• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha also, anyone know if you dye an Axiom disc does the rim dye as well? I've dyed MVP but with the black rims I cannot tell if it takes the dye or not.

I'm (for fun) building an all MVP/Axiom bag and I see I'm mostly choosing MVP with a small handful of axiom and I wonder if I could dye the Axiom rims black , yunno to keep it consistent.

Ive done eclipse rims but color was lighter. I think white axiom rims have been done just cant find the picture right now.

Vector is big bead large diameter so it has that style of OS flight if you're familar with OS rocs (comet OS lol) etc which dont love oat but fly far as hell and very responsive to angles. I like the vector but dont use it a ton anymore. Slight dome are the $ OS ones.

Ive done eclipse rims but color was lighter. I think white axiom rims have been done just cant find the picture right now.

Vector is big bead large diameter so it has that style of OS flight if you're familar with OS rocs (comet OS lol) etc which dont love oat but fly far as hell and very responsive to angles. I like the vector but dont use it a ton anymore. Slight dome are the $ OS ones.

Vector being $$? Hahahahaha

Haha also, anyone know if you dye an Axiom disc does the rim dye as well? I've dyed MVP but with the black rims I cannot tell if it takes the dye or not.

I'm (for fun) building an all MVP/Axiom bag and I see I'm mostly choosing MVP with a small handful of axiom and I wonder if I could dye the Axiom rims black , yunno to keep it consistent.

The rim does dye quite well! Trick is finding a true all white disc. Seems a lot have an off-white rim.

Random question VECTOR vs MATRIX? Whats the diff?

I find the matrix to fly like a faster axiom alias, or a fresh eclipse axis. Thrown flat and hard will display a -1 turn and with enough room or height, you will notice a fade respectable to an ion.
I throw my mids sparingly these days, but I have played several 2 disc rounds with my matrix and ion. I typically throw my mids about chest level on tight, wooded fairways which limits the fade. I have been able to shape the matrix on anhyzers and it fades very well on a 45* hyzer line. I made a comparison video of the MVP mid lineup last year in the link below, but I probably need to update it since it was wet, rainy, and throwing on slick grass.

I think the biggest difference will be your preference on how the discs feel in your hand.

Buy both, do some field work, sell the one you don't want on here or the MVP Facebook buy and sell page. They are both very fun to throw.

Random question VECTOR vs MATRIX? Whats the diff?

The Vector flies like a shorter Roc3 while a brand spanking new Matrix flies like I would think a Comet OS would. Problem is, the soft plastic on the Matrix wears out of its sweet spot within two weeks of throwing it.

Only a freakish domey matrix can hold the same lines as a n/p vector can. As soon as its beat or flat top its going to show atleast -1 turn but also fade.

^ this.

Also, this could be taken care of if they would release the Matrix in the old school firm plastics. Then it would not flex out into a flippy shape.

Last edited:
Would you guys consider Tensor a "more overstable Vector" my proton vector is straight with very little fade and I would like to have something that fades more from MVP/Axiom.

Would you guys consider Tensor a "more overstable Vector" my proton vector is straight with very little fade and I would like to have something that fades more from MVP/Axiom.

If heavier weight the tensor will be OS but it is different from vector being beadless and smaller diameter. Something about the tensor I dont love but it could work for what you're looking for. A domey vector will be the most OS vector as well (same with most/all of the MVP or Axiom mids)

If heavier weight the tensor will be OS but it is different from vector being beadless and smaller diameter. Something about the tensor I dont love but it could work for what you're looking for. A domey vector will be the most OS vector as well (same with most/all of the MVP or Axiom mids)

I've only ever had 2 MVP midranges so I'm not sure how much the dome varies, my vector and axis have a relatively small dome (both are proton plastic) and all the neutron plastic discs are very flat in my experience, do neutron plastic discs even have a dome?

I've only ever had 2 MVP midranges so I'm not sure how much the dome varies, my vector and axis have a relatively small dome (both are proton plastic) and all the neutron plastic discs are very flat in my experience, do neutron plastic discs even have a dome?

Most of the MVP mids are designed to be flat. I have seen Neutron Tangents with some dome.

The biggest domed vector i own is a neutron.

Swirly

Noting the disc in Brutus review of the Panic, I found in my shipment as well that there were several hardcore swirly colored discs in the Dimensions and Panics. Very intentional blends of color as opposed to the rare transitionals. It seems to be a new technique the bros are playing with - I hope we continue to see more of them! As good as tie-dye in appeal, but at the cost of standard discs as well, two thumbs up. I'll get some pics here shortly.

Noting the disc in Brutus review of the Panic, I found in my shipment as well that there were several hardcore swirly colored discs in the Dimensions and Panics. Very intentional blends of color as opposed to the rare transitionals. It seems to be a new technique the bros are playing with - I hope we continue to see more of them! As good as tie-dye in appeal, but at the cost of standard discs as well, two thumbs up. I'll get some pics here shortly.

They do like to seem to play with plastic from time to time and test the waters. Have t had time to list a bunch of discs so no recent orders but look forward to hearing reviews.

Is there any news on a beefy mid from MVP or Axiom? Buzzz and Anode have taken all mid range duties in my bag lately. Too much overlap with Vector and Buzzz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts