• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Proton Volt

Nah youtube needs to quit blocking videos with music from mobile. I just dont get it, you can view those on a PC but not a phone, makes no sense.

About to save a mobile version when I get home, post it soon.

I'm getting similar D with enhanced predictability. I figured Neutrons would be longer but these get surprisingly far.

There's room for both in your bag without really overlapping...and if you don't like the Volt someone will take it off your hands quick in the MP

I made a large order of proton volts.. As soon as I have them I will sell them for $14 shipped if anyone is interested. Pre order will get then on release day or the day after depending on release conditions

How do proton volts compare to the 1st run shocks. I know there was overlap between the volt and the 1st runs. Could this be the the potential replacement for the 1st run shock fans?

My FR Shocks flew like a Neutron Volt with a beefier fade, so I would say yes. The new Volts have a beefier high speed stability.

I plan to carry two Proton Volts and a seasoned Neutron for now. I see these new Protons being my go to drivers. Just ordered a few for field work / backups etc.

Just for comparison sake here is what my Neutron Volts flew like the first day I tried them.

Fun comparison.

Watching this makes me feel really good about where my putting is at this year.

Any word on how the proton volts are performing in the wind?

Good, they are a lot more predictable in the HSS area. In the first video I posted there is a 425' shot towards the wood with a strong right to left wind, and it cruised forward on a tight S curve, and a 390' shot over water with a stiff left to right wind where it flipped up and track right for more the flight, then faded out nicely towards the end of the flight. They require much less precision with power levels and hyzer angles to hold their line in headwinds and crosswinds.

My fellow noodle armed MVP throwers,

I have an amp... Thing goes on a rope about 280-300. I throw it with some hyzer cause that's just what my arm. When I've given it some air and tried throwing straight it S curves (before hitting a tree :D so idk how far those go)

My question. What will the Volt do in my hands?

Thanks

volts will fly much straighter and at that range flexing an amp I would say the volt may even act a little bit over-stable. Volt will hold a hyzer line, flat line with small fade, anny line for 350-400' and be consistent for a high power thrower.

My fellow noodle armed MVP throwers,

I have an amp... Thing goes on a rope about 280-300. I throw it with some hyzer cause that's just what my arm. When I've given it some air and tried throwing straight it S curves (before hitting a tree :D so idk how far those go)

My question. What will the Volt do in my hands?

Thanks

I have the same arm as you. The Volt will be stable/overstable. You probably won't be able to turn it at that distance at all. It'll go straight, then start to fade 2/3 of the way through the flight. Even for us noodle arms, the Volt can be a versatile driver, and I think it'll complement your Amp nicely.

The volt has been responsible for cleaning up my form this season. I was throwing frequently off plane and with too much strain and effort. I could still throw the volt well but by using it a bunch and observing it's turn I have improved much on FH and BH form and am throwing it even better. I can still rip on it to get a 400-420 ft s turn but I have got much better at rehearsing and throwing an intended distance less than that using this disc as a litmus. I'm excited to have the Protons on the market and it will be my first respite from a long moratorium on buying discs. luckily I have some script so I can try to keep it clean. I really like the idea of not buying discs which I have achieved lately after likely spending thousands on discs so far in the years b4 that. MVP makes this tough by constantly releasing sweet stuff but that's why I'm glad to have disc credit from am payouts and products which I know are worth it.

I split a half order of 32 discs from MVP a few months ago and have been loving being satisfied with my discs. Having discs with solid backups which will fly the same and a nice lineup overall takes all the stress out of disc selection for me.

Last edited:

Latest posts