• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My disc bag has approached the cost of my golf bag.

"I almost feel like revising this"... Almost?? LOLOLOL This guy literally cannot resist spewing his my view is the only view mindset. Oh no, someone paid a little more for a non stock stamp or something that is in high demand. Let's crucify them on discgolfcoursereview!!!!!

Someone has an opinion? And they are sharing it on the internet? The horror.

...When you're averaging more than 1000 posts a year for more than a decade, time to find something else to do than continually pollute the waters with the same old opinions and why you shouldn't be doing something...

4 posts in 28 minutes, complaining about the same person...you'll catch him in no time! :thmbup:

If disc golf cost $40-$80 each time to play...I would not spend as much on plastic/bags.

A $600 ball golf set could last you a lifetime...the costs to play regularly is what hurts.

shoot 60's? LOL.

I'd agree that the clubs don't make the player, but I know bolfers. They spend money.

And 60's? If you said 70's it might be worth considering. If you are truly a scratch golfer or better, you are pretty special. You didn't get there on a $500 set of clubs.

I feel like I never should have opened this thread.

If my bag were stolen today, I would need a minimum of 1200 dollars to replace everything jn there. (Canadian).

I dont have much fancy stuff, Combat Ranger with bladder and rain fly, disc retriever, range finder, towels/dry sacs.

Disc wise, I dont have much in the way of over msrp discs. Maybe 2, a super swirly and sexy Buzzz, and a Fierce prototype. Most of it is Fuzion/Star, I do bag a halo tb3, an AB color glow Tb3, and a Sexy Bird though, and they get up there in cost up here.

Wild to think about. But then again, in my time playing I figure I've spent about 10 times that much..... 🤦*♀️🤦*♀️🤦*♀️

An opinion? You mean the same one he spews in basically every single thread? Be smart...
Dude said absolutely nothing inflammatory, and frankly didn't seem to be as "disapproving" as you painted him as. If anything I'd say your limited contribution was far more of the "Let's crucify them on discgolfcoursereview" sort than his.

To be honest, my golf set is a bit old. I was playing a club event and I got to thinking about the money I would have to lay out if I lost the bag. If I had to replace the entire bag plus the discs, I was looking at around 750 dollars. No cart, that would make it a bit more.

Figure 150 or so for the bag, couple of Cryztal Lunas($170), 11 Time FAF Firebird($35) and a pearly 2002 Champion TL CFR($30) are the most costly and the remaining discs of which there are 19 are premium plastic which now are 18 bucks new($342). 1 Mini and couple of towels and 2 birdie bags($20).

The funny thing is I have more than one bag, running 3, the second stays in Florida, and a third is here filled with Champion/Z glow disc which I use for night play. Glow is only a month or so away.

This used to be a cheap sport(3 discs and a beer or 2) but man we/I pump a bunch into our/my addiction. Yes, I know I could buy them used a bit cheaper but think about it. Next time you step on the tee pad with 3 of you buddies, there is a couple grand in equipment being hauled a around the course with you and your buddies.

VS my original reply there are 3 separate ways to look at it. This time I looked inside to get real numbers

Replacing everything in my bag with new - $330 - Bag, 11 discs, retriever, bug spray, towel, mini

My actual cost of items in bag - $175 - Bag was given at league. Many discs were bought used.

How much would I need to spend to replace? - $0 - I have my trusty old cooler bag and enough discs to make a formidable replacement. I also don't mind playing single disc rounds.

Dude said absolutely nothing inflammatory, and frankly didn't seem to be as "disapproving" as you painted him as. If anything I'd say your limited contribution was far more of the "Let's crucify them on discgolfcoursereview" sort than his.

Did you read his posts? All three are him whining about the same thing, people spending money on discs, special stamps, or basically anything else that costs a little more than he feels is necessary. And he has posted the same literally 100's of other times, like I said, be smart.

Did you read his posts? All three are him whining about the same thing, people spending money on discs, special stamps, or basically anything else that costs a little more than he feels is necessary. And he has posted the same literally 100's of other times, like I said, be smart.
You mean the post where he said that those people choosing to spend that money is "perfectly fine"?

The post where he said: "There's nothing wrong with liking series/dig discs, and supporting your favorite players, or getting into special runs, or other limited stuff, or building a bag exclusively of this or that brand." and then said "Like so much else in this wonderful country of ours, the choice is yours."?

He's not whining about people spending money on discs, special stamps, or anything else. He's simply explaining that you don't have to. I do not see any complaints from him about people spending excessive money on something. I see him acknowledging that they have every right to do that, while making it clear that they do not have to.

i love how the guy complaining like his brother got more ice cream than he did keeps saying "be smart"

Crabapiller is that typical social media worm who feels the need to chime in negatively, contributing nothing.

So OMD shoots in the low sixties in ball golf now too.

That, in addition to being "near 1000 rated" and a 30-year veteran.

I've got it. OMD is actually Kim Jong-un.

My personal best is 66 which honestly is not that great. I've played with or actually against people who have shot 63 with old "crappy" clubs though. I once was 8 down through 13 but couldn't bring it home (think I ended up with 67 that round), did turn back into the wind the last stretch though and I was really nervous. lol

Lol....small man with small man complex. Under the impression, that the best way to make his opinions look good, is to feebly try to tear down the opinion of respected posters around him.

Why don't you start in on me or Woj or Hamp. We rarely are tolerant of internet trolls. Bogey is way out of your league, little man.

Why don't you start in on me or Woj or Hamp. We rarely are tolerant of internet trolls. Bogey is way out of your league, little man.

Yeah man, pick on somebody your own size!

RU4 is the DGCR board-nanny and he's liable to give you a massive wedgie, two Indian sunburns, a charlie horse, a titty-twister, a swirly, a noogie, and a Polish bike ride.

Latest posts