• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i throw 178g axis and couldn't imagine throwing lighter.. i think that extra heavy weight in the rim is what makes mvp discs as amazing as they are.. i pray to god they keep doing what they do and dont change a thing.

That extra weight in the edge of the rim is what makes these discs more gyroscopic, and thats why they are superior.

Seriously, I agree with you on this, if you can't throw the big boy stuff then stick to other discs. I cant even stand throwing a disc below 171g from any manufacturer.

I have to say its amazing the difference 3g make on these discs my main vector is 177g and I recently got a 174g. While the flight characteristics are identical the 174g consistently gets 10 to 20 feet more distance than the 177g. Now I'm not sure if its me or if its the disc, but still find it interesting.

Seriously, I agree with you on this, if you can't throw the big boy stuff then stick to other discs. I cant even stand throwing a disc below 171g from any manufacturer.

Some of us prefer to throw lighter weight discs for a variety of reasons. I fail to see how a heavier disc is really "big boy stuff". I will happily stick to other discs that come in my preferred weight range and save all the heavy stuff for you big boys.

Some of us prefer to throw lighter weight discs for a variety of reasons. I fail to see how a heavier disc is really "big boy stuff". I will happily stick to other discs that come in my preferred weight range and save all the heavy stuff for you big boys.

I agree with you on the "big boy" theory, if people want to throw max weight only, then go for it, but you have to realize that throwing lighter weight discs will help your game also.

The only Vector in my bag right now is 172 or 173 and I love it. Nothing wrong with lighter discs. I've had some awesome drives and approaches wih my 164 Ion.

The only discs I really like heavy are my mids. I dont like to have a lot of variety of weights of the same discs but I like to have nice heavy mids for bludgeoning my way through the trees and brush that always seems to be between me and the basket after my drive.

The only discs I really like heavy are my mids. I dont like to have a lot of variety of weights of the same discs but I like to have nice heavy mids for bludgeoning my way through the trees and brush that always seems to be between me and the basket after my drive.

I'm the same way. Drivers and putters are lighter, but I like my mids heavier.

Still, give me something I can regularly find in the 170-174 range. I play disc golf, not football. I don't need to assert my manliness by throwing heavy plastic.

I bought an eclipse axis labeled as 174 after my first run heavy axis was beefier than I wanted. Got home and scaled it to find out it was 177.1g. Needless to say but I am very disappointed with my $20 purchase. Flys just like the other one I didn't like.

img8091q.jpg

I bought an eclipse axis labeled as 174 after my first run heavy axis was beefier than I wanted. Got home and scaled it to find out it was 177.1g. Needless to say but I am very disappointed with my $20 purchase. Flys just like the other one I didn't like.

img8091q.jpg

Definately looks like 174 to me.

Nope, 7 is pictured right next to the four. Not the same number. I thought you would be there to defend them though.

Not necessarily defending, just saying it could be an option. I realize that MVP's marked weights have been off since late last summer. I haven't seen it 3g off tho, usually 1-1.5, sometimes 2. Marshall St is great at weighing all discs that come in so people know EXACTLY what weight the disc they are buying is.

I bought an eclipse axis labeled as 174 after my first run heavy axis was beefier than I wanted. Got home and scaled it to find out it was 177.1g.
Same with me. Had Justin get the lightest Axis he could find for me at the time (marked 176), but it scales out at 179. They must be borrowing scales from Gateway. :\

Like all the lightweight stuff you want it is just to inconsistent for me. Not a claim to manliness as one of you have stated just a personal preference for me since I like heavy plastic and play a ton of very windy courses.

Last edited:

img8091q.jpg

It kinda looks like an imcomplete 9 to me.

img8091q.jpg

Even if it is a "4", that three gram difference isn't going to change the flight of the disc from "very disappointing" to "just what I wanted!". I don't think you deserve a refund or a new disc, especially since you've thrown the Axis before and this one flies just like the other, but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to set things straight anyway.

Even if it is a "4", that three gram difference isn't going to change the flight of the disc from "very disappointing" to "just what I wanted!". I don't think you deserve a refund or a new disc, especially since you've thrown the Axis before and this one flies just like the other, but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to set things straight anyway.
After reading comments on here about the lighter ones flying more understable i wanted to try one. I wouldn't have bought it if it was marked the same weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts