• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
McBeth leaves Innova and all MVP disc websites are down for "maintenance". Does MVP have deeper pockets than Innova due to their other product lines?*

*theory stolen from Reddit

Correct on Neutron being the first. Mistake on my part.

Eclipse has been significantly more stable than other plastics except for a few large bead Protons I have. To be fair, I only have 2 Eclipse and picked the ones with the highest PLH at MST.

I am just speaking of the Eclipse for the Envy....yeah, everything else it seems to be more stable

McBeth leaves Innova and all MVP disc websites are down for "maintenance". Does MVP have deeper pockets than Innova due to their other product lines?*

He did throw a Nova which is an overmold.

I see it like this: MVP would be the company with most to gain from signing mcbeth - it would rocket them to the next level. If their investment in Dollar, mvp open etc paid off this year it would make sense for them to go for the top player this year - if they have the pockets for it :)

The website has been down for over a week, well before the announcement. So I wouldn't hold your breath on being able to order a McVolt.

The website has been down for over a week, well before the announcement. So I wouldn't hold your breath on being able to order a McVolt.

True, though you could argue that there has to be some really special reason for the website to be down for this long.. Something like a really big announcement! :p
Seriously though, what's happening with the websites? Zam?

they probably have to give all new descriptions of their discs. When the flight numbers were released, their written description and given flight numbers were somewhat contradictory

Lost a moderately seasoned Hatchet yesterday. Will probably replace it with another Hatchet, but I'd be interested in trying out a gyro mold for that slot since I've been happy with my last few forays into MVP/Axiom. The problem is that going just off of the numbers, it doesn't appear that the compan(ies) have that slot filled--something in the 8/9 speed class that is super flippy. Any recommendations?

For reference, I have a 166g Neutron Wave which I hyzerflip to straight in the 325 range at about 90% power, or at full power hyzerflip I get around 350 ft and finish to the right. What I'm looking for (and what my Hatchet did fairly well) is a disc that is a touch slower and will allow me to put more like 75% power on a hyzerflip to get it go straight 290-300; I could also get it to flip to turn with no fade if I gave it just a little more juice.

I'm looking at the Virus, which I know is supposedly a Speed 11 but the rim seems fairly narrow so I'm wondering if it may fly similar to a Hatchet. Comparabel discs, or no?

Probably worth mentioning that I bag a Tursas as a flippy mid, so my Hatchet fit speedwise right between the Tursas and Vanish. I use all three for similiar flippy lines and just adjust power/disc selection for distance control. My forehand game is weak sauce, hence why I bag so many super US discs.

Virus is a speed 9 disc. Excellent choice for hyzer flip (75%) to roller (90+%). I like proton plastic for this mold as it is more stable than neutron and therefore gives me a broader range of shots.
Vanish is. Speed 11 disc and is my current max distance straight disc in proton. When I've tried neutron it flies like a Virus for me, so only proton for me.
These are my to main drivers except for windy days when I mix in a Wrath and a Defy (neutron)
Disclaimer: I max at 310 LHBH, and 250 LHFH; I throw 154-158g in these molds

Virus is a speed 9 disc. Excellent choice for hyzer flip (75%) to roller (90+%). I like proton plastic for this mold as it is more stable than neutron and therefore gives me a broader range of shots.
Vanish is. Speed 11 disc and is my current max distance straight disc in proton. When I've tried neutron it flies like a Virus for me, so only proton for me.
These are my to main drivers except for windy days when I mix in a Wrath and a Defy (neutron)
Disclaimer: I max at 310 LHBH, and 250 LHFH; I throw 154-158g in these molds

Thanks for the info. The Virus is listed as a Speed 11 on Infinite, and unfortunately the Axiom website is down right now so I couldn't verify straight from the source. But gyro discs are often smaller-rimmed than the Speed class would imply (again, using the speed listed on Infinite Discs) so I thought there was a chance it might be more like a 9 or 10.

Lost a moderately seasoned Hatchet yesterday. Will probably replace it with another Hatchet, but I'd be interested in trying out a gyro mold for that slot since I've been happy with my last few forays into MVP/Axiom. The problem is that going just off of the numbers, it doesn't appear that the compan(ies) have that slot filled--something in the 8/9 speed class that is super flippy. Any recommendations?

For reference, I have a 166g Neutron Wave which I hyzerflip to straight in the 325 range at about 90% power, or at full power hyzerflip I get around 350 ft and finish to the right. What I'm looking for (and what my Hatchet did fairly well) is a disc that is a touch slower and will allow me to put more like 75% power on a hyzerflip to get it go straight 290-300; I could also get it to flip to turn with no fade if I gave it just a little more juice.

I'm looking at the Virus, which I know is supposedly a Speed 11 but the rim seems fairly narrow so I'm wondering if it may fly similar to a Hatchet. Comparabel discs, or no?
I don't forehand often, so I rely on a bunch of understable stuff. IMO, MVP and Axiom do not do understable all that well. At least, not across all speeds. There is nothing from them I would bag over a Hatchet.

From what I've seen the Virus is much more US than a Hatchet. I have never thrown one but a friend uses one for flip rollers and he can only throw a Volt about 275. Matt Dollar was throwing Hatchet's a while back but I didn't see a Virus in his bag after the switch. If you beat a clash up to hell it would probably work Hatchet lines but it's a lot more stable than a hatchet right out of the box. Seasoning Neutron or Proton is no easy task either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts