• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Proton Volt

MVP didn't tweak the mold to add stability did they? I love the Neutron Volts I have and will be very disappointed if I can't get that flight anymore.

Put down your Legacy for a minute and go throw the Volt some more for us.:p

Haha

That is totally what happened. Spent all weekend learning Legacy. Got maybe one more throw in with the P Volt. So focused on learning the Rival I keep forgetting I have the Volt in the bag.

Probably a plastic and run thing. I bet if they are running N Volts at the same time as these Protons that they will come out similar in stability.

MVP is taking advantage of breakthroughs they made with the N Shock with every disc they make now, so that is why the Volts are more HSS. The little bit of flash on the bottom of the N Volts made so far is gone on the P Volts, and it will be gone when new N Volts are being run.

The discs are now coming out as originally intended, and this is what MVP's breathrough has allowed them to achieve. The Volt is supposed to be very straight with good HSS. The Amp is supposed to be workably understable, and the Shock is supposed to be workably overstable. I think this is what we will see with few exceptions from now on. If you really like understable Volts, I'd say stock up now...or wait and see what the next Amp we get from MVP is like.

discspeed, do you know when and if MVP will be sending out the Proton Volts to testers? I am excited to throw them based on your test results.

discspeed, do you know when and if MVP will be sending out the Proton Volts to testers? I am excited to throw them based on your test results.

Well, they will be released in 11 days so I doubt they would send them out to anyone else early seeing that they have already been tested. But I guess you never know...

Well, they will be released in 11 days so I doubt they would send them out to anyone else early seeing that they have already been tested. But I guess you never know...
testers is a loose term when it comes to MVP. they are more like previewers. or hype men!! ;)

That's kind of what I was thinking...bummer.

And Mr. Glass, I'll buy that.

MVP didn't tweak the mold to add stability did they? I love the Neutron Volts I have and will be very disappointed if I can't get that flight anymore.

I would assume it's the difference in plastics.. My volt flies similar to a Valk and I love it.. If it becomes more like a Teebird I won't complain..

I believe they sent them this morning...

Here is a PLH comparison between the N Volt (left) and P Volt (right). That particular N Volt is fairly stable, certainly not one of the flippy variety.
1043872_3174660742523_133052157_n.jpg

Latest posts