• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That rating is from disc golf center. I guess I need to reassess using that site for all my flight ratings.

Lulz. Just saw that. Yea, not so much. They have the Relay at a -2, and Inspire at -4.

Relay is much more US.

That rating is from disc golf center. I guess I need to reassess using that site for all my flight ratings.

It would be good to look around at other ratings, such as Infinite Discs. But I've noticed that MVP discs tend to be "mis-rated" on several sites (including Marshall before they took MVP/Axiom off their flight guide). I've found that a number of MVP discs don't match their flight numbers, especially with regard to turn and fade, but also speed and glide at times

This happens with other companies' molds, as well. That's why forums like this are important, so we can read actual user experiences instead of just trusting the ratings numbers...

4 real. Only molds like old kings pissed me off where they SAID heres a fast os driver but made a flippy turd. Still was useful but....wtf?!

Flight ratings are like par.

4 real. Only discs i really were upset with were molds like old kings where they SAID heres a fast os driver but made a flippy turd. Still was useful but....wtf?!

Flight ratings are like par.

I feel like Trilogy closes their eyes, throws a dart and whatever it lands on is the numbers for a given disc lol.

Best flight ratings are MVP's own flight charts. Figure out where you are at in the power band and they are just about perfect.

Also....

Electron Anodes

I can throw the switch just as far as insanity/inertial all easily capable of 350' and not on high distance lines or anything crazy just slight hyzer flip.

You guys realllllllllly should discuss some of this good stuff in the actual disc threads.

Exactly what I was doing with Switches at a field when I first got them, yeah hyzer-flip lasers on a fairly low line, glide was there and distance surprised me. Switch seems to like power, so backing off on approach isn't its strong suit, IMO. Still straight, but the extra gear doesn't kick in.

Last edited:
I've said it before, but I think the reason people don't like the Inspire is because of the made up flight charts and the expectations they left. Aim's 7 5 -1 1 description really is very close to my experience with it, and that is a great flight path if you know what you're getting into. I've found it to be extremely valuable on longish tunnels where my Crave would skip off too much to the left. Knowing its stability, it also makes a great negative bend that won't turn into a roller on me due to my pathetic forehand.

That's nuts

Those things need so much room to work. Discs fly different over there I guess.

I love my Kings, they bomb, but those flight ratings are a joke.

I'd give it 13 5 -2 3 just slightly more OS than a Katana.

EnvyOS=Sloth:popcorn:

tumblr_m1o2hbEFut1rsciymo1_1280.jpg

I would get someone to dye this on one.

So, lots of new announcements on Facebook today. New basket, 23mm MVP, 21.5 Axiom, and what I've been wanting all year, Plasma Axiom.

I thought these were pretty good comparison vids. Several more nice mvp videos on this channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.