• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Proton Volt

Volt would. I lost my eagle and was super sad. I bought the MVP fairway trio and instantly took over all fairways slots and added a ton of distance.

Pre ordered a proton volt today... I wonder if it will kick the teebird out...

I can throw my Eagle about 390ft. How would the Volts compare? they seem more stable and more distance potential. Thanks!

Hard to say without knowing if its a fresh or seasoned Eagle, I'll assume broken in.

Neutron Volt would be longer, fade later and lean a tick more towards the neutral / understable side while remaining very controllable.

Proton Volt would probably feel closer to a longer seasoned Eagle X, but depending on its wear the P Volt could show less turn and fade overall, and should also be a touch longer.

Their Shock is a lot like a broken in Z Pred btw. Fun disc.

Something I found with my N Volt was that I could put a pretty good snap on it with just a touch of hyzer and get a nice straight line - but it faded a bit more on the end than I could wish for at times. I was in the market for perhaps something with similar or a hair better HSS, but with slightly less fade. Impossible? Consensus was a Champ TL or a DX Teebird. This P Volt seems to have the HSS notched up, but from your vids Mike it seems to carry a fair amount of bonus fade to go along with it. Is this just an all around more stable version? I will try one anyways, but I may still be in the market for a laser pointer.

straight discs will be your lower speed discs, like the tangent. I have never found a fairway driver or higher speed disc that is capable of flying a laser straight line to the end.. nor would i ever want such a thing, would be far to hard to control and range the distance. Fade allows you to range your throws so you can control the distance at which your disc will fly.

straight discs will be your lower speed discs, like the tangent. I have never found a fairway driver or higher speed disc that is capable of flying a laser straight line to the end.. nor would i ever want such a thing, would be far to hard to control and range the distance. Fade allows you to range your throws so you can control the distance at which your disc will fly.

Without side tracking too much, it is true that with a bit of hyzer flip, Tangent (indeed many discs) can be made to hold a straight line. Its the combo of high HSS and relatively low LSS I am trying to get close to, in a driver. I just want to get as close to optimum in these regards in a disc as possible, then compensate from there. I haven't had the chance to buy the others I mentioned in my last post and my N Volt was my control group, so the P Volt is interesting to me in that it differs, but not perhaps in the same way I'm researching (assuming its HSS and LSS are equally notched up). I will probably buy all the discs I've mentioned and experiment anyways, but I was curious to hear what Mike thought in that regard.

Question for you ZAMson, if I may. It seems Disc Nation is in fact a single nation supplier. Any chance of a Skul or Dozer stamped P Volt coming to Canada? Not a biggy, but I'd buy one.

Something I found with my N Volt was that I could put a pretty good snap on it with just a touch of hyzer and get a nice straight line - but it faded a bit more on the end than I could wish for at times. I was in the market for perhaps something with similar or a hair better HSS, but with slightly less fade. Impossible? Consensus was a Champ TL or a DX Teebird. This P Volt seems to have the HSS notched up, but from your vids Mike it seems to carry a fair amount of bonus fade to go along with it. Is this just an all around more stable version? I will try one anyways, but I may still be in the market for a laser pointer.

It is more overstable all around. For me, the N Volts require a slight hyzer release for dead straight shots while P Volts do it with a flatter release. Either way if you're trying to throw a driver on that straight of a line you need to keep it low.

Just preordered a proton volt. I lost my trusty N volt yesterday thinking it would flip in a 20mph crosswind.........NOPE, it went straight into the **** that I was purposely throwing it at. MVP, I know this was my fault but damn, your discs are good.

Just preordered a proton volt. I lost my trusty N volt yesterday thinking it would flip in a 20mph crosswind.........NOPE, it went straight into the **** that I was purposely throwing it at. MVP, I know this was my fault but damn, your discs are good.

I assume you might want to buy another Neutron to pair with it.. Different discs it sounds like.

A River is capable of going dead straight for a long way on a hyzer flip. They will even skip forward about 10-15 feet. And it is good. Sure if you don't hit your line, you might be in trouble, but that's the name of the game...

Just pre-ordered my Proton Volt today!! Very excited to get thing in the mail.. Also got a new Eclipse Mini. $20 for the two on Community Discs.. What a deal! Very excited for these two! Hope to put the Volt in right next to my go-to Neutron!

A River is capable of going dead straight for a long way on a hyzer flip. They will even skip forward about 10-15 feet. And it is good. Sure if you don't hit your line, you might be in trouble, but that's the name of the game...

lol try to hit that hyzer flip every time.. not going to happen.

Its easier to throw a midrange flat and straight

Actually hyzer flip is my most consistent throw, hence the heavy use of amps and tangents, and the disc that got me there........GL River. I wouldn't say everytime it was perfect but I could get in the circle from 250-280' with a river on most throws with a hyzer flip. ****, I could hyzer flip it 350' with a bit more umph because of that amazing glide

Hyzer flips are very consistent. I find that if you're off a few degrees of hyzer, you're shot won't be as affected as if you're off a few degrees on a flat shot and accidentally throw hyzer or anhyzer. But maybe that's just personal preference.

There are discs I like to throw flat and discs I hyzer flip. I'd hyzer flip a Neutron Volt but probably throw the Proton flat, for instance.

Hyzer flips are very consistent. I find that if you're off a few degrees of hyzer, you're shot won't be as affected as if you're off a few degrees on a flat shot and accidentally throw hyzer or anhyzer. But maybe that's just personal preference.

There are discs I like to throw flat and discs I hyzer flip. I'd hyzer flip a Neutron Volt but probably throw the Proton flat, for instance.

I agree with you there. My hyzer flip throws are much more consistent even if I'm a few degrees off. I notice the largest variance in throws when I'm going for a purely flat throw. I guess something about my form makes it easier for me to flip it.

Latest posts