• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My version of the Grip Eq bag

The sunglasses pouch is one of my favorite features, I use it in nearly every round.

I sliced mine clear off - got in the way of accessing the disc compartment.

Side note: I'm starting to think that I should have gone green. I like the set up in post 434

The sunglasses pouch is large enough to hold my cell phone and keys so I will probably keep it.

I used my bag for the first time yesterday. My discs fell out of the main compartment twice - one time on a hill when i put my bag down and didn't make sure it was front side up and the other time was when I dropped my bag face down by accident.

The sunglasses pouch is large enough to hold my cell phone and keys so I will probably keep it.

I used my bag for the first time yesterday. My discs fell out of the main compartment twice - one time on a hill when i put my bag down and didn't make sure it was front side up and the other time was when I dropped my bag face down by accident.

This happened to me once or twice the first couple of times I used it. It is most likely to happen if it has less than 15 discs in it. Attaching a bungee chord to the two zippers is definitely the way to go. One quick pull zips the disc compartment right up!

Yeah I will probably do that and install some zipper stops.

When I got the bag the thread that was attaching the zipper to the bag was broken. I wasn't going to send it back and tried to sew the zipper back on. It worked for a while but the thread I was using wasn't strong enough and it snapped. I might take the bag to a seamstress to see if he/she can sew it back on.

The thing I was most impressed with was how it felt on my back. Very lightweight.

Looked like it was going to be impossible to fit my frame inside, but partially assembling it while inside the bag was the key. I saved the front lower piece of PVC for last and put the back/sides in first. I trimmed down the front piece of pipe quite a bit until it fit. It doesn't nee to extend all the way into the very back of the PVC fittings, just enough to not come out. Bag is super light! Now the debate begins on keeping my Lat64 pro bag or using this bag...

picture.php

I am planning on selling mine. The Lat Pro bag weighs a ton compared to the cabela's bag.

Looked like it was going to be impossible to fit my frame inside, but partially assembling it while inside the bag was the key. I saved the front lower piece of PVC for last and put the back/sides in first. I trimmed down the front piece of pipe quite a bit until it fit. It doesn't nee to extend all the way into the very back of the PVC fittings, just enough to not come out. Bag is super light! Now the debate begins on keeping my Lat64 pro bag or using this bag...

picture.php

When I got my cabellas I couldn't get rid of my lat pro bag fast enought. That thing was a boat anchor.

537919_10152376407440114_1203621582_n.jpg

Finally got a picture of my bag. Currently the discs are different, but 17 in the bottom, 2 in the putter pocket and 2 inside of the top compartment. I have 3 towels hooked to the top now too.

If you live near a store it will probably be in the Bargain Basement area now. A buddy of mine went to our local Cabela's and could not find the bag, the guy working there even looked it up in the system and said it showed DISCONTINUED. My buddy then decided to just check out the bargain area and found it for $52.99...good luck guys!!!

If you live in DFW, Texas, I bought two and am going to be returning one. You can come to the store after me and snag it when I return it!

OK, after much gnashing of teeth, I FINALLY pulled the trigger on this bag when I saw that it was back on sale today for $49.99.

http://is.gd/bfbKhR

I can afford the Grip Eq bag, but this forum has convinced me to save the $125+ (after PVC frame) and make this one happen.

:clap:

Big Plus.....The Four Tackle Boxes Still Fit After.The Frame Is Installed. Awesome.Bag.

Frame done, finally...

OK. I figured out a frame that works for my preferences....

I created a frame for the lower compartment, that makes the zipper track more vertical so that it's easier to remove and replace discs. The frame is like an upside down U. I can fit 15 nicely with some room to pull discs out easily. I can get 16 in there, but then it's a tight fit and I have to pry the discs on the sides out with more effort. Click the photos for larger views.

Pic 1 shows the compartment with 15 discs.
Pic 2 shows the empty compartment
Pic 3 shows the roof of the lower compartment with the top part of the frame against the divider between lower and upper compartments.

Attachments

• 01_With Discs.JPG
    01_With Discs.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 02_Empty.JPG
    02_Empty.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 03_Roof.JPG
    03_Roof.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 73
I think somone at Cabela's is watching this thread and having fun with us:
OK, after much gnashing of teeth, I FINALLY pulled the trigger on this bag when I saw that it was back on sale today for $49.99.

http://is.gd/bfbKhR

I can afford the Grip Eq bag, but this forum has convinced me to save the $125+ (after PVC frame) and make this one happen.

Back In StOck Online...Limited Left
Sold out...Again.

Glad I got mine earlier.
:thmbup:
On sale, sold out... On sale again, sold out...
I mean, if you were some bored employee, wouldn't you? :p

Last edited:

I got the okay from the wife, yea i said it, to buy a grip or the new DD bag, but i couldn'g bring myself to drop $200 on a bag when i can use the savings on some plastic...

Thanks for all the heads up on this and the frames too guys!

Last edited:

Latest posts