• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been tempted to do so but I'm afraid that it isn't going to do anything better than my EX. That and I think it will be shorter the the EX.

The reason I ask is that I have thrown both. I personally like flat top discs. Trying to find a flat top ex in the weight I want consistently is like trying to find a certain needle in a stack of needles. For me at same weight, the clash is as long as if not longer than an ex. Now, if you like ex's then by all means stick with them, but, you might want to at least try the clash.

I thought these were pretty good comparison vids. Several more nice mvp videos on this channel.

Thanks for posting these. Has answered a question I have had in my head. I was toying with pulling the tensor for the vector, but will not be. Tensor, Axis, Theory ftw.

Looks like thrower in video put a little anny on Tangent, and wound up with Theory flight. Tangent shouldn't be tracking right that much, if at all. Anybody else notice this?

Looks like thrower in video put a little anny on Tangent, and wound up with Theory flight. Tangent shouldn't be tracking right that much, if at all. Anybody else notice this?
If I follow through with my Tangent in even the slightest anyhyzer, it will track right really nicely without fighting back. Exactly why its in my bag.

I don't use it for powered down shots at all. It fades too much. Dead straight ~250 or controlled anhyzer.

Yeah agree with the any on the tangent.

What's the deal with the tensor? Never seen one, crazy profile and looks beefy. I'm interested

Yeah agree with the any on the tangent.

What's the deal with the tensor? Never seen one, crazy profile and looks beefy. I'm interested
I LOVE the Tensor. Been using it a ton lately in the woods. Definitely stable, but not over stable. So reliable for hyzer approaches outside of putter range. Gives a beautiful shallow flex shot as well.

That video makes it almost look like it has a small amount of positive high speed stability and solid fade. But could be the throw I suppose, can't really see the release, I'd probably take the consensus' word for it.

Real unique looking mold shape. Doesn't look like its compare to anything out there as far as rim. I like that. I'm gonna try and hit a shop and maybe see one.

If I follow through with my Tangent in even the slightest anyhyzer, it will track right really nicely without fighting back. Exactly why its in my bag.

I don't use it for powered down shots at all. It fades too much. Dead straight ~250 or controlled anhyzer.

Right, and what I was saying actually. If that same 250ish throw on video was released flat, Tangent would have been straight the whole way, not tracking right. Tangent will go on whatever angle you put it on. I'm not seeing the fade on powered down shots you mention, though.

No one is a robot.. Id say it looked like a tangent when powered up pretty hard maybe little US.

Also vector was much higher and flutters (big bead problem) making it appear less OS. Tensor/axis are much more forvivng to just throw and let fly.

That video makes it almost look like it has a small amount of positive high speed stability and solid fade. But could be the throw I suppose, can't really see the release, I'd probably take the consensus' word for it.

Real unique looking mold shape. Doesn't look like its compare to anything out there as far as rim. I like that. I'm gonna try and hit a shop and maybe see one.

Tensor? Reliable fade, but it's gradual, this is no meathook. It also has good glide, which I didn't really expect.

No one is a robot.. Id say it looked like a tangent when powered up pretty hard maybe little US.

Also vector was much higher and flutters (big bead problem) making it appear less OS. Tensor/axis are much more forvivng to just throw and let fly.

THAT was powered up? And not seeing that anny release, AIM? Looks like he threw the other 3 flat...and they flew exactly how they should.

Lol...All im saying is thats how it looks when i throw one powered up and rip it. There is a video of me from few years ago where it looks pretty similar. If i threw the tangent on a anny its going to look like a OS disc thrown FH.

Lol...All im saying is thats how it looks when i throw one powered up and rip it. There is a video of me from few years ago where it looks pretty similar. If i threw the tangent on a anny its going to look like a OS disc thrown FH.

Ok, I get u. He definitely torqued over the Tangent a little though. Watch it again, and this time put your glasses on. :p

The reason I ask is that I have thrown both. I personally like flat top discs. Trying to find a flat top ex in the weight I want consistently is like trying to find a certain needle in a stack of needles. For me at same weight, the clash is as long as if not longer than an ex. Now, if you like ex's then by all means stick with them, but, you might want to at least try the clash.

I am not too picky between flat or domey discs, unless they are extremely domey. The reason that I am waiting and wanting to try the Axiom Circuit disc is that the rim-width should be the same as the Eagle (assuming that it is same to the Relay's width). For various reasons, I prefer that category for my fairway duties.

Tensor doesn't get much love but it is a very unique and workable disc. It's works well for me on FH approach shots and shots where I need to count on a fade at the end and won't glide way past the basket

Tensor doesn't get much love but it is a very unique and workable disc. It's works well for me on FH approach shots and shots where I need to count on a fade at the end and won't glide way past the basket

I agree, except substitute "hate" for "doesn't get much love", lol. If you want a slower, fade mid that has excellent HSS, it fills that role.

When does MVP usually announce the releases for the month? I am eagerly anticipating the arrival of the Electron Ion.

I wonder if they will release the Electron Ion in all three blends at once.

2ND or 3Rd week of the month releases announced and on the shelves for last Friday of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.