFTC, one from Community Discs, and two from my local shop. Here's a question; Do you think the lighter ones will be just as collectable? My local ship still had 6 or 7 of em in the high 150s and low 160s when I last checked and they only charge $18 for club members.... Might be worth investing in...

10259720_718257188231159_1698651557399237014_n.jpg

Found this sweet pic on MVP's FB page. Not sure if this member posts here, but that is a sweet collection.

That's me :)

I would assume it's because they are producing more discs now then ever? Probably have to turn out a lot of volume, and I think MVP is still a pretty small operation.

X-Outs, anyone?

I saw the same thing on my SE Tesla from Disc 'N Dat from KY (feebay purchase). The disc was nicely packaged, but the disc has a sizable gouge on the flight plate with several drop out in the stamp that are clearly factory. Really sucks...

Does that mean that this thing has more value now as a thrower rather than a collector?

Disc Golf - I apologize for not catching this before I shipped it to you. I hope I've helped ease the inconvenience and pain of receiving a disc not as it should be.

Now all of you who have misprints can be "those guys" throwing the SE Teslas out on the course, and watching the disc hoarders freak out haha

Well the stamp itself is halfway OB in terms of technical thresholds, which is crucial to how it looks and the concept. I can simulate stamping issues during design and I minimized all the ugly undesirable effects, but there are areas where if it drops, it still follows the contours and looks like lighting (like, no missing eyeball drops). I've been studying all these mail calls, plus the few dozen I've seen in person, and all is as expected for a crazy-balls stamping adventure. There are some spots that seem to bridge, and a quick fingernail rub will dislodge it.

I saw the same thing on my SE Tesla from Disc 'N Dat from KY (feebay purchase). The disc was nicely packaged, but the disc has a sizable gouge on the flight plate with several drop out in the stamp that are clearly factory. Really sucks...

Does that mean that this thing has more value now as a thrower rather than a collector?

The SE's fly very nice, and are easy to spot with the white rims compared to solid black drivers.

Well the stamp itself is halfway OB in terms of technical thresholds, which is crucial to how it looks and the concept. I can simulate stamping issues during design and I minimized all the ugly undesirable effects, but there are areas where if it drops, it still follows the contours and looks like lighting (like, no missing eyeball drops). I've been studying all these mail calls, plus the few dozen I've seen in person, and all is as expected for a crazy-balls stamping adventure. There are some spots that seem to bridge, and a quick fingernail rub will dislodge it.

my problem was more in the finish of the black neutron not with the stamp at all.

the top half of the word "Driver" is gone on all 3 of my 175 gram tesla teslas. i dont mind but since zam is researching i figured id mention it.

I noticed the finish problems as well. Light, uniform stuffing. It looks like polishing marks on the mold itself; like someone used a bench grinder/steel brush to do the finish work. I've seen it on other molds and colors, but it really sticks out on the glossy black.

I'm pretty new to Disc Golf. I can drive it around 280 feet. Is there a must have MVP disc that suits my power? I have already ordered an Amp.
I was also thinking about getting an Ion for putting.

Amp should be right in your wheel house. Inertia as well from what I have read. Also check out the axis or target mids and envy putter. The speed 7ish fairways are also getting great reviews.

you may want to try a switch. At your power range it should fly dead straight with maybe a little fade on the end. If you want something with a little more fade to go with your amp try the crave or servo.

Amp should be right in your wheel house. Inertia as well from what I have read. Also check out the axis or target mids and envy putter. The speed 7ish fairways are also getting great reviews.
I just got a resistor a couple weeks ago. I am loving this disc. It is so resistant to turn, but doesn't have that knife edged comeback you might see from a firebird, max, etc. Has plenty of fade, even into headwinds, but glides very well for a disc so overstable.

I'm pretty new to Disc Golf. I can drive it around 280 feet. Is there a must have MVP disc that suits my power? I have already ordered an Amp.

The Crave.

It's a very versatile fairway/control driver. For your power it should behave very nicely. You should be able to get good distance with it and use it for a lot of different lines. It is also good for forehands as well.

The Crave is one of those discs I would choose if I had to play a round with only one disc.

If you want a putter, you really need to try them out and pick which one feels the best for you. Putting is all about personal preference. I know a lot of people are really digging the Axiom Discs Envy right now, but the Anode and Ion are very good also. The Envy has a bit shallower rim while the Anode and Ion are a little deep.

You've done well, my friend. The Amp should be a very straight driver for you at 280'. And the Ion is one of the best putters in disc golf. (IMO, it is THE best)

Putters are more personal though, like was mentioned. If you like a shallower feel, the Envy may be for you. If you like a beadless feel, the Anode is an excellent straight putter.

You've done well, my friend. The Amp should be a very straight driver for you at 280'. And the Ion is one of the best putters in disc golf. (IMO, it is THE best)

Putters are more personal though, like was mentioned. If you like a shallower feel, the Envy may be for you. If you like a beadless feel, the Anode is an excellent straight putter.

Got a Crave, Envy and an Axis today. Probably would of got an Ion but they didn't have any in stock

Got a Crave, Envy and an Axis today. Probably would of got an Ion but they didn't have any in stock

All of these are very versatile. You really don't need too much else in an MVP bag. The only thing you might want to pick up later is a Resistor for windy situations/hyzer shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.