• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there 2 different size nanos, or did I read that wrong in the opening shot?

Try giving your axis a little more height. I'm also contemplating taking the Axis out of my bag for the same reasons that you've described, but my best throws have come when I give it a little more height than I normally would (~15ft?). If you keep the nose down it will stay relatively straight and it stays in the air much longer than if I try to laser beam it.

I think this may be my issue, I try to throw it like my buzzz with a low laser beam. I'll air it out a bit with nose down and se how that works.

The only time an Axis will turn and burn is when you impart OAT on the throw.

The same is true for all stable discs.

Throw them with good form, straight and true, and they'll fly the same way.

I'm not denying my form flaws and that OAT is most likely the issue, but for some reason I can throw my tangent a lot more consistently. I wouldn't say the axis ever turns and burns on me just ends right instead of straight or slight fade left of where I'm aiming.

Is there a certain domeyness or colour or weight that would tend to be slightly more stable? (Not blaming the disc,just curious)

flatter neutron are a very straight axis runs where the domey proton seem more stable and touchier compared to the newer runs IMO. My flat bubblegum pink axis is a lazer compared to uv FR proton with dome.

My least overstable Axis have been my flat as a board, orange eclipse Axis.

Most of mine have moderate dome and on an 80% power rip just go dead straight with a very mild fade at the end. Great hss.

The flat ones I've thrown that felt a little more understable had a touch of turn and a hair less fade. Instead of 0 hss like most Axis they are more like -.5. I have not seen any of these from the newest runs but there could still be some out there. Thrown flat and hard they will go to the right, but given a touch of hyzer and they are straight and controllable. These make great understable mids once beat up some.

My domiest Axis fly closer to a Buzz...straight with a moderate fade at the end. They just fade a bit later than a Buzz would, but sooner than a typical Axis.

My go to are max weight pink Neutrons with average dome. They have no high speed turn thrown at full power (380-400' avg).

I wouldn't say the axis ever turns and burns on me just ends right instead of straight or slight fade left of where I'm aiming.

You mentioned "wormburner" before. Turning a bit, is different than wormburner.

Either way, it sounds like you realize it's your form. Good luck in getting those intended flights our of your Axis. :thmbup:

My least overstable Axis have been my flat as a board, orange eclipse Axis.

Most of mine have moderate dome and on an 80% power rip just go dead straight with a very mild fade at the end. Great hss.

The flat ones I've thrown that felt a little more understable had a touch of turn and a hair less fade. Instead of 0 hss like most Axis they are more like -.5. I have not seen any of these from the newest runs but there could still be some out there. Thrown flat and hard they will go to the right, but given a touch of hyzer and they are straight and controllable. These make great understable mids once beat up some.

My domiest Axis fly closer to a Buzz...straight with a moderate fade at the end. They just fade a bit later than a Buzz would, but sooner than a typical Axis.

My go to are max weight pink Neutrons with average dome. They have no high speed turn thrown at full power (380-400' avg).

Thanks for the run down Mike, I'll use this info when/if a buy another axis. Like I said the only one I have is a black N 175g and I have another black N 176g on it's way. Here is a pic of mine, I would consider this board flat, would you?

Attachments

• IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 36
You mentioned "wormburner" before. Turning a bit, is different than wormburner.

Either way, it sounds like you realize it's your form. Good luck in getting those intended flights our of your Axis. :thmbup:

Yeah, I was saying that I seem to either turn it or get a worm burner, But I'm pretty sure that is because I'm trying to throw a low laser beam like I do with my buzzz. After all the comments I've come to realize that I need a little more height and a lot more finesse since it's more touchy than my buzzz.

hard to tell for sure with it being black but it looks pretty flat. I have a rather domey one that I could probably swap with you if you want, and we can see how the other persons Axis flies for us.

hard to tell for sure with it being black but it looks pretty flat. I have a rather domey one that I could probably swap with you if you want, and we can see how the other persons Axis flies for us.

Yeah man, that'd be awesome! Like moonshine said it will be embarrassing for me but at the same time an honour.

So are we gonna talk about this, or are we not gonna go into a week-long treadmill of speculation this time?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...54763477.64357.137972412926309&type=1&theater
Oh wow :)
Didn't realize it was gonna be this intense of a week! That's some juicy teasin'.

I'm wore out from the last speculation thread. Consider me out of this one.. :D
That was just a strength and conditioning exercise... like an outer space simulator. Gets you used to the feeling of a blown mind :)

Well I guess I'll get the speculation started. My guess is that this could be a stamp...maybe on a disc of some sort :p

win.

I would add that the stamp appears to be a satelite, globe and an object shooting around. Fitting for a putter? Mid? or... (not a distance driver called an Orbit, nahhh, nope, not gonna say it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts