• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP - Fission™ Microbubble Technology

So I found this.

This what they look like I guess.

Attachments

• fission disc.JPG
    fission disc.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 90
Oh #&!!, the volt in fission and plasma released in the same day!!!What is going to be the min weight difference? Anyone know?

Plasma are max down to where fission start at 165g.

Fission Plastic
Ultra-Lightweight Neutron Core
Fission™ Microbubble Technology produces an ultralight core with evenly distributed and imperceptible weight reduction microbubbles. The ultralight core allows an even higher GYRO™ overmold density relative to the core, yet still remaining in the lighter weight classes — 155g to 165g in the Volt.

what do we think about a 160 fission volt vs 160 plasma?

same?

different?

who cares?

fission should be the tradional volt mold. no dome and lower shoulder. they are using the more OS volt mold I would assume to compensate for the lighter weights to achieve a true volt like flight while the plasma runs are a FR domey and slightly lighter availability like in the FR.

Not sure how the flight differences will end up but I always found a domey FR AND lighter volt to have less high speed stability and a softer low speed fade. I imagine the fission volts are more similar to 150 teslas vs max weight and plasma are well, plasma with the nice dome.

THe smaller overmolds on the first discs of MVP made it harder for the wide weight ranges it seems so fission appears to be the answer for lighter old molds and possibly newer faster discs to keep the 150-max weight ranges for ALL models.

I get a feeling that Fission will fly dierently than any MVP we've ever seen. Really can't wait to try these out.

not understable though.

VIA FB PAGE:
Preston Wnuk
Don't let the 165g max weight of the fission scare you. These things hold up to lots of power.
Like · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 11:43am
Brad Richardson (Co-Owner of MVP Disc Sports)
Or even a 155g... that was a 149g proto we were throwing yesterday. Super glidey and the perfect balance and HSS and LSS!

I'm just worried about wind. I'd like a plasma volt for distance and straighter flights and a fission for a bit more stability but if the fission is affected by wind more then that kind of defeats the purpose

worried about wind in what way? MVP 150 class perform better IMO than most any other on the market so I wouldn't be concerned at all if the fission are even more gyro-happy they should fly great.

165g should be plenty heavy to fight wind. My 156g Motion eats wind even at that weight. Different disc I know but 165 isn't THAT light. 135 then maybe I'd be concerned

I just have that mental block that 150 class discs should be unpredictable in the wind. I'm still trying to figure out my bag for the season and I like the idea of having complimenting discs in the same mold, especially at the fairway/control driver tweener spot. The problem is that mvp is so consistent, their plastics and weights generally behave the same for each mold. I want to kind of minimize mold's a little bit and carry a few of each core mold. I guess I should just get to wearing in complimentary discs.

IMO this would be an ideal volt set-up.. 1 Fission- tailwind and max D bomber, 1-2 Plasma from light to max and 1-2 stock neutron/proton around max. I would keep the max weight plasma as a fresh bomber go-to long driver, the fresh neutron or proton as an OS driver and with the lighter/seasoned plasma being a go-to long distance and line shaping driver while a seasoned neutron/proton fit between the go-to plasma and OS fresh volt.

Damn, might have to do that myself :D

Excited for what is to come....Fission Shocks and Amps. Maybe Vector/Axis too?

In time for the Japan open? Would be nice to see

I'm thinking a 2, maybe 3, volt set up in between a motion or resistor and an insanity or inspire. 175 flat neutron and 165 plasma make the most sense but I really want to try out fission but I usually like to stick with only buying discs that I intend to bag. I'm also thinking about making those pretty much the only drivers in my bag. I don't have a huge arm so I don't think I'm missing out. I can get my mids out to about 275 reliably. Does anyone see a fault in this set up?

id say get a fission volt for sure if you are maxing mids at 275ft. plasma will be your go to and fission long bomber!

Thanks aim. Haven't thrown volts since the speed 6/7s came out. Didn't know how they react to being powered down a bit. Can imagine the plasmas being a real workhorse with the fission complimenting them with extra gyro stability

Latest posts