• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Shock

So if I am reading this right zj1002, the flight is more like that of an Eagle X?

Compared to an eagle - Faster out of the hand, more distance potential

Hence why I liken it to a SOLF or MOLF

But the shape of the rim by Innova standards would be more of an L-mold. Flatish wing, rounded nose. Kind of like an EL but speed 9

I put one 500ft yesterday in a right-to-left tailwind, not ideal wind for a big distence shot

Last edited:
hmmm sounds very interesting. Not many discs out there have this sort of flight pattern.

Gotta say I may have a spot for this. I didn't like the volt because the Saint did what I needed the Volt for, but the shock may be between the Saint and the Firebird for me... Damn I spend too much on discs!

I may end up getting a couple max weight ones and bag one as a wind fighting driver.

To be honest, it is not a wind fighting disc. It will turn in 15mph+ and the shape of the disc to me doesn't make it a wind fighter. Discs can be stable and not wind fighters. There are OLFs that fight wind, and other runs that roll. This version of the Shock is built for stable course control, not wind. The freaky stable Volts are not wind fighters either, well not open field wind

I see what you're saying ZJ.

For me, an overstable disc suits my noodle arm in the wind. The Shock may not be built as a wind fighter specifically, but it could serve that purpose in my bag. I also throw lighter drivers, so a heavy Shock should be good enough, since I don't throw anything higher speed than the Amp, or Volt anyway.

Hey, I'm really just trying to justify my next disc purchase. :D

Yeah lol, if you came into DN I would probably of let you believe it's a FB. When people get discs in their hands they usually convince themselves it will work

While I am testing these for Disc Nation, I do so knowing my reviews will/can sway sales. I chose my words carefully, but I try to stay honest with my findings. I try to learn the benefits of a disc and share with you all why and where I feel it might fit in your bag. If I came in and bashed it because I expected a wind fighter I feel I would be doing a disserve to DN, MVP and DGCR. I can't ever expect a disc to do anything, despite what manufactures say it will do. I have to find out what the disc was designed to do, not what I need

Last edited:
Thanks for the info zj! Much appreciated. I was expecting it to be a wind fighter disc. I've got two on pre-order. I'll see if she fits!

Idk but this is kind of funny. "Here's our overstable disc, except its not that overstable, unless you're a noodle arm".

MVP never used the word "overstable" in their description of the Shock.

Any higher speed disc will be more stable/overstable for us noodle arms. That is not exclusive to MVP.

Too late to edit. MVP says it is their slightly overstable fairway driver.

Anyway...what I said above still holds true.

Understand my definition of overstable is different.

Take a look at Lat64, they market a lot of their straight stable discs as overstable. It just happens to be the best way to help people understand how it flies before they buy. For most people it will be slightly overstable. For me the stability is only present at the end of the flight, which is a unique quality in a disc.

MVP isn't making your usual type of disc that needs seasoning. They are giving you molds that you know you can pick up off the shelf and they are ready to be controlled.

To be fair here, the Disc Nation salesman in me was very reluctant to admit that the Shock won't be a true overstable mold :D

Last edited:
Take a look at Lat64, they market a lot of their straight stable discs as overstable. :D

Saint is marketed as an over stable control driver. The two I have are anything but over stable, in fact they fly more like roadrunners. We can speculate all we want, but until you get the shock in hand you won't really know. I'm putting my money on consistency with MVP. I'm stoked to try this thing out.

Exactly, it's best to understand that these discs are marketed to the masses not DGCR despite mvps heavy loyalty here

Yeah lol, if you came into DN I would probably of let you believe it's a FB. When people get discs in their hands they usually convince themselves it will work

While I am testing these for Disc Nation, I do so knowing my reviews will/can sway sales. I chose my words carefully, but I try to stay honest with my findings. I try to learn the benefits of a disc and share with you all why and where I feel it might fit in your bag. If I came in and bashed it because I expected a wind fighter I feel I would be doing a disserve to DN, MVP and DGCR. I can't ever expect a disc to do anything, despite what manufactures say it will do. I have to find out what the disc was designed to do, not what I need
Youre like, some kind of, anti-discspeed
:popcorn:

Latest posts