• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Relay

For those of you that like the Relay for similar reasons, what are you throwing as a controllable "distance" driver?

My step up from the Relay is the Impulse. I don't throw the faster molds; I tried them and just can't get down with it. So, my fastest discs are my control drivers. (I keep the Orbital around for giggles. That's the only faster mold I can get to really fly.) I can shape lines with the Impulse in the same fashion that I can with the Relay.

For those of you that like the Relay for similar reasons, what are you throwing as a controllable "distance" driver? Vanish, Insanity? Wave? I'm curious. I think I've probably discounted MVP/Axiom understable stuff but I think I might like understable gyro

I can answer this now. I've only had one round with my Relay but the Insanity reminds me of it the most. I could see the Wave but I haven't thrown a Wave that was as controllable as this Relay is. I have a P Wave that is a little more stable and not as glidey and a more similar Plasma Wave that doesn't like to fight back as much.

The Relay is a surgeon's scalpel for sure. Any old school, hyzer flip everything player would love this disc. Just pop it and it floats to wherever you send it. I was actually a little surprised how resistant to turning and burning it is and it fought out of an anny on me a couple of times, that's what I get for throwing Signals first. Yeah, I don't think it will overlap with the Signal at all as my uber-flippy trick shot disc unless it loses considerable stability as it seasons. I can see how the Relay knocks Craves out of bags. The only reason why I might keep the Crave in the bag is for dead straight tunnels I want to power through with better HSS.

i throw insanity right now, if they discontinued it i would throw the relay.

ive also seen aim hyzer it. its like a good old sidewinder. workable and flexible.

if you were to throw only one fairway i would choose the relay.

Wow this thread has been quiet for a while. I guess everyone stopped throwing Relays.

Mine has made a bit of a comeback in my shot selection, even though it never left the bag. It's just so good at hyzer flips and turnovers anywhere between 50% and 80% power. Great disc.

Wow this thread has been quiet for a while. I guess everyone stopped throwing Relays.

I hope people are still throwing them. Really good first driver.

Mine got too flippy. Was looking for a BH hyzer flip fairway for lasers. Working the Zombee in for that spot right now.

Mine has made a bit of a comeback in my shot selection, even though it never left the bag. It's just so good at hyzer flips and turnovers anywhere between 50% and 80% power. Great disc.

I think its more that people are just using the main MVP thread recently...

I hope people are still throwing them. Really good first driver.

Mine got too flippy. Was looking for a BH hyzer flip fairway for lasers. Working the Zombee in for that spot right now.

It's definitely be little too flippy to be the best laser disc. You can get a laser flight with the perfect hyzer, but that Relay likes to go right! Fortunately, that's exactly what I want from it... some trustworthy turn without needing to get a really strong rip. At the same time, it doesn't turn and burn like, say, a beat DX Leo or a flippy Diamond.

Picked up the relay per someone's suggestion in another thread here. It is now my longest disc despite being classified as 6 speed. Thrown with just the right amount of hyzer and power it flips up to flat and glides forever. So glad I decided to give it a chance. I know no one here is going to believe me but I threw a 400' standstill downhill with it yesterday which is my longest throw to date. ( 100' past the basket btw, got a double bogey) Wish they made it in more plastics. Hoping to pick up up a few more for field work.

Picked up the relay per someone's suggestion in another thread here. It is now my longest disc despite being classified as 6 speed. Hoping to pick up up a few more for field work.

Finding your speed is so important with drivers. A Servo might be a really good fit as a more stable compliment to your Relay.

On most days my Valkyrie (speed 9) is my longest driver FH or BH. Some days I do well ripping into my Wraiths but usually the 9's are my spot.

Speed 9 used to be my sweet spot as well and probably still is if I really want to unload on it but with the relay I don't have to use much effort which is nice. I was looking at the servo but also thinking about adding the kaxe/kaxe z back into my bag to compliment the relay.

Picked up the relay per someone's suggestion in another thread here. It is now my longest disc despite being classified as 6 speed. Thrown with just the right amount of hyzer and power it flips up to flat and glides forever. So glad I decided to give it a chance. I know no one here is going to believe me but I threw a 400' standstill downhill with it yesterday which is my longest throw to date. ( 100' past the basket btw, got a double bogey) Wish they made it in more plastics. Hoping to pick up up a few more for field work.

I totally believe that - I'm new to the Relay but took it out for field work and threw it ~ 400 on a deep hyzerflip - it goes far for sure. I like that it is easily controlled for how US it can fly - I tried a Switch but actually like the Relay more still. I do hope they make it in a more stable option IE: glow or Proton or FX or whatever, but yeah Relay is a surprising disc and awesome for lil tomahawk out of trouble throws

I totally believe that - I'm new to the Relay but took it out for field work and threw it ~ 400 on a deep hyzerflip - it goes far for sure. I like that it is easily controlled for how US it can fly - I tried a Switch but actually like the Relay more still. I do hope they make it in a more stable option IE: glow or Proton or FX or whatever, but yeah Relay is a surprising disc and awesome for lil tomahawk out of trouble throws

If/when Axiom get around to making discs in that class, the disc on the OS side of the relay will be interesting...

I'm looking forward to throwing this especially if it's anything like a Cheetah, but I'm having a hard time imagining it in the bag between the Inspire and Theory.