• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Proton Volt

Or she is a local and testing it for them?

How many disc testers do you know that don't want to talk about what they are testing? Especially if it's already announced and being ordered...I don't see MVP just passing them out. Their cousin Preston tests for them locally, and he's got a cannon arm (in other words, he could put a Proton Volt somewhere far away where it couldn't be found).

How many disc testers do you know that don't want to talk about what they are testing? Especially if it's already announced and being ordered...I don't see MVP just passing them out. Their cousin Preston tests for them locally, and he's got a cannon arm (in other words, he could put a Proton Volt somewhere far away where it couldn't be found).
I am sure MVP has some locals testing that would make sense. She is a girl maybe someone wants to impress her with their fancy plastic company. The bros are dudes too. There are many explanations for her not wanting to talk. Maybe dude looks like a weirdo. I know I do when I am drooling about a disc.

I am sure MVP has some locals testing that would make sense. She is a girl maybe someone wants to impress her with their fancy plastic company. The bros are dudes too. There are many explanations for her not wanting to talk. Maybe dude looks like a weirdo. I know I do when I am drooling about a disc.

There's some entertaining imagery within this post, but I HIGHLY doubt the brothers are going to give a proto to a girl to impress her. This whole bit is completely silly, but I'm sticking with my first lost disc theory.

There's some entertaining imagery within this post, but I HIGHLY doubt the brothers are going to give a proto to a girl to impress her. This whole bit is completely silly, but I'm sticking with my first lost disc theory.
It's intended to be silly discspeed. And if the brothers are not using MVP to get tail I am severely disappointed. I know I would be!!

And who is to say she cannot bomb? I play with a girl that can keep up with us, she is driving leopards over 300 and can putt the lights out. Soo.........

Last edited:
Basically from the very few throws I got...

It holds straight, doesn't budge/flip/turn, and then fades forward. I remember the N Volt having a little more movement while moving forward, but the P Volt just goes straight on the line you put it on.

In this regard its a lot like a really good 1.2 QOLF. Just holds a flat shot straight, and then fades down. It needed it to flip up about 325ft out on one shot like a N Volt would, and the Proton just kept cruising flat and straight into the tree line.

Longer Axis work for you guys?

This sounds great to me...Pretty much describes the original proto Volts I threw last summer. Hopefully this will shore up the couple of lines that I've been missing since switching out my arsenal of PDs for the MVP lineup.

I'm waiting for the MVP bros to show up so we can give the Proton Volts a full workout. Conditions couldn't be any better as we've got a steady wind with gusts. True test. Findings later...

I got to throw and watch a whole bunch of Proton Volts today. The 6 I was throwing were all different colors and weighed 172-175. The plastic feels exactly the P and E Tangents (nice and grippy).

Very interesting disc...Much more HSS than the Neutron Volts, yet it is not any more LSS. It flies straight from a flat release across wind conditions. We were ripping them hard into moderate headwinds ( I throw 400+ and Brad has more snap than me) and they weren't budging. Wrist rolls are unforgiving as the disc is just straight straight straight and holds forever. They fade very late, but they hold any amount of hyzer given. They seemed more tolerant of OAT than the Neutrons, though that may just be the stability...Whatever it was, it handled my FH much better than the Ns.

Distance-wise it was hard to compare as I could just rip into the Protons with abandon, where I have to work my N Volt more carefully. Mike C is going to go crazy with these...450'?

these sound GREAT thanks for the review.

can't wait for the Mike C video!

Im not going to get too excited until i get to throw one myself :)

Now the fairway lineup is very solid with N Amp, N Volt, P Volt, N Shock...No more gaps, though I think a beat up Shock is needed in there if you want to get more EX type lines. The Proton Volt is much more TB than EX, and more like a dx TB than a premium one in it's absurd straightness.

i want the Proton Volt so BAD!!

7vxt.jpg

I got to throw and watch a whole bunch of Proton Volts today. The 6 I was throwing were all different colors and weighed 172-175. The plastic feels exactly the P and E Tangents (nice and grippy).

Very interesting disc...Much more HSS than the Neutron Volts, yet it is not any more LSS. It flies straight from a flat release across wind conditions. We were ripping them hard into moderate headwinds ( I throw 400+ and Brad has more snap than me) and they weren't budging. Wrist rolls are unforgiving as the disc is just straight straight straight and holds forever. They fade very late, but they hold any amount of hyzer given. They seemed more tolerant of OAT than the Neutrons, though that may just be the stability...Whatever it was, it handled my FH much better than the Ns.

Distance-wise it was hard to compare as I could just rip into the Protons with abandon, where I have to work my N Volt more carefully. Mike C is going to go crazy with these...450'?

PD fan here. Any similarities between the two? A teebeagle mix? Any turn at all? Thanks for the feedback.

PD fan here. Any similarities between the two? A teebeagle mix? Any turn at all? Thanks for the feedback.

I think the PD is a bit faster and longer, and has more turn and more fade. I did not turn a Volt from flat at all today.

how far where you throwing it?

I was on a really hilly course that I only play a couples times a year, so it was really hard to reference. It felt like my good power rips were in the 380'+ range. When Brad connected he was getting them farther than me.

I'll get a chance to air it out more tomorrow. But for the most part, its a better Volt. I TRUST it more than Neutron

Put down your Legacy for a minute and go throw the Volt some more for us.:p

Latest posts