• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer the Tangent as a putter than the Ion or Anode

Really? Why is that?

I can't speak for ZJ, but I really enjoy the Tangent as a putter also. It feels really good with the lower profile and has an Anode like flight. I don't think it'll replace the Ion, because a like the Ion's bead. In a pinch, the Tangent fills both the putter/mid slot well.

I can't speak for ZJ, but I really enjoy the Tangent as a putter also. It feels really good with the lower profile and has an Anode like flight. I don't think it'll replace the Ion, because a like the Ion's bead. In a pinch, the Tangent fills both the putter/mid slot well.
I can see the approach part, but I prefer a soft putter for my inside the circle misses.:mad:

The tangent is just a good disc for EVERYTHING. I seriously believe its one of the best new discs in the past 5 years. They didn't just clone a popular mold, they made a shape we haven't seen much of before. Tangent is better than anything else MVP has put out to date. I have played a handful of 1-disc rounds with it at Zilker park and come out -11/12 every time. The Tangent is a very straight putter when used as such. It glides forward better than the Anode and Ion which seems to dump out at low speeds. It works better for my putt. Now granted those were just fun tester rounds, I wouldn't use the Tangent in a competitive round for putting. But the mold its well balanced and suited for putting if necessary.

I would agree with the first part for sure with my lighter tangent, where the heavy seems to have a tiiiiiiiiiiiitch more LSS fade but hell of a disc. I posted the same message after testing mine the first time too lol loveeeeeeeeeeee the tangent!

I don't currently own any MVP discs. I've been trying to work on my form and stay away from the warp speed drivers because I don't yet have the arm for them. I've heard a lot of good things about the MVP mids.

I've been thinking of getting either a Tangent or an Axis or maybe both. A good place to start?

Also, are there significant differences between the proton and neutron plastics as far as durability, grip, and flight characteristics are concerned?

I don't currently own any MVP discs. I've been trying to work on my form and stay away from the warp speed drivers because I don't yet have the arm for them. I've heard a lot of good things about the MVP mids.

I've been thinking of getting either a Tangent or an Axis or maybe both. A good place to start?

Also, are there significant differences between the proton and neutron plastics as far as durability, grip, and flight characteristics are concerned?

The grip is better on the neutron, not as slick as the proton, actually I only throw either the old style proton (opaque) or the new neutron.

I'm not really sure why I keep seeing comments about slickness of proton, I've been throwing the same axis since last summer and it has been plenty grippy

Already posted this int he MVP fan page on facebook but thought I'd get opinions here too, to see if anyone else has had similar experiences with other mvp discs.

So..I'm thinking of taking my axis out of the bag and going back to my esp buzzz's. I just can't throw the axis near as consistent or far as my buzzz. I love the volt,tangent,ion and anodes I just seem to always turn over my axis or throw a worm burner. I throw a black 175g neutron if that makes a difference. Comments?

I bought a Tangent a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it. It's an amazing disc that does the work for you. You don't even need to throw it! Just hold it in your hand and open your hand up and the disc just heads towards the basket, usually landing within a few yards of it.

All joking aside, I really is great. I used it a lot yesterday and it makes turnover shots fun.

Already posted this int he MVP fan page on facebook but thought I'd get opinions here too, to see if anyone else has had similar experiences with other mvp discs.

So..I'm thinking of taking my axis out of the bag and going back to my esp buzzz's. I just can't throw the axis near as consistent or far as my buzzz. I love the volt,tangent,ion and anodes I just seem to always turn over my axis or throw a worm burner. I throw a black 175g neutron if that makes a difference. Comments?

My 176 N Axis flies almost exactly like a Buzzz...It is yellow/green and flat. Perhaps yours is a freak?

I threw a heavy 10th buzz and ti buzz against my Axis and I did find the Buzz had more fade. My Axis was going dead straight though, not turning. For me its just a Buzz with less fade for the most part.

Also I'm testing a new MVP disc right now. Sparkle Proton too.

I threw a heavy 10th buzz and ti buzz against my Axis and I did find the Buzz had more fade. My Axis was going dead straight though, not turning. For me its just a Buzz with less fade for the most part.

TENSOR TESTING!!!!!!

My axis throws more like the flat buzzz ss I had. Slow initial turn right then straight a long way before a small fade back. I have a neutron coming this week. The snow is finally melting so hopefully I will get a chance to compare the two very soon.

Try giving your axis a little more height. I'm also contemplating taking the Axis out of my bag for the same reasons that you've described, but my best throws have come when I give it a little more height than I normally would (~15ft?). If you keep the nose down it will stay relatively straight and it stays in the air much longer than if I try to laser beam it.

The only time an Axis will turn and burn is when you impart OAT on the throw.

The same is true for all stable discs.

Throw them with good form, straight and true, and they'll fly the same way.

Not a Drone clone. It's too small. Maybe more of a Zone.

true but faster also.. I can see it being more similar flying to a trident or XXX than a zone or drone to be honest if it is a beefy vector like flight with a true 0 HSS (and maybe coming in SPARKLE proton per MikeC's "testing" message :D)

Did anyone else catch this???? I thought they would stick with neutron till the line up was complete or was I misinformed? This should be way cool!!!!:hfive:

I really dig the proton plastic!:thmbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts