• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

How do fission volts fly?

I'm assuming way straighter than the newer dumpy volts? Or was there a run of fission after whatever changed?

Same goes for regular neutron volts. My only experience with volts are newer protons and cosmic neutrons.

I'm not sure how the volt flies in proton or cosmic, I've always had neutrons and snagged one fission 165g.. Seems very Volt like from what I remember with my FR's but they're 5g too heavy for me these days.

I did snag a 168 cosmic neutron today with a medium dome so I'm looking forward to checking that out. Had a few shots last week at league with my fission where people were notably impressed. Little turn, reliable fade and good distance. When I had more power and less technique it was a very workable disc but it excelled at laser straight to fade, these days I ride a tight S.

Got my 168 domey cosmic volt today, got a few throws on it, almost as disappointing as a plasma tesla... meathook to the max.

I have a domey cosmic neutron Volt and it is definitely on the beefier side. It actually compliments my flatter neutron and plasma Volts nicely. I imagine an electron, plasma, and cosmic neutron Volt would be a great fairway combo that could cover a lot of shots.

I wasn't as upset with the overstability of the Cosmic Volts....it was the lack of any Glide AND the overstability that sucked.

I just got another new Proton Volt that is more flat then the ones I have seen recently. Hoping it's the disc that fits between my Raptor and patent pending Volts.

Got my 168 domey cosmic volt today, got a few throws on it, almost as disappointing as a plasma tesla... meathook to the max.

Lol as being new to the gyro this has been my experience with the couple that I've snagged.

None have been flat, and I'm ok if they're just beefy when new and need some time to break in and straighten out. These are just beefy with no carry. I've been clicking with my proton the most, it's starting to push forward a bit more before dumping.

It's probably similar to a pd type flight but doesn't get the distance of a pd.

Lol as being new to the gyro this has been my experience with the couple that I've snagged.

None have been flat, and I'm ok if they're just beefy when new and need some time to break in and straighten out. These are just beefy with no carry. I've been clicking with my proton the most, it's starting to push forward a bit more before dumping.

It's probably similar to a pd type flight but doesn't get the distance of a pd.

Yeah next one I grab will likely be fission unless I trip across another PFN mid 160's

Yeah next one I grab will likely be fission unless I trip across another PFN mid 160's

Lol I managed to track down a couple fissions…wanna think they're low 170's hoping they'd be straighter.

Nope…have the most dome and the biggest bricks of them all.

Lol I managed to track down a couple fissions…wanna think they're low 170's hoping they'd be straighter.

Nope…have the most dome and the biggest bricks of them all.

Damn good to know.. Funny enough I like the domey ones usually. Goes back to my FR's.. I have 3 with dome that were/are good, and one flat one that was a pig. I think the dome makes for a little extra hss but should increase the glide or stretch the flight. Must be the new run, typically though fission is more stable in a higher weight than a neutron of the same weight.

Bought a Cosmic Neutron Volt, 169g, expecting it to fly slightly more stable than my PFN Plasma Volt. Imagine to my surprise, a disc as overstable as my XXX. Fast forward a few weeks, buys a Cosmic Neutron Photon, 168g, expecting it to fly somewhat like my Champ Destroyer. Only to have a repeat experience. Two red Cosmic Neutron bricks... Plasma will be my plastic from now on me thinks.

So I got a new Proton Volt a few months back. I only grabbed it because it was flat. The domey ones I had threw recently were nasty overstable but I figured I would give this mold one last try....

Sure enough...this flat new run Volt flies amazingly. It is what the Volt is meant to fly like. Has glide, baby turn, and penatrates forward. It is 173g.

I recently had a 167 p Volt with dome that flew terrible...stupid Beefy with no glide.

Idk if dome makes or breaks this mold but I'm back on board with the Volt if I can find more flat ones like this. Got a new "patent pending" off ebay for cheap as another backup. I now have 4 total Volts that fly perfectly neutral with fade. Should last me a while.

Does anyone know how flat/domey the current run of plasma Volts are? Is proton still the best bet for nagging a flat Volt?

I picked up a slightly used Neutron Volt a while back. I think it might be a slightly older run, as it has the Patent Pending on the inside of the flight plate. It was pretty overstable at first, but as my arm speed has increased a bit and I've worn it in a little, it has become my favorite fairway driver (I play 90% forehand). I just ordered 2 Fission Volts, one in the same weight, which Jordan Castro says will be more OS than the Neutron I'm playing with, and one 10 grams lighter (which I'm hoping will be less stable than the Neutron). I haven't thrown them yet, but I would say they both look just a tiny bit more domey than my Neutron Volt.

Had a plasma volt I just bought in September.

Board flat, pretty beefy for me, but I don't have a cannon

No headwind could touch it, big fade and skip. Flat throws would start to hyzer half way thru flight.

Last edited:
Yeah I had a domey plasma volt, sent it to Streets, too beefy for me..

Back in the day of first runs, the flat ones were beefy and the slightly domey ones were better fliers but the dome wasn't as extreme as that one plasma. I was mostly into the fission 165's before going totally Tesla because they had a nice mild dome. (And were 10g lighter :D )

Yeah I had a domey plasma volt, sent it to Streets, too beefy for me..

Back in the day of first runs, the flat ones were beefy and the slightly domey ones were better fliers but the dome wasn't as extreme as that one plasma. I was mostly into the fission 165's before going totally Tesla because they had a nice mild dome. (And were 10g lighter :D )

I have followed you there actually, they do seem to be easier for my noodle arm to get up to speed, Even with the higher speed rating for the Tesla and Wrath. Although my board flat fission Tesla is contrary to the others, should buy another one…

Back on thread topic, my Proton Volt seems more forgiving than my plasma, and the crazy domey cosmic neutron volts in the store are probably already fading during my cross step!

Latest posts