• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

I meant that I actually like the fission volts at 165 G they were fantastic until the wind started blowing. That was when I decided that volt should probably be closer to full weight and maybe I'd try the Tesla

I meant that I actually like the fission volts at 165 G they were fantastic until the wind started blowing. That was when I decided that volt should probably be closer to full weight and maybe I'd try the Tesla

Starting to mess with Volt again. My history with them is vague and not very long.

Red Neutron Volt - incredibly overstable. Couldn't get it to fly. Bye.
Bendy James Volt - straight flyer the pronounced fade. Curious.
Plasma Volt (Gyro 2021 pack) - like it - longer than Bendy James but same flight.
Fission Volt 167gm - like it - longer again than Plasma, but feels like a bit of tissue paper in a breeze. Need to spend more time with it.

You have me thinking about Tesla's now.

Starting to mess with Volt again. My history with them is vague and not very long.

Red Neutron Volt - incredibly overstable. Couldn't get it to fly. Bye.
Bendy James Volt - straight flyer the pronounced fade. Curious.
Plasma Volt (Gyro 2021 pack) - like it - longer than Bendy James but same flight.
Fission Volt 167gm - like it - longer again than Plasma, but feels like a bit of tissue paper in a breeze. Need to spend more time with it.

You have me thinking about Tesla's now.

Haha if that happens go plasma tesla, there are similar inconsistencies.... The 155 fizz tesla from way back is amazing, new ones are meaty. Old plasmas meaty but new ones are nice... but catch me somewhere else haha...

Old volts are f#####n amazing, one of the greatest shaper ever made!!! I like a nice stable shaper, the volts kind of eagle and teebird all in one disc. I haven't tried a plasma though other than that domey.

I really liked the fission volt and was investing heavy in backups from the good older fission, pre-pandemic fission. Pretty much 165 ish. The volt is designed to be heavy. I'd love to be throwing my 172 FR volt but even as beat as it is I'm just not getting it up to speed enough. My knees are dying and I don't have the lower snap I used to. I can make it work but not make magic.

I like your tissue paper comment, totally accurate! I got fired up one summer season on em, got those fission volts made magic all summer. Pulled em out in some strong winds expecting the FR neutron resistance.. I got pounded.

Yes, I think I like the Plasma Volt the best of my four. Pulled a Proton (I think) Volt yesterday in the Gyro 22 pack, so that will be interesting.

Really enjoying the Terra, which seems very close to the Volt with my power. They end up very close to each other, but take slightly different paths to get there. Decisions.

Yes, I think I like the Plasma Volt the best of my four. Pulled a Proton (I think) Volt yesterday in the Gyro 22 pack, so that will be interesting.

Really enjoying the Terra, which seems very close to the Volt with my power. They end up very close to each other, but take slightly different paths to get there. Decisions.

James Conrad's fall 2022 in the bag was kind of interesting in that he had a few points of indecision that he probably needs to work out. Terra/volt is one of those points and I'm starting to see this as my terra beats in a little bit. I think James bags the virus for the really undertsable stuff so having s flippy volt might not be as useful to him.

I'm on the fence too. With wind I always reach for the Terra. But no wind and I'm looking for the volt more. I could probably live with one or the other. If I do have to choose I'd probably chose the terra

I bought a 170g Electron Volt last spring that turned out to be incredibly overstable. I bag it as a utility disc, and for teeshots into very strong headwinds. My experience with that one disc has me not looking for any more Volts...

Has anyone thrown the 10th anniversary volts? The bendy James are decently OS and a bit dumpy until they beat in quite a bit. I'm curious if the 10th Anny volts are more true to numbers

Bought an electron volt, and it in my wheelhouse! Stable enough to rip it, but it will show if I put accidental anhyzer or release to the right.

Plasma I tried was too meat hookey and I didn't keep dating it because it was going to get me back into the habit of coming over the top on drives and having issues with less stable discs.

But hey, that electron be just about right. Not thrilled about lower durability, though it seems interchangeable with my proton insanity. So now I have two discs in my possession that I like for stable distance... I'm kinda picky about this slot and have to find that goldilocks disc. Rim not too wide, enough glide, not too OS, but can fight SOME wind

I have an Eclipse 1.0 Volt that has been in the bag for a couple of seasons, and I don't think it has changed very much, it's still suitably stable. I'm considering swapping it out for a new proton Volt (if it performs like the old one), because the new Volt is clearly more grippy. I wonder why. Has Proton plastic changed, is it a wear thing, or what? How is Proton ageing for you experienced gyronauts?

I have an Eclipse 1.0 Volt that has been in the bag for a couple of seasons, and I don't think it has changed very much, it's still suitably stable. I'm considering swapping it out for a new proton Volt (if it performs like the old one), because the new Volt is clearly more grippy. I wonder why. Has Proton plastic changed, is it a wear thing, or what? How is Proton ageing for you experienced gyronauts?

New Volts might be a bit more stable than your Eclipse 1.0. They retooled the molds when then brought everything in house last year and said they adjusted the Volt back to where they originally intended it to be. Most people have found that to mean they're more stable than the Patent Pending Volts were. I tend to agree. My 163 Fission Volt after a few months of use has now beat into about the same flight as my beat-in 173 Patent Pending Neutron Volt.

My newest Volt is the second most OS one I've got, just a tick less stable than the Terra. It shows a touch of turn and the fade is a bit later.

My newest Volt is the second most OS one I've got, just a tick less stable than the Terra. It shows a touch of turn and the fade is a bit later.

This is why I don't even want to buy a 10 year volt. I have a stag and volt in my bag (fission 162g) and while the numbers are almost identical they are so very different. The volt at full throttle is just straight with little fade where the stag has healthy turn and fade. A neutron 170g volt i have (bendy James) is similar to a terra I've beaten in a little bit. Honestly I think I like the Terra hand feel so I most likely will just roll with Terra's and stags

So I caved and got a 10 year volt. They have such a sweet stamp and my local shop had a nice blue one at 171g which is my weight for the 8 speed slot. That said I have done some side by sides with my terra, bendy james volt, and a fission volt. In all of the photos the 10 year is the blue disc on the right, just FYI

In all three cases the bottom edge of the 10 year is higher than the comparative discs. The PLH is fairly similar to the bendy james, maybe just a smidge taller. But what is interesting is how sharp the edge is in comparison to the volts and terra. Granted my volts have been used so they should be somewhat blunter. I am interested to see how it flies but I would be shocked if it did anything other than 8 5 0 2.

Attachments

• 10year vs bendy james.jpg
    10year vs bendy james.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 22
  • 10 year vs fission.jpg
    10 year vs fission.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 10 year vs terra.jpg
    10 year vs terra.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 18
Apologies in advance for three posts in a row but I did get to do some field testing with the 10 year and was a little bit surprised by it. The two bendy james volts I have are slightly beat in so not quite as dumpy or OS as they were new. I would say the 10 year volt is right about there. There is no turn in it when thrown flat (at least for me, and I was throwing the 10 year volt about 330-350' on flat ground. But it is still overstable by my standards. Probably 8 5 0 2 is accurate. I have a fission volt (161g) which I was usually pushing 350-360 on flat. That one is more of the 'rated flight' with a little less fade at the end. 8 5 -0.5 1.5

I tried to get video but the cell phone camera footage is lacking. That said, I was pleasantly surprised the 10-year volt wasn't quite as overstable as other new neutron volts I have bought recently. But it is still pretty overstable for that ~350' of distance.

Latest posts