• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished the Circuit. I only played half the event. I was getting a headache and thought it might be the onset of heatstroke. Anyway, I am surprised how much I liked the Signal. I was expecting less stability than it has. It's definitely US, but it hyzerflipped well with just a gentle right turn for most of its flight. I also threw it on a great roller shot that gave me a look at eagle.

The Spin was good. Reminded me of a Theory in putter form. Maybe a little more stable. I putted pretty well with it considering I use Proxies and Envies for putts. I had some great drives with it on some shorter holes as well.

The Matrix was the one that I expected to like and use most. From people saying it was mostly straight, I picked up a domey 178 one to get a little more stability out of it. I wish I had grabbed a lighter, flatter one. It reminded me of my 177 Verdict, which I love, but it wasn't quite getting the same distance. I couldn't dial it in all day. I think I will really like it in lighter weights though.

Tangent...got burned attempting a hyzer up over some trees to where basket is buried on a short <200' hole the other day. The Tangent didn't hold the hyzer and flipped to straight.

I do that same drive(hyzer) with the Proxy all the time. Powered up the Tangent is definitely less HSS. I should have known this with the Tangent...who are these jokers claiming Tangent has fade? lol

Tangent has fade. Just need to get the right ones.

Plenty of domey proton tangents that are surprisingly hss.

Yep. And those tangents have both.

My 2 white neutron are just dead neutral. Don't know if I could get them to fade if I wanted to. Totally flat, both < 170g...has to factor in. But then again, so are my 2 Protons at > 170g...also both totally flat though.

I KNOW the 2 Protons were very early runs, right at release. The 2 neutrons, no way to know, I bought them a year later...could have been floating around though.

I have no idea man. I just remember being surprised when I bought my tangents. I then paired my protons w/dome with neutrons that definitely were more neutral/understable. I haven't thrown or even looked at them in a long time though. The protons were a great one disc round candidate. I'd say the tangent is probably the best one disc round candidate ever.

I have no idea man. I just remember being surprised when I bought my tangents. I then paired my protons w/dome with neutrons that definitely were more neutral/understable. I haven't thrown or even looked at them in a long time though. The protons were a great one disc round candidate. I'd say the tangent is probably the best one disc round candidate ever.

Countless throws at fields and courses with the 2 white neutrons...fade they don't have, lol. Come to think of it though, I did have a slightly domey orange neutron very briefly(gave it to a pal), and that one did seem to have a little fade. At least I remember it being harder to keep dead straight, start to finish...when throwing right alongside the others. Well, I've got the "beloved" Tensor bagged right now, if I want fade. :\

Haven't bought MVP since Inertias/Teslas when they came out. Have spares of all my MVP discs from get-go. Only Axiom I own is Proxy(3). Switch is weird, Servo great.

I had a pretty good size disc order in the cart the other day but I ended up canceling out. It was full of discs that I already have multiples of, but in different plastics.

I decided I didn't really need them...and that I should wait for electron anodes to make that large order.

Haven't bought MVP since Inertias/Teslas when they came out. Have spares of all my MVP discs from get-go. Only Axiom I own is Proxy(3). Switch is weird, Servo great.
Switch is like a fairway Proxy for me, and Crave is like a fairway Envy. Haven't thrown a Servo but that is Crave-ish right?

I love my Proxies.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

OK, guys, please set me up with an all-Gyro bag.

First, some background:
-I'm a geezer (63) with some nagging shoulder issues
-because of that, I max out around 300 (maybe 325 on a great day)
-not surprisingly, given my limitations, I love discs with glide and tend toward US discs
-I tried MVP at one point, but didn't find the glide and US that I was looking for
-I really want to try it again IF I can make it work for me
-I went to a Circuit yesterday but didn't play due to some minor surgery this week (I got the discs, though)
-I am a disc minimalist (5-7 discs max)
-I throw almost entirely RHBH

What do you suggest?

Id say throw those three and see what you think. Can build around those circuit discs pretty easy with a faster driver and another mid/putter.

Do you like throwing fast stuff or slower speed molds? Do you prefer heavy or light weights?

Last edited:
Id say throw those three and see what you think. Can build around those circuit discs pretty easy with a faster driver and another mid/putter.

Do you like throwing fast stuff or slower speed molds? Do you prefer heavy or light weights?

Slower and light.

I rarely throw anything beyond fairway/control drivers (I'm looking for a geezer-friendly distance driver)

My preferred weight ranges:
-distance: 150s
-fairway: 160s
-mids/putters: 170s

TK, you pretty much have my arm, and I love glidey stuff as well. I'll just suggest my bag to you. :D

Aim is right about the Circuit discs. They were made for throwers like us. You are really going to enjoy the Signal, and Matrix. I haven't picked up a Spin yet, but I'm sure it is a great understable putter.

You will need a couple of drivers to complement the Signal. The Fission Volt would provide you with a workhorse driver, and it's easy throwing and straight flight should suit you well. And for overstable needs, I'd go with a lightweight Resistor. It has decent glide for a beefy disc, and powers down well for midrange work, too.

For maximum distance, I can't NOT suggest the Orbital. It is MVP's easiest disc to throw far, period. I only have a max weight one, so I don't know how a 150's would handle. It might be a bit squirrely. If you like hyzer flipping, this one is for you.

Let us know a little bit more on how you throw, and what you currently bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.