• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tensor new overstable mid

so i bought a tensor to give it a second chance.

at full power it's very straight and gets decent distance with a very forward fade. it's not bad, really. definitely a long disc for how HSS it is. not a hint of turn. but that's not what i bought it for at all. i was really hoping for a stable/overstable slot, not really HSS with a small fade. don't really know what to do with it. had hoped it would fill a role as my powered down OS approach disc and stable/overstable workhorse at launch speed.

then again, it wasn't windy today. maybe it's better in the wind than i expect, but i doubt it considering how straight it is.

^The next step up in overstability is the Resistor. Have you tried that one out?

so i bought a tensor to give it a second chance.

at full power it's very straight and gets decent distance with a very forward fade. it's not bad, really. definitely a long disc for how HSS it is. not a hint of turn. but that's not what i bought it for at all. i was really hoping for a stable/overstable slot, not really HSS with a small fade. don't really know what to do with it. had hoped it would fill a role as my powered down OS approach disc and stable/overstable workhorse at launch speed.

then again, it wasn't windy today. maybe it's better in the wind than i expect, but i doubt it considering how straight it is.
Not that I've thrown a lot of other OS mids to compare with, but the Tensor is very resistant to wind. It was the only mid to hold a hyzer in mega gusty winds one day in an open field. Was winter with snow on the ground hard enough to walk on top of. Gusting at least 35 mph. The Theory wasn't out yet but those winds made my Vector fly like one and my Axis like a Tursas. Tensor held strong and made a lasting impression on me. It also remains the only mid I can consistently flick well. The weight was 175. Now I bag a 167g for a little more carry.

I know, but it is VERY much at home, powered down as one. (Not sure if you like powering down short fairways)

It's a good bit more OS than the Tensor though, so if that's what you need, it could suit you well.

I'd like to see MVP eventually come out with a Relay class overstable disc, that's between the Resistor and Tensor.

Not that I've thrown a lot of other OS mids to compare with, but the Tensor is very resistant to wind. It was the only mid to hold a hyzer in mega gusty winds one day in an open field. Was winter with snow on the ground hard enough to walk on top of. Gusting at least 35 mph. The Theory wasn't out yet but those winds made my Vector fly like one and my Axis like a Tursas. Tensor held strong and made a lasting impression on me. It also remains the only mid I can consistently flick well. The weight was 175. Now I bag a 167g for a little more carry.

Mine is 173 I believe and my rocs are about that weight too. They started that looooonnnnng pretty fade sooner.

I'll keep it around, but frankly unless it turns out to somehow fight the wind like yours did, it's outta here. My z comet is better as a workhorse. Will have to wait for a windy day, I guess.

I definitely reach for my Vector most of the time, but when the up is short and I need it to fade quick and hard or the wind is nuts it's the Tensor

Might it be accurate to say that tensors have more variance than any other current runs of mvp/axiom out there? Or am I really going to be surprised by this straight flying mid on a windy day?

I don't think there's much variance. Most all the reports I've heard about have matched yours, as well as my own experiences: straight to slight fade, lots of HSS relative to not a lot of LSS. I'm not sure if it's a true wind killer, though it does more than hold its own especially relative to its stability.

I think true overstable mid is one of MVP/Axiom's biggest gaps right now.

I don't think there's much variance. Most all the reports I've heard about have matched yours, as well as my own experiences: straight to slight fade, lots of HSS relative to not a lot of LSS. I'm not sure if it's a true wind killer, though it does more than hold its own especially relative to its stability.

I think true overstable mid is one of MVP/Axiom's biggest gaps right now.

The flat tops and lighter weights dont have strong LSS. Most of the tensors i ended up with were flat though. Really like a pink one with slight dome which wasnt just a straight low glide mid. I find more lateral fade from a vector due to its increased speed and glide.

I would like to see them make a zone like mold vs a true OS mid.

For me the Tensor is the kind of disc that once you 'get it' you realize how useful it can be. You can really rip on it and not worry about it turning, works well for FH, tight S shots, and it powers down great. I know it won't ever win a popularity contest but I love mine and reach for it when I need a short FH up or when I need it to finish right (LHBH) You don't have to worry about it running too far past the basket. It's a trustworthy disc for me and I really dig the feel.

after some extensive testing in the fields today, tensor is really good but not what i'm looking for overall. my wasp has more HSS and a glidey low speed fade that still gets some good lateral distance, plus goes farther which matches better with the long flight of the anode.

good disc though for sure.

I have yet to throw a Wasp, but my Tensor is shorter and straighter than my Ti Drone. I bought the Tensor, Drone and M1 all in the same order to find the most beef on a mid I could. The Drone won hands down. I liked the Tensor, but there was no reason to carry it when I had a Drone, an Element X and a Roc3 in my bag.

Latest posts