• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

. . . How's it in a moderate headwind for a moderate arm?

155-162 Neutron Inertia was my main driver for quite a while. I always found them pretty predictable in a headwind. They are understable, but throw them with a little clean hyzer and they will stay fairly straight in most headwinds at my ~300' distance.

But keep in mind that Inertias are speed-stable rather than stable, so if you torque-monkey an Inertia into a strong headwind it will run away.

I am a 325' thrower mine hold up ok in the wind. they will drift more to the right in the wind but still fade out on a smooth release. i through them in the 155 range.

Assuming your release is clean, pretty dang straight.
If not, turn and burn.

It's not as u.s. as the numbers look but it is spin and torque sensitive

All of the 10mm MVP molds are extra gyro happy it seems. They really nailed it down with that class and the slower relay stuff. Even the virus will handle some headwind with hyzer and good clean snap.

There is not a single 10 "speed" mold I didn't like when using them regularly even as max D dricers for a while but teslas are only one itb these days.

Reckon I'll bump this thread cuz I'm thinking the Inertia might be my next driver purchase. So, a slightly faster, slightly longer Valk seems to be the consensus. Would that be a fair assessment?

Anyone still throwing the Inertia?

Was my max D driver when only hitting 325-50' and carves up the woods too.

I picked one up used for a temp bag, while travelling, in April. It went into my regular bag when I got home. The stamp is barely visible in the right light--I thought that it didn't have one for a while--and it seems to be nicely seasoned, but nowhere near trashed.

I "had" a 154 Plasma Inertia til I torque monkeyed it onto I-270.

That Plasma Inertia was the longest disc I've ever thrown - and I've thrown a lot of discs. Given perfect situations, I was able to achieve up to 100' increase in drives with the Inertia over an identical Tesla when thrown correctly. My typical Tesla drive length in the 150s-160s classes is between 350-400' with a bit more distance in perfect conditions (downhill, tailwind). In those situations, I was heaving the Inertia out to 500' - but the inertia's lack of turn meant that if I threw the same line with same motion and footwork, the inertia would land 50-100' right of the Tesla. That's a lot of fairway difference between the two.

Not gonna lie, I switched to MVP after nearly 20 years with Innova because I liked the Inertia when I picked one up at a PIAS. It's got a great feel to it.

I am running a 12 disc set up right now and the inertia is holding down the main bh driver spot. keeping going back and forth between PL and N though.

Did the Inertia undergo a change? On the new website, they have it as a 18.5mm driver and not 20.

So this is the 100th thread I've subscribed to...

Settling in on the Inertia as part of mold minimalism.. Started with it when released and come full circle back to it. Just good workable distance.. Still rocking my 155 and 157 FR stormtroopers. I was pleased in the wind last time it was gusty it handled it better than I thought it would so I got a 166 proton sparkle coming next week.

couple Inertia questions.

looking back it started out as an 11 speed and now its a 9 speed.

got one in neutron and plasma and neither is overly understable, but actually pretty neutral with light fade. why isnt this a more popular disc?

IMO after using a wave for a while, this is actually easier distance with a less overstablity. has anyone else notice this or is just because i really cant throw much more than about 375 on a flat field?

IMO after using a wave for a while, this is actually easier distance with a less overstablity. has anyone else notice this or is just because i really cant throw much more than about 375 on a flat field?

A Wave is overstable for you at 375?

What kind of wave are you throwing? I have about 300 feet of power and for me a fission Wave flips a little bit and then softly fades. I believe that is the standard experience with the Wave.

So, I'm wondering if the particular Wave you have is anomalously overstable.

His wave is likely Neutron of some sort and a heavier weight. (Possible eclipse)

As far as the inertia goes it's a fantastic and underrated disc. When it was their first DD it was pretty hot but then it got old :D . Still a good disc but not a lot of press about old molds.

I just put one back in the bag to see if I need it between my MF Roadrunner and worn S-PD. They fly pretty close to the -2/2 numbers for me.

Haven't heard of an Inertia at 11. Seems like it would be an entirely different rim/disc?

I have a pair that I lean on a lot. Really controllable/shapeable (not a word) as the neutral/US counterpart to the neutral/OS Tesla.

What kind of wave are you throwing? I have about 300 feet of power and for me a fission Wave flips a little bit and then softly fades. I believe that is the standard experience with the Wave.

I had a max weight fission wave recently had minimal turn for me as well in that 375-400 range. I lost it before it could get beat in, but I was very surprised by the stability based on what I've read in other places.

As far as the inertia goes it's a fantastic and underrated disc. . . .

^ Agreed. Inertia was my do-it-all distance driver for a few years.

Haven't heard of an Inertia at 11. Seems like it would be an entirely different rim/disc?

MVP says the Inertia's rim is 18.5 mm, while the PDGA approval says the rim is 20.0 mm. Speed 11 would be a 21.0 mm rim.

At least two of these things are not correct, or perhaps they are measuring different things. Not sure why this happens, but I have seen this discrepancy with a few MVP/Axiom discs. :confused:

i said that wrong.

i had a fission wave at around 165 and it seemed pretty flippy, maybe touchy would be a better description, the neutron was very neutral if thrown hard. The neutron and the plasma inertia, new, both see a tick more overstable than a wave.

i really like them overall, i just wondered why they werent iike a staple in that straight mid shot. the volt seems to have that spot, but this seems very similar Had a few volts that I really like but i seem to always lose them.

Latest posts