• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Shock

Put some lead tape on edge of light FB's rim and see how it flies :)

Anyway I am excited for Shock and I think they will come up with true OS (wind fighter) fairway driver (as well mid/putter aka Zone/Gator/Drone) before moving to new line (i.e. distance drivers).

I find the Gyro properties of the MVP discs fight the wind more regardless.. The gyro just makes it fight turn/fade more that other discs, therefor it should fight wind more.

I dont think you need Boss or XXX over stable in order to fight wind with the GYRO tech

I find the Gyro properties of the MVP discs fight the wind more regardless.. The gyro just makes it fight turn/fade more that other discs, therefor it should fight wind more.

I dont think you need Boss or XXX over stable in order to fight wind with the GYRO tech

Huh?
I dont think the gyro does what you think it does

I'm waiting for a Mike C video to see how these things reallly fly for him compared to the Volt.

Huh?
I dont think the gyro does what you think it does

I don't think the gyro does what you think it does. My understanding of it is that the gyro makes flight straighter, possibly more so in the high speed portion of flight than low speed.

My impression has always been that MVP discs and their GYRO technology have always maybe the discs hold whatever line I released them on longer. That can be a hyzer, straight or anhyzer release. Whatever they get on, they keep flying on that line longer for me. When I get them spinning and up to speed properly.

BUT, I am a mediocre noodle-arm, and definitely NOT a scientist. NOR do I stay at Holiday Inns.

Gyroscopics keep the disc on a plane and its wing oriented for optimal flight. The wing shape is the train conductor... that shape cutting fast through air is what gives the disc most of its flight character. All flying discs thrive on gyroscopics, because that's what turns our spinning frisbees into a techy aircraft wing.

GYRO(tm) boosts the inherent gyroscopics with a weighted rim.
The end effect of boosting gyroscopics is that your train conductor, the wing of the disc, stays oriented for optimal flight for a longer period of time.

If the wing is your train conductor, GYRO keeps him awake longer, taking the train farther down the tracks before he falls asleep and crashes the whole thing.

Yeah, that.

Gyroscopics keep the disc on a plane and its wing oriented for optimal flight. The wing shape is the train conductor... that shape cutting fast through air is what gives the disc most of its flight character. All flying discs thrive on gyroscopics, because that's what turns our spinning frisbees into a techy aircraft wing.

GYRO(tm) boosts the inherent gyroscopics with a weighted rim.
The end effect of boosting gyroscopics is that your train conductor, the wing of the disc, stays oriented for optimal flight for a longer period of time.

If the wing is your train conductor, GYRO keeps him awake longer, taking the train farther down the tracks before he falls asleep and crashes the whole thing.

That's what I said. Minus the whole train conductor thing. :D

Thanks.

YAY!! i like stories!!

Can you tell the one about how the GYRO train conductor drove into a windy snow storm?? what did he do!!

YAY!! i like stories!!

Can you tell the one about how the GYRO train conductor drove into a windy snow storm?? what did he do!!
He threw the specially formulated fuel into the furnace, exited the cabin, inched his way to the front of the locomotive with the aide of the hoverboard, but upon hearing his lover's voice calling from several cars back, made the decision to let Marty travel back to 1985 alone, save Clara, and remain with her in 1885.

I don't think the gyro does what you think it does. My understanding of it is that the gyro makes flight straighter, possibly more so in the high speed portion of flight than low speed.

Im more addressing his statement that it made it better in the wind because of the gyro, im trying to say that is stupid and makes no sense

People dont even take 5 minutes to go to their website and read about the overmold tech... they want to be hand fed, or they just want to spout fact-less opinions and observations that have no basis in reality. :(

Glad someone like UPS has the patienct to explain it to ignorant masses. :)

Also, the overmold is the same plastic, it just has weight agent in it, to make it heavier.. thats the whole point. MORE gyroscopic effect. (now i will be flamed =/)

This was posted earlier in this thread by the same guy.

Im more addressing his statement that it made it better in the wind because of the gyro, im trying to say that is stupid and makes no sense

And I'm saying you're wrong. All other things being equal (meaning two discs of the exact same shape), the more weight a disc has further away from its center of rotation, the straighter it's gonna fly, no matter the wind. In theory the gyro should make the disc more stable. Not overstable and not understable, but stable. In other words it should hold its line better. Wind or no wind. In other words, straighter. That is what I'm trying to say.

This was posted earlier in this thread by the same guy.

Haha, yeah

Should read "im glad someone like UPS takes time out of fapping to katy perry to tell you how his semen covered hands fondle every mvp disc at gggt"

:popcorn:

I keeeed

And I'm saying you're wrong. All other things being equal (meaning two discs of the exact same shape), the more weight a disc has further away from its center of rotation, the straighter it's gonna fly, no matter the wind. In theory the gyro should make the disc more stable. Not overstable and not understable, but stable. In other words it should hold its line better. Wind or no wind. In other words, straighter. That is what I'm trying to say.

Okay, but you do understand that a headwind will make a stable disc act as if its understable, so when you say "no matter the wind" that is dumb. The wind is a huge factor in the relative stability of a disc and the flight path it will take. Its a gyro, not a laser. It doesnt just go straight until it stops.

Last edited:
Haha, yeah

Should read "im glad someone like UPS takes time out of fapping to katy perry to tell you how his semen covered hands fondle every mvp disc at gggt"

:popcorn:

I keeeed

I wish... I've had no time to fap to KP or go to GGGT due to work. 60 hour work weeks since Christmas puts a damper on everything.

Calling me stupid brings to mind your inability to explain in a more civil, educated manner why i am wrong.

I know what a Gyroscope does, it resists change in axis from the initial axis the effect was generated in. That's why when you spin a bike wheel and turn it right side up it resists any change in axis from where you set it.

From this understanding i have, i would say a more gyroscopic disc would more so resist a turn/fade caused by wind than other discs without more weight in the rim.

I'm not saying it would be completely wind resistant, but just a little more because of a larger gyro effect

Latest posts