• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Shock

So the shock is supposed to be more stable then the volt right? Why does inbound show it with less hss?

What is true? Is it more stable or less?

Hearing about the stability variances between the MVP drivers, I guess you could pick up an Amp and it could fly more stable than some Shocks.

turso said:
Hearing about the stability variances between the MVP drivers, I guess you could pick up an Amp and it could fly more stable than some Shocks.

I own 6 Amps and they are all about the same. They turn for a while and then fade back slightly at the end.

On the other hand, the Shock doesnt turn at all for me, it will briefly flip a little but no real turn. and harder fade than a Volt, and certainly much harder fade than an Amp.

I think the first run Amps had some issues, i did have one that didnt want to turn or hold a turn at all, it was a white one. Ever since they have been consistent for me.

The Amp is the only disc i dont use regularly from MVP, i find the river to fit my turining fairway slot better.

pask2155 said:
So the shock is supposed to be more stable then the volt right? Why does inbound show it with less hss?

What is true? Is it more stable or less?

According to our data sources (one of which is the MVP tester data), the Shock has more high speed turn than the Volt, but more low speed fade. Based on those throwers in the know, it's supposed to be fairly similar to an EL and somewhere between these:

Eagle • Shock • Orion LF • Polaris LF

Thats crazy because on the mvp website they say its supposed to have less turn then the volt. Lol

Well gott shock in the mail and I didn't have a ton of time with it. It was windy and cold yesterday.

But for me it can't handle head winds very well at all. Which is the biggest disappointment of the disc. Because that's and MVP still doesn't have an overstable disc for headwinds.

For me I couldn't tell much of a different between this an the volt. Only different I saw was shock was a touch more lss. But again in my opinion who cares if its still a flippy a curving disc.

MVP has refined their driver molding and they sent me two new shocks (my originals were floppy) and they are flying like good over stable PDs.

discspeed said:
MVP has refined their driver molding and they sent me two new shocks (my originals were floppy) and they are flying like good over stable PDs.

Sounds nice, I've been meaning to try these. Do they ever have anything under 160g in their line-up?

JHern said:
discspeed said:

Sounds nice, I've been meaning to try these. Do they ever have anything under 160g in their line-up?

I've not seen anything that light yet. I believe they want to master consistency in the weights they are working with before doing some heavy experiment with weight.

discspeed said:
JHern said:
discspeed said:

I've not seen anything that light yet. I believe they want to master consistency in the weights they are working with before doing some heavy experiment with weight.

The lightest MVP fairways i have is 166g

The Shock is replacing my PDs. It has similar speed (maybe like .25 slower) and range with a flight that only some of the nicest PDs are capable of. It's great in the wind and more dependable than pretty much any other non-meathook disc I can think of when thrown with anny. Considering also what a PITA it has been to keep a stock of my favorite PDs I'm ecstatic that MVP has created(and fixed) the Shock.

Latest posts