• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new shocks look super predictable. Hard to say whether I'm more excited for the new shocks or the tangent.

For sure. I can't decide whether to exchange my original Shocks, or keep them and just buy new ones from Justin. Tangent, plus new Shocks in one week? So tempting.

Just wanted to say the Soft Neutron plastic is straight money! Just found a Soft Storm Trooper ION at a local shop. Feels so good!

:thmbup: email sent!! Thanks for the heads up!!
hopefully i can get some replacements. The shock i threw was too much like my volts. The new ones look like exactly what i need.
Email sent here, too! I'd love to get a replacement Shock with 0 turn and healthy fade! What did folks have to do to get the replacement?....just curious while I wait for a reply.

Email sent here, too! I'd love to get a replacement Shock with 0 turn and healthy fade! What did folks have to do to get the replacement?....just curious while I wait for a reply.
you have to send it in they inspect it, if they deem it to be defective they send you a new one.

seems pretty awesome, try to get innova to do that!!!

you have to send it in they inspect it, if they deem it to be defective they send you a new one.

seems pretty awesome, try to get innova to do that!!!
Huh...if I'm sending in a first run, should I be pretty confident they'll deem it defective? I'd hate to dump money into shipping for nothing.

I got the email response, and while I think it's great that they're willing to even entertain the notion of a swap, it's pretty non-committal. The thrust of it is this quote, "Although this disc is not designed to be an overstable disc meant to handle strong winds, it should still have a dependable amount of high speed stability to where it will have minimal turn on throws up to 400 feet in minimal wind conditions.". I see some turn with my 300ft arm, but I don't know if that's as much as they intended or not. I really just want an MVP version of a Teebird, which it seems the Shock was intended to be...or at least my impression of what it was intended to be.

I guess worse-case scenario I'm out USPS first class postage, a whooping $2.xx.

^my take exactly. worst case im out a couple bucks. best case i may get a shock that i will throw and know its what the intended disc is supposed to be.

Humm....I got my shock almost 4 weeks ago and still havent had a chance to throw it yet...still have about two months before I will be able to. Wonder if I should send it back brand new and unthrowen for one of the new models lol?

Any stamps, numbers, or otherwise indications that you have an early run or new run on the disc anywhere?

Anyone know if there is anywhere to get a few bucks off each disc if you buy enough MVP? I know they had the misprints thing last summer but that's not exactly what I'm looking for anyway. Like an 8 for 100 type deal? I know, I know, I'm probably dreaming. :D

Your best bet is probably to try and split a 32 disc order with someone you know and just order from MVP directly.

Sweet. Yah i guess you read my mind because that was the other piece of information I was wondering about (min number through them).

Any stamps, numbers, or otherwise indications that you have an early run or new run on the disc anywhere?

If you have one now, it's a first run. But as it was stated in the shock thread the first runs have more flashing on the bottom. But you might want to search the thread to know more.

Also why would anyone send these first runs back? They fly similar to the volt and are super duper cool.:D Just buy a new shock!:clap:

Also why would anyone send these first runs back? They fly similar to the volt and are super duper cool.:D Just buy a new shock!:clap:
Yeah..I suppose I could do that. I need to throw it some more to get a better idea of where it is for me. If it can serve as a Volt backup, might as well keep it.

Yeah..I suppose I could do that. I need to throw it some more to get a better idea of where it is for me. If it can serve as a Volt backup, might as well keep it.

Some people on here really like the flight of the first runs, so they may be worth holding onto in the event of an increased demand.

Well, I finally decided to give in to the hype and buy some MVP discs. Hopefully, it will stop snowing sometime soon so I can actually get out and test them

photo5fcsm.jpg

169g Neutron Amp
177g Eclipse Vector
177g Eclipse Axis
175g Eclipse Ion

Even if they don't end up breaking into my bag, at least I have a glow set up now!

And you had better believe that blank red discs are going to end up with some sweet St. Louis Cardinals art!

Finally got out to throw these bad boys. Decent weather today (35 and no wind), but there was ankle deep snow over basically the whole course and only a few teepads were clear. I took some video and I'll get that up tomorrow (going to play a course or two or three).

Anyways, I don't want to judge the discs on this one outing in iffy conditions, so I'll hold off on in depth thoughts for the discs now. I generally liked the discs and the gyro technology obviously helped on good rips (and hurt when I had some OAT). The Ion was exactly what I expected. The Amp seemed to fit my arm speed well, but I can't wait to throw it with better footing. The Vector was a little straighter than I expected but had a good fade on the end. And the Axis... The Axis was amazing. It's straighter than a grizzly's **** and extremely workable, as well as longer/faster than I expected (felt like a shorter/speed 6ish fairway). I did miss the grip of my Vibrams, but the Eclipse plastic was a lot less slick than I expected.

All in all, I'm impressed with the discs, excited to keep testing, and can definitely see myself bagging some (if not a lot). And this is close to heresy for me, but the Axis may replace my Ibex as my workhorse mid at some point.

And the Axis... The Axis was amazing. It's straighter than a grizzly's **** and extremely workable, as well as longer/faster than I expected (felt like a shorter/speed 6ish fairway). I did miss the grip of my Vibrams, but the Eclipse plastic was a lot less slick than I expected.

All in all, I'm impressed with the discs, excited to keep testing, and can definitely see myself bagging some (if not a lot). And this is close to heresy for me, but the Axis may replace my Ibex as my workhorse mid at some point.

The Axis is an awesome disc. When it came out in Neutron, I took it out to my home course, paired with Ion/Anode and Eclipse and Neutron Vectors. I used the Axis almost exclusively. I caught up to a group by the third hole and played through with them. The Axis easily kept pace drive for drive with the other guys. (Granted, no hole is longer than 380' at the course, but still--a mid?)

Every time I'd drive with the Axis, the guys would go, "You sure that's a mid?" When I parked a 330' over-the-water, around-four-trees-in-the-middle-of-the-fairway-anhyzer shot, the guys started asking where they could get one of these "wonder discs."

Then this past Sunday, I got similar reactions with the Volt and Amp on some 400'+ holes.

^^ It still amazes me how the Axis locks into a line and just propels. Huge fan of the disc. I've been playing more with the mids than anything else. True workhorse. Can't wait for the Tangent!

Status
Not open for further replies.