• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tensor new overstable mid

Yeah, it's a good straight to fade workhorse for sure. It's another decent mid in a sea of mids but I think it's easily overshadowed by the greats. Maybe if I had a cannon and could throw over 440' consistently I'd appreciate it more. But then I'm inclined to think I'd really just appreciate the wasp even more.

I've always like my Tensor more than my Vector, but I bought a used Vector and probably am not seeing all that it can do. Mine is barely more stable than an Axis. The other reason is, I rarely need long mids. The Tensor is sorta like my Suspect, and find way more uses for that kind of disc on the courses I play.

I have seen a few bit about this but nothing in detail. To me it looks like the Tenson is like a Zone. I have a zone and use it for skip shots. Is it similar or interchangeable?

Tensor is faster and doesnt have as hard of LSS. If you wanted a longer type zone disc it would work but i wouldn't consider them interchangeable at all. Tensor is a unique weird disc to me tho never liked it much.

Unique for sure, and worth a try. My Tensor has a pair of aces on it despite being thrown only once in every 4-5 rounds. It's a disc that you'll either love or hate but I don't know too many people who consider it a mainstay.

edit: I forgot to mention, I carry both a Zone and a Tensor. The Zone definitely doesn't carry as far as the Tensor, and it gets more use because of that.

Last edited:
I haven't thrown a Tensor yet, but I've heard several people compare it to the Verdict. Considering the Verdict is one of the most popular of DD's lineup, why doesn't the Tensor get that same love? Is it slower? Not as HSS? Or maybe a feel thing?

I've always like my Tensor more than my Vector, but I bought a used Vector and probably am not seeing all that it can do. Mine is barely more stable than an Axis. The other reason is, I rarely need long mids. The Tensor is sorta like my Suspect, and find way more uses for that kind of disc on the courses I play.

The Vector is for me a lot like my Roc3. Similar straight flight with fade/dump at end. I haven't tried the Tensor, but from I've seen and read it's more overstable. Perhaps like a Gator or Cro?

Tensor is a notch up in the hss compared to the Vector. I love the Verdict and it's what I'm sticking with but even after that affair started I picked up a Tensor anyway after seeing Mike's videos. The rim is a little weird but it doesn't feel bad in the hand. For me, it took more effort to get the same distance that the Verdict was giving me, and the Verdict feels perfect in the hand, so it won. Tensor definitely has great true 0 hss. Most definitely not a Zone, quite a bit faster.

Tensor is a notch up in the hss compared to the Vector. I love the Verdict and it's what I'm sticking with but even after that affair started I picked up a Tensor anyway after seeing Mike's videos. The rim is a little weird but it doesn't feel bad in the hand. For me, it took more effort to get the same distance that the Verdict was giving me, and the Verdict feels perfect in the hand, so it won. Tensor definitely has great true 0 hss. Most definitely not a Zone, quite a bit faster.

Main reason I haven't picked one up is the Verdict and Envy. If I need more distance, the Verdict gets the nod, less and the Envy covers it. I can't see how the Tensor would fit in between the two.

It doesnt. Lol from emacs verdict throwa/reviews they are very similar and if i remeber right share similar profiles.

I can't justify bagging any of these putter-mids from MVP, like Tensor/Tangent/Alias...easier to just go from true mid to putter.

Could anyone here make a direct comparison between a Tensor and a Wasp? Someone with experience throwing those two molds.

Could anyone here make a direct comparison between a Tensor and a Wasp? Someone with experience throwing those two molds.

I'd say the Wasp has a bit more LSS and a little less HSS with more glide.

Both are infinitely better discs than the Wolf. :|

Lulz. ^

Yeah, I felt my wasp had more hss and lss, but then I am really a prick when I pick out my discs. I went to several stores and picked the flattest, highest plh z wasp I could find. I'm sure there are variations for both. My three tensors were straight to fade. They are very similar discs, but I think the wasp is a bit beefier.

Neither mold is going to have any turn out of the box.

Yeah, I felt my wasp had more hss and lss, but then I am really a prick when I pick out my discs. They are very similar discs, but I think the wasp is a bit beefier.

You're that guy huh?

So many OS Mid options, I was just curious. I'm probably right on with my Wasp. Might revisit the BuzzzOS again but I remember it being much harder to control.

I have been testing a Tensor and I am really digging it. Handles a nice headwind well and yet it isn't overly beefy in calm/tailwind conditions. It sits in between Wasp and Buzzz but much closer to Wasp. I love my Wasp and Buzzz combo but the tensor might find its way in the bag.

The Tensor definitely fades less than I thought it would. But it can handle power. As others have said, Wasp probably is a little more HSS and LSS but not by much. Very comparable discs it seems.

So many OS Mid options, I was just curious. I'm probably right on with my Wasp. Might revisit the BuzzzOS again but I remember it being much harder to control.

Buzz OS is Wasps beefier cousin. I use it for gale force headwinds. And it does a LOT of heavy lifting for me on very windy days. I drive with it and approach with it to fight the wind. You can depend on it to fade even with the strongest of conditions. I bag a Wasp for headwinds and days that are windy but not hurricane windy. And I bag a Buzzz for calm conditions and shorter drives that I know I must power down and control. I'm currently looking for something between a Wasp and Buzzz but closer to Buzzz. And again, the Tensor is closer to the Wasp.

Last edited:
This is a double-reply.

1. Proton Plastic:
I'm sure the Tensor is only in one plastic due to its lack of popularity. I'm positive it is their worst seller. I like that MVP favors releasing new molds over old molds in new plastics. Maybe there will be an Electron Tensor. If that was the first Electron mid I'm sure it would get some more people to give this great disc a try.

2. Wasp comparison: (I recognize I'm disagreeing with Mike M a bit.)
I like to say a Vector is a Wasp with less fade so comparing to a Tensor is a bit of a jump for me. I would put the Tensor between a Wasp and Drone both speed and stability. The Tensor is a bit slower and more overstable than a Wasp but does have some good glide which the very overstable Drone lacks.

If you haven't handled a Tensor just know it's going to feel different in your hand. It almost feels like a 45 degree angle on the wing. Very noticeable the first time you pick it up when you're expecting something very concave (on the outside) since it's an overstable disc. It's not a bad feeling. Just different.

The Tensor is one of my favorite discs and the only MVP disc I'm currently throwing. If you like overstable mids that are hard to turn over and you do want some decent glide I can't recommend the Tensor highly enough. I just wish MVP would keep a better supply of heavy ones. It seems like I'm always seeing them in the 160's rather than 170's.

I hope this helps someone out.

Latest posts