• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm gonna need those firm Electron Ions asap. So MVP if you could get that done quickly that'd be great, yeah. /Lumberg

If Axiom makes a Circuit style fairway driver in base plastic and offers it in other plastics (to fill out the stability spectrum) and it flies like a Gazelle or a seasoned Eagle X, then I would would definitely consider switching my fairways.

As it stands, nothing has taken over my Eagle X's responsibilities. In various stages of wear and different plastics, I can cover every shot. The EX is sneaky long when it is seasoned and encroaches on speed nine distances.

As far as Axiom is concerned, I've tried the Crave and didn't click with it. It didn't beat the EX in any categories that I was looking at. I do think, however, having the Circuit fairway driver made in a smaller rim-width (technically, being the same as the EX) and being made in base plastic would increase the chances of distance and control: base plastic is better for distance and smaller rims are better for control.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing what Axiom comes out with.

Here is what I want from MVP/Axiom in 2016:

A gator clone - overstable and no glide
Electron Anode
Proton Motion
Proton Resistor
Axiom's disc between a Photon and a Wave
Some experimental, gritty and firm baseline plastic
More molds in baseline plastic (Volt, vector and others)
Soft Neutron Volt (Im a Volt Fanboy - I want it in every platic)
Domey Photons
More MVP shirts and gear
MVP factory store :)

That is an excellent list

If Axiom makes a Circuit style fairway driver in base plastic and offers it in other plastics (to fill out the stability spectrum) and it flies like a Gazelle or a seasoned Eagle X, then I would would definitely consider switching my fairways.

As it stands, nothing has taken over my Eagle X's responsibilities. In various stages of wear and different plastics, I can cover every shot. The EX is sneaky long when it is seasoned and encroaches on speed nine distances.

As far as Axiom is concerned, I've tried the Crave and didn't click with it. It didn't beat the EX in any categories that I was looking at. I do think, however, having the Circuit fairway driver made in a smaller rim-width (technically, being the same as the EX) and being made in base plastic would increase the chances of distance and control: base plastic is better for distance and smaller rims are better for control.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing what Axiom comes out with.
Craves a good disc. But I wouldn't compare it to a eagle-x by any means. You may just need to re-think of the disc differently for it to make sense or compare to a certain shot/shape in your lineup.

This is dangerous.

Firm electron anode + soft proton anode could probably boot my Polecats, maaaaaybe kick out my kc aviars for putting, but doubtful.

I could see the same happening if they release the envy in firm electron for cycling ala rocs easily. Would never putt with one though.

Firm electron gazelle-like driver + premium gazelle-like driver would boot my gazelles for sure.

Or if they release the vector in firm electron I'd be willing to go back to a traditional putter/mid/speed 7/speed 9/10 setup again.

I'm sure a lot of this is a long way off, but I could definitely see mvp getting most of my slots again.

From the video:

Electron Ion
Backpack bag
2016 circuit
3 black hole baskets
21.5mm Axiom
23mm MVP
Plasma Axiom
Watermelon Theory
Overstable Mid
Understable Putter
Electron Firm
More Fission, Electron, Plasma, Proton, Eclipse, Hive stuff, custom stamps, art stamps, media, retail display gear, improved dealer pricing and service

Plus developments, improvements and surprises

The only thing missing for me would be the Volt class of discs from Axiom. I honestly think that class from Axiom could produce the exact copy of a Valkyrie I want from them. Other than that I am extremely stoked for these new releases. Especially the Axiom disc between Photon and Wave and the Axiom disc between Wave and Orbital. Can't imagine what a more Understable orbital is going to look like though. Thing will probably just barrel roll down the fairway.

This is spectacular. I'm gonna look for a second job, just so I can afford more things to throw in/at/around trees and bodies of water. What is the deal with sponsorships and MVP?

Will the US putter be Ion core, Proxy core or new core? Personally I'd prefer one feom the Ion/anode family.

Will the US putter be Ion core, Proxy core or new core? Personally I'd prefer one feom the Ion/anode family.

I joked about a mini theory wing with anode/ion core and got one of those weird zam half confirming posts. Id guess with the popularity of the envy/proxy/atom its that kind of core..but im one your side. I assume it will be possible to beat up an electron ion though no problem for some fun ion shots not available b4.

http://mvpdiscsports.com/media/team-mvp/

Here is info, and the application for a sponsorship.

Aside from those listed here, Scott Stokely is enjoying a "nonsorship," as Zam put it. I suppose that might develop into something more in the future.
Thanks. I was wondering if anyone had any inside info, I guess. Like, why so few? And, what is it they are looking for when it comes to backing someone?

Thanks. I was wondering if anyone had any inside info, I guess. Like, why so few? And, what is it they are looking for when it comes to backing someone?

Weird geographic locations

Do you live in a condominium on the moon?

Status
Not open for further replies.