• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My disc bag has approached the cost of my golf bag.

Yeah man, pick on somebody your own size!

RU4 is the DGCR board-nanny and he's liable to give you a massive wedgie, two Indian sunburns, a charlie horse, a titty-twister, a swirly, a noogie, and a Polish bike ride.

:thmbup: Thanks man, good to know my interwebz reputation rating is tops in your book. :thmbup:

Thank you all for the lulz! :thmbup:

'twas tempting to open up a can o' whoop@ss like I did that troll a few months ago... but the Mods deleted that whole exchange. A few folks found it rather entertaining, though.

Last edited:
I just did the math. My current bag is about $400 in plastic (22 discs). That's not including the ~100 discs not currently in my bag. Some I picked up for free, most I bought at retail, a few of the collector's discs I bought at flipper prices.

When I first got into DG I never thought I'd be this deep. I remember thinking I was good with a putter and a couple drivers.

Could I have spent the money on other things, or just put it away? Yeah. But.... disc is life.

You mean the post where he said that those people choosing to spend that money is "perfectly fine"?

The post where he said: "There's nothing wrong with liking series/dig discs, and supporting your favorite players, or getting into special runs, or other limited stuff, or building a bag exclusively of this or that brand." and then said "Like so much else in this wonderful country of ours, the choice is yours."?

He's not whining about people spending money on discs, special stamps, or anything else. He's simply explaining that you don't have to. I do not see any complaints from him about people spending excessive money on something. I see him acknowledging that they have every right to do that, while making it clear that they do not have to.

LOL Thank you for proving my point. "acknowledging that they have every right" because people need to hear this? Over and over saying do it his way, you don't need to do this or that, like people need his blessing. "there's nothing wrong with liking..." LOLOLOLOL Such great comments, definitely adds to the close knit feeling of this site, what a joke.

Lol....small man with small man complex. Under the impression, that the best way to make his opinions look good, is to feebly try to tear down the opinion of respected posters around him.

Why don't you start in on me or Woj or Hamp. We rarely are tolerant of internet trolls. Bogey is way out of your league, little man.

And there he is, the other old head of the site that can't resist commenting on every thread. I promise no one respects you, that's why you're constantly getting into it with people on here. Little man? LMAO Oh no, I've woken up the other old troll that has no life other than posting on this site, spamming the same closed minded opinions.

Hurry up and reply now, I know you're sitting close by waiting for a new post to pop up so you have something to do on a friday night.

Yeah man, pick on somebody your own size!

RU4 is the DGCR board-nanny and he's liable to give you a massive wedgie, two Indian sunburns, a charlie horse, a titty-twister, a swirly, a noogie, and a Polish bike ride.

:D Oh I know, he's that old man all the kids messed with, step on his lawn and he shakes his finger violently then gets carted off in the whambulance. I picture him hugging his respirator, while staring wide eyed at dcgr...

Thank you all for the lulz! :thmbup:

'twas tempting to open up a can o' whoop@ss like I did that troll a few months ago... but the Mods deleted that whole exchange. A few folks found it rather entertaining, though.

Is this guy for real? Guess I was right about the old heads, no life whatsoever outside of posting on this site. When your life is so pathetic you take pride in thinking you said something over the internet. Stay up late now and think really hard about your next stupid post, no one cares or is waiting...

LOL Thank you for proving my point. "acknowledging that they have every right" because people need to hear this? Over and over saying do it his way, you don't need to do this or that, like people need his blessing. "there's nothing wrong with liking..." LOLOLOLOL Such great comments, definitely adds to the close knit feeling of this site, what a joke.
Yes, qualifying statements are an important part of context. I don't see anywhere where he said to do things his way. You, on the other hand, seem pretty insistent that he do things YOUR way.

Is this guy for real? Guess I was right about the old heads, no life whatsoever outside of posting on this site. When your life is so pathetic you take pride in thinking you said something over the internet. Stay up late now and think really hard about your next stupid post, no one cares or is waiting...

Your lack of self awareness is hilarious! :D:D

"When your life is so pathetic you take pride in thinking you said something over the internet."

"Stay up late now and think really hard about your next stupid post, no one cares or is waiting"

-enter Crabapillar....

This is just a microcosm of society, and you're simply demonstrating you make zero contribution. On the other hand, my contributions are significant and varied.

Go ahead and diss all you want, and do what you must to inflate your ego. Your insignificance grows with each post, and everyone sees just how pathetic you are.

My disc bag would be fairly easy to replace in theory. Grip-AX15. All my discs are stock but it would suck replacing the beat in ones. I have several discs with multiple years on them(and that's not even counting the last 3 years that i've hardly played.).

As some of you might have seen in the sports forum... My current golf bag is pricey though i didn't pay for most of it.

$1200 irons that my brother gave me after they sat in his closet for over a year when he didn't like them and they were damn near new when i got them.
Driver that was $450-500 3 yrs ago(still getting 200+ used) that was also given to me by my brother.
My bag was around $200 20yrs ago when i bought it. Titleist carry bag with stand.
Putter was $250ish 17yrs ago when i bought it.
2 Titleist wedges $100 ish
2 Adams Tight Lies ST fairway woods which i bought used for <$100ea 19yrs ago

...and in the 2mo+ since i started golfing again, I'd bet I've spent at least a grand on fees, balls, gloves, headcovers, $15 divot tool with magnetic OhioSt logo ball marker , etc

Oh... and i'm about to spend another $200 or more soon cause while that bag was great for me 20yrs ago when i was walking courses a lot, it does not like being in a cart and is a pita now, lol.

Last edited:
You tryin' to muscle in on my turf?

Nah, just trying to...

OIP.efnoKobJLuNWOQ65eYMBgQHaFn

;)

I used to bowl and play golf so I was accustomed to paying a fair amount to play every week. Hobbies I've all but given up for disc golf. Discs seemed cheap by comparison, and omg I bought alot of discs. After 10 years of trying everything I could get my hands on, my bag won't be much of an expense going forward. I carry 15 to 20, and have another dozen backups. I don't collect or hoard discs. If I like it then it's in the bag. If I don't I get rid of it as soon as possible; PIAS, trades or just given/thrown away. I ruined a number of rounds trying to make discs work or find a place for them. It's better just to remove the temptation.

I'm glad I'll never need to buy another golf club again. I was in a golf store last month to replace my 10 year old golf shoes. Wow! Prices are nuts. The technology hasn't improved since I bought my clubs, but the industry is still trying to convince you that there is something special about swinging a gravy boat on the end of a fishing pole. Asking price for one diver was $899, and that was under MSRP.

I've been golfing for 30+ years, I've paid an absurd amount on clubs and greens fees since I've played over 3100 rounds conservatively. Even lowballing it and factoring in all the free Highschool and College rounds I played say it's a $25/round average that's…. $77,500 just in greens fees, or ~$2500/year. All I've got to show for it is a jacked up left knee.

You guys are doing it wrong.

All you need is a $400 set of garage sale clubs to be a scratch golfer.
Well that's actually true if the skill is there, in another time in my early 20's I was a Sandbagger, rolled around with 10 clubs mostly from the 80's in a goodwill Wilson bag, had a dated 975J driver and my perfectly fit putter to keep everything in my favor. Mismatched socks for head covers but had my preferred shafts and brand new grips on everything. I was an ass and made a lot of people mad, but it was fun… never went after the casual rounders but those guys who showed up with all the latest and greatest talking big on the first tee got handled by hole 10-12 usually before they'd stop listening to my increased bets. Even with modern tech I still play a set of 1992 Ram FX Tour blades and I'll never change em out.

Was Scratch-or-better for 3 years but the amount of practice and work it takes to maintain that is horrible on your body and wallet. Had to hustle to scrape by for months at a time.

Latest posts