• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to post this in a new thread, but I figure this one is active enough so...

I have a 165g N Inspire that I use as my primary fairway driver. It does just about everything for me. I can put it on a hyzer and it will hold, I can throw it on a long anhyzer that it will hold to the ground, and I can throw it on a nice S curve when thrown flat to shape some lines on tight fairways. It's a bit too long for several of the tunnel shots on some of the courses around here, so I use an N Theory for those shots. The problem with the Theory is it needs some height for some of the holes and they have a low ceiling. So after playing in a Circuit event a few weeks ago, I found the Signal, when thrown on a pretty steep hyzer, worked pretty well as a straight hyzerflip disc on those holes. Problem is I let my wife try the Signal when she was having some problems with her 150 class Valk, and she likes it. So it's in her bag now.

Long set up for this question. How does the Relay compare to the Inspire and Theory? I don't really want a slightly shorter Inspire, I want a longer Theory. The Signal is a little more flippy and requires more touch, so I was thinking the Relay would probably work, but if it has the fade of the Inspire, I don't think it will work as well for the shots I want it for.

I know the Inspire doesn't get a lot of love on this board, but for those of you who have thrown all of the above discs, what are your thoughts?

I would put the relay between the inspire and the signal (though I only got a couple throws with a friend signal) so it should work.

Wonder if we can make a Proton Motion/Fireball happen? I'd throw that.

I was going to post this in a new thread, but I figure this one is active enough so...

I have a 165g N Inspire that I use as my primary fairway driver. It does just about everything for me. I can put it on a hyzer and it will hold, I can throw it on a long anhyzer that it will hold to the ground, and I can throw it on a nice S curve when thrown flat to shape some lines on tight fairways. It's a bit too long for several of the tunnel shots on some of the courses around here, so I use an N Theory for those shots. The problem with the Theory is it needs some height for some of the holes and they have a low ceiling. So after playing in a Circuit event a few weeks ago, I found the Signal, when thrown on a pretty steep hyzer, worked pretty well as a straight hyzerflip disc on those holes. Problem is I let my wife try the Signal when she was having some problems with her 150 class Valk, and she likes it. So it's in her bag now.

Long set up for this question. How does the Relay compare to the Inspire and Theory? I don't really want a slightly shorter Inspire, I want a longer Theory. The Signal is a little more flippy and requires more touch, so I was thinking the Relay would probably work, but if it has the fade of the Inspire, I don't think it will work as well for the shots I want it for.

I know the Inspire doesn't get a lot of love on this board, but for those of you who have thrown all of the above discs, what are your thoughts?

For starters, the Relay is a fantastic disc. i would say that it really is one of the best discs they have put out in a while. It is controllable with about most any shot -- it holds spike hyzers, hyzerflips easily, can hold a nice panning anny to to the ground, and if given enough height, can do a nice s-turn shot. On open fairways with enough room, this disc is sneaky long. I am not a power thrower but I have gotten 330-340 consistency with this disc. Each of my Relays are max weight at 174-175g.

So how does it compare to the Inspire. I use to bag three Inspires: a 154g, a 165g, and a 174g. While I loved the disc, I found that I could cover more shots with the Relay and then the Inertia. The Relay powers down beautifully and for me can act like a mid range disc. Given enough rotational power on the release, the Relay can go out as far as the Inspire for me. What I a wishing for now is an overstable disc in the same 16mm class. That would be just fine by me.

So how does it compare to the Inspire. I use to bag three Inspires: a 154g, a 165g, and a 174g. While I loved the disc, I found that I could cover more shots with the Relay and then the Inertia. The Relay powers down beautifully and for me can act like a mid range disc. Given enough rotational power on the release, the Relay can go out as far as the Inspire for me. What I a wishing for now is an overstable disc in the same 16mm class. That would be just fine by me.

This is what I wanted to hear. I am mainly looking for more of a typical midrange type shot for the Relay. The Inertia is my max D driver and the Crave and Inspire cover all my fairway shots.

Now the question is, which weight should I get?. I like 160's usually. DGC has a white 159g in stock. Haven't seen anything else close to that weight at most places. Will the lighter weight make it too close to the Signal? I could pay a little more at Infinite and get a 166.

This is what I wanted to hear. I am mainly looking for more of a typical midrange type shot for the Relay. The Inertia is my max D driver and the Crave and Inspire cover all my fairway shots.

Now the question is, which weight should I get?. I like 160's usually. DGC has a white 159g in stock. Haven't seen anything else close to that weight at most places. Will the lighter weight make it too close to the Signal? I could pay a little more at Infinite and get a 166.

I have not thrown anything that is not max weight. I normally thrown lighter discs but I fear that lighter ones will really turn. I have thrown the Signal and it is really flippy -- a good roller disc though.

I have not thrown anything that is not max weight. I normally thrown lighter discs but I fear that lighter ones will really turn. I have thrown the Signal and it is really flippy -- a good roller disc though.

People bash the Signal for being too understable...I love my Signal for rollers. Hit 500' with it the other day in an open field. I thought it got down with too much angle, but slowly flipped up and just didn't want to stop. Great release, imo.

People bash the Signal for being too understable...I love my Signal for rollers. Hit 500' with it the other day in an open field. I thought it got down with too much angle, but slowly flipped up and just didn't want to stop. Great release, imo.
I finally started throwing rollers because of the Signal as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

surprised there is not more love for the Tensor. I love this mold so predictable. My 168 tensor may be my most trusted disc.

I have the Tensor in and out of my bag, depending on courses. Good glide and slow predictable fade for an OS mid. Haters notwithstanding...:p

I couldn't live without the Tensor in my bag.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I love my two Tensors. Though, one is a mutant that flies like a slightly more LSS Proxy.

On another note, what are people's thoughts on the Inspire? I tried a 169g a while back and ended up getting rid of it. The Switch is slightly too straight for an understable slot. Should I try the Inspire again? or maybe try a Relay? I'm looking for an understable fairway around 350'.

One of my wife's fave fairway is the inspire. It's cool and flies good for her.

Depending on your experience, it may be understable for sure. The rim is too small for me, reminds me of a dd breakout.

I've yet to throw a relay or switch. But the inspires not a bad choice.

the relay is less stable then the inspire. so depending on what you didn't like about the inspire the relay maybe what you want.

The Inspire and Crave are my main fairways. The Inspire reminds me of a 7 speed Valkyrie, maybe even a touch more hss than the Valk. It's pretty similar to a beat Crave IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts